My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably doesn’t warrant a new thread as I’m probably missing something. But free float ris’ like the nuprol bocca series rails, have a barrel but that secured to the upper receiver, and the rail slips over and secured to that nut.

But how on earth do you stop it being able to unscrew using the ris by just turning that?!?

• 1 month later...

Whelp, I am already nearing boredom and I got 2 more weeks of it due to company I work for deciding to close down on their own for 2 weeks (we fell in the "essential but also not" grey line area and bosses afraid of mass infection of a certain Beer Virus).   I managed to damage an old dboys 74m receiver trying to do a khyber pass ak build (tried to mate a steel dboys akms front end to it and then change the stock to a triangle folding), so I had to transfer all the guts and front end to my old full stock ak74 set, with many hours frustration in finding I couldn't really wire it to the stock to run the 11.1v batteries I did have.  Broke all my spare rear sight leafs in the process as well so I am waiting on a real deal one to hopefully not break.  Don't even know if it shoots alright because it been raining constantly.

Going to try and work out each day and play videogames in the meantime (animal crossing atm mostly), as I just don't want to really mess with my replicas much anymore (besides the aforementioned case).  Tis a sad state of the world when one rather be at work than having time to themselves.

Hey, it could be worse. I handed in my notice at my old job, was starting a new on on the 30th. That’s now on hold for the duration of the virus pandemic, and I’ll be hired if they come out the other side healthy.

Because of the timing and the fact I handed in my notice rather than got fired/made redundant, the only financial help I qualify for is Universal credit.

That's some really lousy timing, GW... Hope the new place comes through this afloat so they can pick you up.

As an IT consultant, WFH wouldn't be that hard, but I keep sitting at my computer nook -working- all day, and just can't bother to game anymore after workday. Although it'll ease a bit next week, as my customer, who are in car importing business, are out of new cars to import and sell due to the factories shutting down weeks ago, are suspending new development for a while, and I'll have excess time. Might look at fiddling around and doing some coding for myself, if I can okay it with my employer. Maybe study some new framework or library.

Bloody hell.

We've been in work, working on an "as needed" basis, going home when I have no students.

I have heard a rumor that we are getting sent home today until the 28th.

Oof.

So, if anyone is stuck, in trouble or needs an amigo, chime in.  We're here.

This forum has shrunk, it's smol now but all the casuals have left.  What's left in this thread and the forum in general are a core of really great people.

If you need something and I've got it.  It's yours.

Stay safe, be there for each other.

Also, if you are thinking of getting a VR headset for the purposes of watching documentaries about human reproduction.  Tread carefully.  There's no going back.

• 2 months later...

I've been struggling lately. Not entirely sure with what.

A friend of mine has recently gone through a divorce, and as such is looking to move to the US part time to take up a new career,  other people keep announcing they're pregnant, or having children, or just being happy that they're able to be around their kids whilst they're in lockdown/furloghed/work from home, and that hurts like you wouldn't beleive.

This whole thing in the states is getting me down, I didn't realise quite how bad it was, but then a friend over here explained his experiences with the police, and realised it's so much worse.

I just feel a bit... distant, and apathetic about everything. It's just exhausting  at the moment.

The more I hear and learn about the situation in the US, the worse it feels. It's so *fruitcage* absurd... But the one good thing about it is, more and more of the police who AREN'T in on the White Power Fantasy are finally breaking the silent solidarity with the crooks. But I fear it's too little, too late, and the whole thing might blow up on everyone's faces. Including several of the foreign actors who have been enabling or actively fomenting the unrest for their own gains...

Archived