My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a great day of airsoft soured by losing my car keys and a mag.  Was fubared because it was the only known set of keys for the car but somehow my folks brought along a set that works, but I'll need another set made.

Lost my free Wendy's mini frosty charm though.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed on Sunday's game day to either strain/tear muscles near my left side rib cage, or somehow I am still walking about with a fractured rib, won't know really because going to a doctor is a bit of a hurdle atm.  Painkillers and muscle relaxers have no effect, and I can't exactly stay still for a month to heal.

Sucks because I was looking forward to going to a distant field's last game for the year this upcoming Saturday and playing alongside the game host from last weekend for once (he joined last game Sunday and took me out with a trishot, which was amusing).

As an addendum to previous post, besides my health not improving, one of my dogs, Winston, has lost control over both his rear legs.  He likely hurt his spinal cord again, and I suspect the vet will tell my mother there is nothing to be done this time.

Seeing her break down last night holding him in her arms made me waver a bit to my old self and I about reached for one of my old man's glocks to sort out this *suitcase* existence sooner.

Just tired of all of it, what should have been a fun weekend last week and another one this past week has turned into absolute misery.

20 hours ago, Gunmane said:

As an addendum to previous post, besides my health not improving, one of my dogs, Winston, has lost control over both his rear legs.  He likely hurt his spinal cord again, and I suspect the vet will tell my mother there is nothing to be done this time.

Seeing her break down last night holding him in her arms made me waver a bit to my old self and I about reached for one of my old man's glocks to sort out this *suitcase* existence sooner.

Just tired of all of it, what should have been a fun weekend last week and another one this past week has turned into absolute misery.

That sucks bud.

One of my dogs suffered from this a few times and we were worried sick. It turns out he was prone to prostate inflammations which caused swelling and put pressure on the spinal chord.

We had him neutered and the problem went away. Not trying to give false hope, but it may be something to look in to. He was a pup when it was happening, and is now just over 7 and he's not had an incident since.

I'm hoping you were looking at a Glock for the dog.

If you thought about it for you, please don't. I know it's easy to say from thousands of miles away as an anonymous internet person but please have a look for help if you're thinking like that. Even anonymous phone lines like the Samaritans. Give them a call. I have seen first hand how doing just that can help people with dark thoughts. People have turned themselves around, and opening up is the first step. Don't hold on to things. It's like shaking a new bottle of coke up and not opening the cap. It will explode. Slowly loosening the cap and letting some out takes the pressure off. Honestly, it does.

Oh no, the glock was for me.  Mother's response was just to threaten to have me locked up.  Goes to show how facked the world is when parents rather imprison their child then let their social status/life/etc. get called into question because their child wants to die.

I gave up on following through a decade ago though, so in the end nothing matters.  Locked up into a life that isn't a life at all, no changing my mind, no leaving to see the world (as all I see is a world of *suitcase* naturally), just existing.

Folks are going to try the steroid medication treatment again for the dog, which means I will likely be using up all my PTO to take every Thursday off to just sit here at home and watch over him.

The world is a nice place. The media put a downer on it, but don't report the good stuff.

Can you jump in your car and travel the country for a bit? Casual work for food money, camping kit in the boot (trunk)? Any family or friends you can stay with further away so you can depressurise? Even just being out on your own. I enjoy that sometimes to just recharge.

Oh no, the glock was for me.  Mother's response was just to threaten to have me locked up.  Goes to show how facked the world is when parents rather imprison their child then let their social status/life/etc. get called into question because their child wants to die.

Could it be possible that she actually wants to stop you from shooting yourself?

Might be an idea for her to get those easy-access firearms out of the house too.

Oh, and *please* seek professional help. Get a doctor, a therapist, counselling, whatever works.

Ugh. Turns out I could get a Dboys K98K with a scope (similar scope setup to the G&G version) for $170 before shipping, but I don't like that "scope in the middle" setup. But, S&T has just released a new version of their M1903A3 springer, and I found a very nice low-profile RIS mount for it (doesn't look like a RIS after you put the rings on)...

But I'm broke. :(

So, my injured dog is likely not getting any better, and to top it off he somehow got worms from freaking neighbor cats pooping in our yards earlier this year, and the other dog has been infested with cat fleas.  Trying to get everything killed and under control but frankly I think the cat owners should be fined for letting their cats run about without being treated.  Never have our dogs ever had infestations before, not in 11 years.

Side pain still not fully gone, doc last week said my rib cage moved out of order and my nerve clusters that run from spine to front of ribs got pinched.  As the doc is a DO he tried to adjust everything back but I doubt it did enough to fix the issue.

To top it all off I've agreed to go get 1k for my mother to help cover bills because my *albartroth* of a father does not realize how bad we are financially in and insists on not getting rid of things like the *fruitcage* timeshare he never uses, yet berates my mother if she buys something he asked her to get or anything for herself at all.

Arrogant *albartroth* middle management bullshiting and blaming me for someone else's mistake. Then when I then show that it actually wasn't me, rather than apologise he gives me the silent treatment like a teenage girl.

At least when the site closes in March I'll be off and I think my parting gift will be an e mail to HR dropping him in the *suitcase*.

I take that's the same as constructive dismissal? If so then with a bit of luck yes as it's not the first time he's *fruitcage*ed me and around. I'm holding back for the moment though as the site I'm at is closing next year and I'm going to get another job first

Unfortunately that probably wouldn't work as luckily I don't have to deal with him daily and he likes jobsworths who can only follow instructions without thinking for themselves.

He's doing a site visit tomorrow so I'll see what flavour of he feeds me and take it from there

13 hours ago, shmook said:

Same thing as work to rule? 

Kind of.
Work to rule is one of the things a union can do to force companies to the negotiation table.
If there is a culture of the staff working unpaid overtime or skipping permitted breaks or similar then work to rule will mean that everyone behaves exactly as their contract specifies.
Usually slows down production.

Malicious compliance is usually effective if there is one particularly stupid boss who tells you to do something like "check all the keyboards and throw away any dirty ones".
Normally you'd say "did you mean clean them?"
If doing malicious compliance you'd go round, collect all the the keyboards (all keyboards are dirty) and chuck them in the compactor.
Now nobody can do any work and the business gets a bill for £20,000 to replace all the keyboards.
You get hauled into the office for it and then say "boss A told me to do it".

Archived