My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

When I go to the post office:

"Hello.  I'd like to post this please.  OK,  Thanks. Bye"

The people in front of me at the post office:

"I'd like to open these 7 accounts please.  Oh, I haven't filled out any of the paperwork.  I'd also like to send 15 postal orders and can I split them on these 7 debit cards please"

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I don't agree with the post office offering all these other services. Yes, I know it's pretty much all that keeps them afloat, but A) they shouldn't be a for-profit business but a government-funded service and B) they get in the way of the primary reason that the place is there.

At the very least, they should have a separate window for non-post related stuff.

3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

The people in front of me at the post office:

"I'd like to open these 7 accounts please.  Oh, I haven't filled out any of the paperwork.  I'd also like to send 15 postal orders and can I split them on these 7 debit cards please"

9 times out of 10. It's always some 'coffin dodger'.

I'm willing to give a bit of leeway to the elderly that can't get on with lots of stuff moving to online services.  I appreciate the local PO is quite important to them but I often find it's not the oldies that take the with this sort of stuff. 

Latest windows 10 update back on the 27th borked the audio on my laptop, and despite everything I have tried (reinstall audio drivers, update BIOS, attempt to uninstall the updates, a full clean install, etc.) nothing has resolved it, and what little answers I can find basically amount to "if nothing has worked, nothing you can do till the next update comes out that fixes that but borks something else up).  My only way around it is with a headset on, but that is not exactly ideal for say wanting to work out whilst watching Japanese airsoft videos.

Fedex and their estimates.

I was supposed to receive the Flux brace today. Turns out, it's still stuck in customs, CRW learned nothing, and my request to delay the delivery until Monday (when I'm sure to be home) turned out to be pointless.

I tried to go on a "eat only your lunch at work" plan, but the folks keep pushing food onto me even when I refuse, and start getting upset thinking I am doing it to spite them or trying to kill myself.

Tub of lard I be then.

Missing out on a game tomorrow due to the heat and my health being far worse than it was previously.  Depression ahoy!

The site where I play re-opened today. Sadly, I missed the game. Due to restrictions, you have to book in advance on Facebook. I don't do Facebook. I spoke to the site owner and an alternative method has been agreed. I'm off to the next game next week!

Games probably aren't that bad, COVID-wise, than the transit to them or the after games...

At least if it's outdoor game, since outdoors the virus doesn't linger as long in high concetration. But it's not -that- safe, just look at all the resurgencies in the US whenever they re-opened a state.

I have had few friends who had it, and from their descriptions... Yeech, not something I would wish for my worst enemy.

4 hours ago, Hedganian said:

You're probably better off - I don't trust easing the restrictions this much this soon....

I have to beg to differ somewhat. I was out at the site this morning (Just to show my face. I couldn't play, because of terms and conditions).  Parts of the Safe Zone were taped off and the tables had been moved around for social distancing. The site had a 30 player limit, due to social distancing within the safe zone. No walk ons are allowed. All players must book in advance (Because of the 30 player limit). The games themselves shouldn't be a problem. There's no actual CQB areas. It's all woodland. I wear a faceplate myself (Teeth are expensive). I suspect that faceplates are encouraged. Finally. It's all outdoors. I can't give a fuller apprasial until I've played next weekend.

21 hours ago, Spudgun said:

(Teeth are expensive)

Yup, they are... Of course, mine weren't lost in airsofting incident, not originally and not the current state...Which reminds me, I'd need to see whether or not I can go and get a consultation time for the bridgework... Got all sorts of hassles last year, so they took the rotting tooth out, but didn't start on the replacement work yet...

Prices of electronics went absolutely insane. I wanted to buy a Streamdeck, it turned out the prices went up by 25%. Someone asked about webcams, and those turned out to be not just twice as expensive, but mostly out of stock.

Also, I need to buy a Glock. Turns out the grip dimensions on the APS NotGlock are so completely way out of wack that no amount of dremeling is going to sort it out. I also expected the brace to go all the way to my elbow, and I don't have particularly long hands... Nooope, it's shorter, apparently not to tempt people into using it as a stock.

Had my hand slammed by a 500lb drum yesterday at work, was still sore till late today.   Was all excited when I got home to get this cheese grater upper handguard from Khyber Customs to put on my LCT RPK only to find that the edges are too flared out and wide in general to fit either its completely welded gastube or my dboys/cyma gastubes.  What was supposed to save me $30 (LCT one goes for $60 here, this was $30 and higher quality to boot) is now a paperweight.  I now fully expect my other stuff to arrive to all go wrong as well now.

Also spent most of the day at work in a depressive rut that physically had me drained and kept getting nagged by coworkers as to why.  It takes all my willpower to not tell them how much I want to die.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:47 PM, amateurstuntman said:

I am on a diet,

Now I am fat and hungry all the time.

Bleh.

I'm also on a diet. I am mostly feeling fat and hungry all the time too.

I have discovered the "Pinch of Nom" cook books which are a godsend though. I'm actually getting back into proper cooking as opposed to lazy "from the freezer or a jar" cooking. All the meals are sub 400 calories and taste fantastic. Last nights grub was satay chicken which tasted better than the takeaway. 

Okay....

So, some of you may know that the wife and I have had a series of miscarriages, the majority of which at around 8 weeks but the last one was more advanced....

Turns out it was a lot more advanced than we realised. The wife has been contacted by someone who is part of an investigation into a private gynecology group, to which we were referred at the time by the NHS. We didn't have to pay, apparently the NHS does this from time to time, don't ask me why.

Anyway, I was under the impression that the miscarriage occured at about 11-12 weeks. However, this new information indicates that the private group had an ultrasound scan of the pregnancy, dated at approximately 16 weeks, and which was assessed as showing a healthy, well developed fetus with strong heartbeat and no signs of any deficiencies, deformaties or anything else wrong. We were not made aware of the scan results, for some reason.

However, no one bothered to *look* at the scan, and the gynecologist had been insisting for weeks that the wife couldn't possibly be pregnant due to having the implant, and was being delusional and all sorts. She refused, point blank, to order the blood test which detects a pregnancy, and which costs the NHS about £3.50. She even wrote to our regular GP to tell her not to 'pander' to my wife's 'paranoia' by doing the test.

A couple of weeks later, Wifey is in hospital for an unrelated scan and the ultrasound technicians get all funny, then a doctor comes in and asks if she 'knew she had been pregnant'... They had seen the miscarried pregnancy on the scan. We were led to believe that the miscarriage was earlier than it was and had been 'missed' by the body which is why the uterus had continued to expand.

The new information received recently indicates that it was not the case, the fetus had only died a few days earlier due to blood clots in the placenta which cut off the blood supply. These blood clots could have been prevented from forming by a single subcutaneous injection of clexane every day. If the previous ultrasound had been checked, we would 1) have known about the healthy pregnancy and 2) been given aforementioned injections to prevent clotting.

I had previously believed that the miscarriage was an unavoidable result of the wife's ill-health and the medications she was on at the time, and that even if we'd known about it that it would still have failed. However, I have now been told that the baby was fine and would have continued to be fine if someone had done a cheap and easy blood test and/or bothered to look at the results of a scan they'd ordered...

Since that time, the wife's health has severely declined to to unrelated matters and it is infinitely unlikely for any future pregnancy to successfully be carried to term, and the attempt would likely kill her too.

Our child - the last chance we had to have one - was healthy and developing normally and was murdered by the negligence and sheer incompetence of the so-called experts who were unwilling to carry out their basic job functions correctly. Not only that, but they convinced me that the pregnancy didn't exist and rather than fighting for her to be listened to I was trying to 'soothe' her insistence on being pregnant...

He (the scan analysis is 90% sure it was a boy) would be seven now.

The investigation has found at least fifty similar cases....

There are no words to describe the anger I feel.... I want those responsible for this outrage to be identified, and then I want their head(s) on a plate.

Archived