My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Every Xmas for the past four years, Aldi has been showing adverts featuring a talking carrot and his family. The cast of characters has been increasing each year.

They release toys and other merchandise to cash in on the popularity of the characters, a portion of the sake price goes to the teenage cancer trust. They are only available for a limited time abs in short supply, so naturally they are in greater demand than the available supply can cater for. People who get hold of them are therefore selling them on ebay for upto ten times the original price.

It's a thing.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gunmane said:

I half wonder how many airsoft retailers do it as well, just saw evike brought back TM recoil aks just to sell them for near 600 dollars claiming that they were "difficult to import till we with our partners made it happen" which is a load of crock.

Just a half-load of crock, really.

Everyone and their aunt ought to know that TM doesn't really bother about sales outside of Japan, so there isn't a TM Wholesaler you could easily order a decent lot of the things, and if you're a retailer with as big a site as Evike, you don't really announce you have stuff for sale unless it's more than five pieces, so getting that 20-rifle lot or 100-rifle lot might take them time to arrange.

So I ordered an used office monitor (from a Dell office desktop) that was supposed to have a DisplayPort input, the only kind my new video card can work with for a secondary screen. I picked it up from the courier yesterday, cracked the parcel open today...

The *fruitcage* moron sent me an older monitor with only VGA and DVI inputs, despite the description stating it had a DisplayPort. So I demanded a refund. What did the moron do?! He had the gall to ask me if I want a replacement. I took it as a personal insult. Either he's dumb and dishonest, and still he assumes I intend to deal with him again? Before he even contacted me, I already ordered another monitor, precisely listed on the local auction website, model number and all, for just 2 quid more.

Our landlord has decided to sell our house - despite saying when we moved in that they'd "never sell" and we could stay as long as we wanted to.

We've been on the council housing list for over a year and no closer to finding a suitable property anyway, but now it becomes a lot more urgent.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has £200,000 to buy our house and rent it back to us to avoid moving.

This is also possibly the worst time of year to try to deal with anything of this magnitude...

15 minutes ago, Hedganian said:

Our landlord has decided to sell our house - despite saying when we moved in that they'd "never sell" and we could stay as long as we wanted to.

Your tenancy lease should carry over from seller to buyer, if that's any help - i.e. if you've got 10 months left on your contract you're safe until then. The buyer can't just evict you straight away etc.

They went too far with the carrots this year but underestimated the demand for the newer characters.

The sprout and tomato are selling on ebay for anything upto forty pounds. Each. They were £3.99 in Aldi, if you could get one, so it's good business for those who are reselling them.

I am just on a roll for getting burned on orders this month.  Had a seller sell me a hat way smaller than it was advertised (and didn't respond to me till after I gave negative feedback) and I am just going to keep the damn thing because trying to return it would be more hassle than worth.  Now I just got one of my packages that was supposed to have an ICS ak fire selector to replace the 74m's worn out piece but instead of the selector I find a random speedloader alongside the gate nanoasr in the package.  Turns out the shop I ordered from refunded me the selector price automatically because it was not actually in stock, and didn't bother to hold the order till they had gotten word from me (I would have canceled the order all together).  I knew it was a shop with a bad record but it was the only stateside shop that supposedly had the part in stock.

Also, it's my accursed bday and everything that can go wrong has gone wrong today.

4 hours ago, shmook said:

Could you not retire to another room? Game, read or garage to engineer things with hammers?

How do you think he knows he'd rather listen to his feet being smashed with hammer? 

Joke aside, it might cause friction at home. 

So.

I spend a lot of time away from my wife with work etc.
I don't watch TV and by that I mean, I do not watch traditional serial content.  I do like Rich and Morty (mostly) and as you may know from the other thread I like Star Trek TNG.

That means that I spend a lot of time watching Youtube and other "New Media" content.
I probably watch over 8 hours a day, at 200% speed.

For entertainment, we watch different things  She watches [utter garbage that makes me feel like I am getting more stupider] and I watch documentaries.
To make her feel like we are doing something together all she asks is that I sit watching my laptop next to her.

Alas, I am unable to move into another room.

Furthermore, she likes me to have at least one ear available so that she can make observations about the [banal nonsense].

Oddly, she seems to get triggered when I press spacebar (to pause what I am watching) but has not made the observation that she only says things to me during the advert breaks in her [evidence of the imminent collapse of society].

3 hours ago, amateurstuntman said:

Oddly, she seems to get triggered when I press spacebar (to pause what I am watching) but has not made the observation that she only says things to me during the advert breaks

This sounds very familiar.

Archived