My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An automated system would be the way. You buy ten of XYZ item, put them into the system and then it sells them. When it has sold ten, it puts up 'out of stock' and doesn't sell any more. Or, if it does, it is selling them as 'preorders' and tells people that, so they know what they're getting into.

The big trouble with stock management systems is the initial setup. Especially if you have tons of items and don't have too tech-savvy crew. 

Then comes understanding your system and how to use it. Most of the big systems are too expensive for small businesses and usually come bundled with either accounting software or full-blown ERP, raising the bar even further. Most cheap (read: free) eCommerce packages require manual updating of the stocks, and that can get complicated for small shops. 

I have no sympathy for the shops.  They are shops, their job is being a shop.

You have one job. Do your job.

I paid £2000 for a groupset on a bike website that said "in stock".  It wasn't in stock.  It wasn't even available from the supplier.  It wasn't even being manufactured yet.  It had been announced by the manufacturer and listed by the shop.

They did it speculatively to trap people, offering them pre-orders when they "ran out of stock".  It stayed on their website as "in stock" for the 18 months it took to be available from the supplier.

It took me over a month to get my money back, in the end I only managed because of the distance selling regulations and the fact that I used a credit card.

The Shop is "Pro Bike Kit" if anyone is wondering.  Pure fraud.

I also bought a bike frame from FLI industries that was advertised as "in stock, 48 hour delivery" that had to be hand made in Austria and took 4 months to arrive.

Ugh, had to spend 120 quid on pest control and a hotel room to stay out of the apartment for the night.

Because somehow, my flatmate's bed has been infested with bedbugs. That most probably crawled in from the apartment downstairs.

I wanted to spend those 120 quid differently!

5 hours ago, Mike_West said:

Ugh, had to spend 120 quid on pest control and a hotel room to stay out of the apartment for the night.

Because somehow, my flatmate's bed has been infested with bedbugs. That most probably crawled in from the apartment downstairs.

I wanted to spend those 120 quid differently!

Christ, I thought I had those from a VESHMESHOK that I bought on eBay. I didn't sleep for like four days, constant sensation of itching, and linear red dots on my arms. Washed my bedding and it all went away. Freaked me out.

On 1/8/2020 at 4:41 PM, DeadChristmas69 said:

Christ, I thought I had those from a VESHMESHOK that I bought on eBay. I didn't sleep for like four days, constant sensation of itching, and linear red dots on my arms. Washed my bedding and it all went away. Freaked me out.

That was one bag, now think that the *fruitcage*ers not only settled on the back of the couch, but also in the junction box next to it and must have been there for some time.

I had to toss the couch AND the armchairs. Didn't like'em anyways. The bad thing is, I gotta start putting money for a serious renovation together.

Parts for the LCT RPK show up (original stock cylinder head and air nozzle because both of the originals broke long ago and the shs replacements might be why it doesn't feed), alongside the sentinel arms drum mag and GATE mosfet bits.  Figure I'll start work on the LCT gearbox before I go out to eat with coworkers for one of their birthdays.

One of the allen key screws for the gearbox is somehow stripped, the drum mag will not fit my ak100 series carbine and I suspect it won't fit the rpk well, and looking back I should have ordered more double signal wires than I had.

Also supposed to have an ice storm that might cut power for a few days.

Great start to the weekend.

Having one of those days where nothing is going right. Going to pick up my SL8 the train was delayed by work on the track. Then to get back I decided rather than waiting 40 minutes for another train, I'd get a taxi only for some twat to roll his car and trailer blocking the motorway so I've now been sat in a jam without moving for almost 45 minutes

Edit: removed as I'm not going to  *badgeress* about traffic jams when some poor guy isn't going home tonight

What doesn't help is when idiots get out and wander off so when the traffic finally starts moving their car is blocking the lane

We'll when I finally got past the accident there was no sign of a car or trailer so I don't know where the traffic website got that from. However there was a wreaked motorbike and a page white sheet  on the ground with a suspicious looking lump underneath  so I don't think moaning about being stuck in traffic is really on

That's the thing. We all hate traffic, and with an accident our first thought is 'bloody hell, I'm going to be late.' it's a natural thought though, don't dwell on it.

Like you say though, you won't be as late as the person/s caught up in it, whose families could be getting a horrible knock on the door from a bobby with their hat in their hands.

Archived