My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struggling lately.

Been applying for jobs alice über der platz but getting nothing. Took a day's holiday to meet with a recruitment agency and then go to an interview last week and I've not really had anything from that, the company emailed me the very next day to say I hadn't got it.
Which, y'know, was good. At least I wasn't kept waiting, but *fruitcage*, how *suitcase* must I be for them to not even take 12 hours to make a decision about me?

Feel like I'm a bloody yo-yo with my mood. Tuesday was my birthday and I had a really nice day. Yesterday was ok I guess and today I just want to curl up and go to sleep.

Also I *fruitcage*ed up the carbonation sugar in my homebrew and two thirds of each bottle escapes as foam when you open them.

And now I'm old, too.

Old? 

OLD? 

I'll tell you about old! 

Regarding jobs, at least you are employed, which as its not ideal, it gives you some wiggle room to find something else. There is work out there, honest. You just have to keep pecking away. A platitude, I know, but it's true. 

Mood-wise, do you talk to your wife about how you feel? If not, do. Or at least someone. I've seen first hand how bottling things up can be damaging to your mindset, and it can spiral. 

You are a strong, independent woman who don't need no man. 

Wait, no... 

As for the booze going wrong, that's a simple fix. Just tip it and buy a case of fosters... 

Yup.

Yup,

Yup,

Yup,

FOSTERS!

Nope, nope nope nope.

I applied for a promotion.
I didn't get it, the guy who got it isn't better than me, he is just louder and more aggressive.

I get it, they want a loud reactionary blowhard who creates conflict.

They don't want a super-intelligent emotionally retarded guy picking apart everything they say.

They're all Army, so they don't trust intelligence and they think shouting is leadership.

It still sucks.

Plus, I feel you, getting old is *suitcase* and I am getting older.

I hate today.

As someone who bottles up way too much, speak out before it consumes every cell in your mind.

I also hate this week and getting old.  Done nothing but put 4 oz bottles into *suitcasey* cardboard cartons all week in ridiculous amounts and towards end of day today I get told we are going to do a particular good we do only once a year for this *suitcasey* pharma company we do business with, a product known as PillGlide.  Said product last time numbered near 14000 bottles and is projected to take a week+ to run.

It's a facking spray to help take pills that says to take a glass of water with it on the box itself.

Why even use the spray then!

Missed this month's local game due to not having an active FB account to catch the notice on it.  Anything else this month is quite a drive away.

8 hours ago, Got Wood? said:

Check out this Instagram account of pure Airsoft cancer.

https://instagram.com/_ghettoairsoft_?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=v2ivhgqvvk8a

I'm too old and too grumpy to deal whit *suitcase* like that. 

If he was on my field, he would be eating that setup, and the tank would be inserted up his *albartroth*. 

I hate twats. 

Sadly they are everywhere.  I'm just surprised that kids are starting out with polarstar setups right out of the gate these days (at least, I've seen quite a few youngsters with shiny new ones).

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the other thread, but since it ended on a sour note I guess here is better.  Attempted to rewire 3 of my aegs today with nukefets, my main kalash, the ak105, and the accursed rpk.  First job was okay, too much wire in some spots but worked out in the end.  Second job went splendid, much cleaner fit in the end. 

You can already probably tell how the rpk job went...

After hours of painful work trying to get the gearbox to sit with all the extra wiring making it a nightmare (remember the *fruitcage* doesn't disassemble),  somehow having the selector lever warp (and thus had to struggle to at first try to glue it to the damn peg before giving up and finding a loose fitting replacement), it works, but I fear out of the three it is the one most likely to blow up on me someday.  I get the feeling something with less wiring would have been better but alas I made due.

Managed to get gorilla glue on my fingers which naturally is bothersome.

I have a lower quality asg mosfet left to throw on the bizon (which should have gotten the nukefet instead of the accursed rpk really), but I just don't have the energy to bother with it this late at night.

In short, *fruitcage* LCT rpk design with a spiked bat.

1 hour ago, Hedganian said:

Wifey is back in hospital again. May not be able to pick up the new car tomorrow.

This may sound *suitcase* - and I don't mean it to - but is that a restriction? 

If she's in, can you not go and get it twixt visiting hours? 

Would it not be an embuggarance to delay collecting it to another day, or does she have to be there in person as its mobility? 

Again, not trying to rile you, and I'm sure you can think practically...! 

Edit, besides that, that sucks. Sorry to hear it ☹️

I'm not 100% sure if they'll let me pick it up without her being there, since it's a mobility car in her name.

Also, it specifically states in the paperwork that the named person must not be an inpatient of an NHS hospital when the car is collected. Don't ask me why, but that's what it says.

I'm going to go and try anyway, we'll see what happens.

Work taking its usual toll on me, mixed with the fact my grandmother is all but dead now.  Not sure if she will go whilst I'm working tomorrow or during the next week.  It is hitting mother hard, and there is not much I can do besides let her cry or repeat things to me over and over.

I've tried to keep my mind off of it so I don't shut down, but as darklite can tell, my efforts via trying to fix my bizon have only made things so negative I'm just wanting to quit all together this hobby sometimes.

In short, *fruitcage* spring.

Stay strong for your family - grief has a different affect on everyone.

For now, cherish the fact that your grandmother is a good person, that has raise you and your mother.  Your mother needs you to be there for her but shutting out what is happening right now isn't for the best.  Work is work, airsoft is airsoft.  It will both still be there in a day, 6 weeks or 5 years.  Be there for your mother and family, accept that you cannot be everywhere at once.

If you feel a necessity to shut down, have an end state for recovery - give yourself an afternoon or evening just to go for a walk and mentally process what is happening.

Archived