My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

My neighbour's wind chime is jingling like a mother *fruitcage*.  Most annoying.

The bamboo ones are no better. Once the wind gets up they sound like a skeleton *fruitcage* a xylophone.

Missed a step this morning on my outdoor concrete ones at work. Landed on the ankle I fractured years ago (which still gives me grief from time to time but not much). It's swollen to twice the size. It's not stupidly painful though so I got lucky, especially as if I'd fallen the flight I'd be in hospital. However of course it happens five days before my SAR selection, four of which are working days.

I'd love to take the time off to rest it but we're already down a bunch of managers and manager is already doing me a massive favour giving me this weekend off before my leave.

I'm sure it'll be fine, it hurt like hell at the time (as well as nausea and excessive sweating which worried me as was concerned it might've broken) but it's not painful right now even if I prod it it's more to the level of discomfort than pain. But I'm elevating and icing on my down time.

Just glad it wasn't worse given I already had to push back my application last year.

1 hour ago, Tw1tch said:

(as well as nausea and excessive sweating which worried me as was concerned it might've broken)

That's def just anxiety pal - I wouldn't worry about it! If you can stand on it currently you should be good in a few day's time but I wouldn't go running anywhere or lifting heavy.

Yeah I came down with horrific nausea with my kidney stone years ago and remember reading about it being symptomatic with serious injuries.

But all seems good, was still swollen this morning but no pain.

I still feel weird with my left leg sometimes ever since the ligament sprain 3 years ago, sometimes stuff like that just doesn't go away (much like my abdominal strain seems to be still).

Found a fellow selling a SPOSN sumrak stateside cheap, only problem is it one size above me.  Figured maybe it'd be close enough and went to measure myself to be sure, only to realize I'm even shorter than I thought I was.  Guess I'll have to pass on it, though it killing me inside to do so.

Archived