My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

One day to play and not only is it torrential downpour right now but family member needed the car.  Sucks because the next game I would go to is when the folks are on vacation so I have to stay home and watch the dogs and house.  Missed the weekend before when it was nice out because of the same reason (they were on a trip up north for the weekend).

Meanwhile work is in a maelstrom atm due to several people leaving/retiring so there is that fear of the future.  During my shift on Friday I started getting the existential crisis thoughts again.  Folks there told me I'm stressing out too much and going to have a heart attack.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel oddly helpless. I need to plan an intro for my Cyberpunk 2077 livestreams, since I already know the release date and I need to stock up on stuff. But I can't focus and I feel oddly averse to spending money on it, despite having sizable savings.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:57 PM, hitmanNo2 said:

I as going to say.  April next year.  I think you've got time bud...

Live action sequences and editing, mate. I have time for those until September, I think. To give you a general idea, here's what I made for Shadow Warrior 2 (with four or five variants of the opening scene):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odd6uWlNSao

But then, the "What the hell is this dump?... Oh." in front of CD Projekt's HQ and parody of the Keanu reveal are the most important ones.
(note, CD Projekt's HQ is really unassuming, it's a dingy commie-era office block on the east side with nothing but a modest billboard on the roof)

They're all out of Tavor AEGs in all the local shops. And the SL8 with a G36 threaded barrel is available in only one.

Worse yet, I'm toying with sourcing that Snow Wolf K98 for an entirely different project.

Netflix account has been hacked. 

Took a 5 minute phone call to them to sort, but it had been upgraded to a 4 screen account which I may yet get stung for. 

Twats. 

Someone had a go at my spotify too, but I got an email for that warning of suspicious activity.

Change your passwords, folks! Mine were changed every 3 months, so no idea what's happened. 

On 7/4/2019 at 8:50 AM, Hardcore1-6 said:

I had Microsoft Live trying to charge me double - the monthly payment and then a yearly subscription as well.

Cancelled both, campaign/story gaming is the only way forward.  Bargain bin 2 year old games for £3 and they're fantastic.

Metal gear solid phantom pain is a must if your into campaign 

I myself have fallen back into the FFXIV MMO slog since most things I played solo were not clicking with me anymore.  Host of problems with getting back into such a game though, such as reluctance to go outside enough.

It has slightly helped combat the depression lately since I've been missing out on my monthly airsoft excursions lately.

It's better to avoid new games - wait a minimum of a year to get them for less than half of new price, usually with all the DLC and most of the bugs fixed.

The craze to preorder or buy on release day is killing games - why bother making it good, or even work properly, if you've already sold millions of copies and made profit before you even released it?

I went back FFXIV myself, recently. The new expansion and changes piqued my interest. For third time since ARR... 

9 hours ago, Gunmane said:

I myself have fallen back into the FFXIV MMO slog since most things I played solo were not clicking with me anymore.

Time for another Good News/Bad News situation.

Good news: I actually went to an airsoft game last month (but forgot to post about it in the good news thread at the time, sorry)

Bad news: By doing so, I discovered that my G36 has developed a fault with the selector and won't fire semi-auto reliably; as well as losing a ton of power and is down to less than 300fps with 0.2s. I can't afford to have a tech open it up and fix it. Well, that's what you get for leaving AEGs sitting in cases for seven years... 😒

Well, my mom's 10 year old Shiba Inu had to be put on Rainbow Express on Thursday. She had managed to destroy the leg gaments on her left hind leg's knee. And even with (expensive) surgery she wouldn't have been without pain, even with medication, so the decision was made to relieve her of the pain. 

Big summer party on Saturday night - someone's guests were caught trying to leave wearing discarded fancy dress items.  On closer inspection, they had also tried to make off with a pair of high heels and a clutch bag.  My guest has had her raybans disappear - can only assume these little *fruitcage*ers have had them.

And my local dog walking patch has a crop circle, complete with man-in-caravan charging £3 to go see it.  He tried to claim a dog was his when the owner challenged him.  Stealing a dog. *wheelbarrow*.

FORCED LABOUR CAMP!

Get him!

Burn the caravan.
Burn all the caravans.

Dog thief?  Feed him to dogs.

If you don't like the rules of society then you can stop following them.  The other side to that coin is that the police don't have to follow the rules either.
You will be used to train police dogs.

We've always had a big shortage of organs because of the ridiculous notions that a corpse has the right to bodily autonomy. Even the upcoming change to an 'opt out' system isn't sufficient. Living people die every day while the organs which could save them are wasted. That's murder in my book.

Organ donation after death should be mandatory and automatic, unless they're not medically suitable. There should be no exemption for people's stupid superstitions or prejudices.

Having said that, though, if we going to have an opt out system, then anyone who opts out of being a donor should also be opted out of being a recipient. Not willing to give? Then you can't benefit from those who are willing.

Archived