My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just wrong. And why is it so difficult to get a sandwich WITHOUT mayo and salad? You go into any sandwich shop (pre-packaged is right out), and you have to almost physically restrain them from putting half a jar of slimy *beep* and the acricultural output of Belgium in the bloody thing. Just give me a chicken sandwich. Bread, lightly buttered, with white chicken breast meat in it. That's all. Why is that so hard?

:zorro:

Sledge, you'd love the US of A.

In order to get a good sarnie in this country, you have to pay loads for it, and go to a specialty sarnie shop.

In the US, you can go to a Denny's (the equivalent of a Little Chef, but cheap and good) and get a breakfast sandwhich (open before 10am!). It's got about 5 slices of ham, a huge pile of scrambled egg, and loads of cheese. On toasted bread (sourdough). For about $5. That's about £3.

Come on guys, it's not that hard to make a good sarnie...

Yeah, come on guys. Don't just say "I hate big coats." Explain why. Give us the detail of how they obscure your view of the goods, and it annoys you. Get into the spirit of the thread. Vent your spleen and feel better as a result!

Oh, and big coats on women rock. Woman in full length fur, with nothing underneath? Priceless. You have much to learn, youngling.

:zorro:

The lack of Oreos in this country disturbs me.

You only see them occasionally, and they're overpriced. In the US, they're EVEYRWHERE - service stations, supermarkets, general stores. You can get 'cookies and cream' ice cream from 20 different brands, you can get ice-cream filled Oreos, you can get chocolate-cream ones, vanilla-cream ones, dual-filling ones, extra-thick ones, oversized ones, big packs, small packs, Mini Oreos, Oreo malts, Oreo shakes...EVERYTHING!

Here, nowt, unless Sainsbury's decide to stock them again (happens about twice a year).

There's no excuse, either. Here I have a tub of Mini Oreos, bought in the UK (uber rare - I should sell the empty tub on eBay), with a 'Made in Spain' sticker on it, and the ingredients on it. Why? Because the writing on the tub is in Portugese and Spanish.

Come on, importing from Spain isn't hard.

The lack of Oreos in this country disturbs me.

You only see them occasionally, and they're overpriced. In the US, they're EVEYRWHERE - service stations, supermarkets, general stores. You can get 'cookies and cream' ice cream from 20 different brands, you can get ice-cream filled Oreos, you can get chocolate-cream ones, vanilla-cream ones, dual-filling ones, extra-thick ones, oversized ones, big packs, small packs, Mini Oreos, Oreo malts, Oreo shakes...EVERYTHING!

You can also get fudge covered oreos.

Ok, this probably won't seem like much to most people but if you live in a city with a subway system you might understand. On the Glasgow subway system, at each station there is only one narrow staircase leading up from each platform. When the train arrives at the busiest stop on the line, loads of people get off and the staircase is packed with people walking up. What really annoys me is the wankers that are pushing their way down the stairs to get to the platform even though you can see through the gap in the bannister that the train is either pulling out or already left.

It sounds pretty trivial, but it annoys me because it wouldn't hurt to wait at the top of the stairs until they're starting to clear, which would only take another 30 seconds or so out of the seven minute wait for the next train. They know they've missed the train, so why do they feel the need to be really rough and push through just so they're the very first person to stand on the empty platform? :angry:

I hate it when people at school (fellow students) take politics so seriously. Really now! No High schooler is ever going to make ANY difference in politics while in school so why give a shieght?!?!? Everyone is always criticizing the president and other political figures, and I say "If they are so fricken stupid than why are they flying in the very comfortable and luxurious Air Force One?!?!" Lets face it, it MUST take some intelligence to get into that seat of power. And why be against the war? War provokes improvements in technology that are later adapted to everyday and medical uses.

Whoakay, that is kinda short but I am enjoying an italian ice right now, I will now just watch as others rant.

Apologies for the lack of a long rant here, but I've found something that says it better than any amount of written ranting could.

Attention-wh*re clothing logos

It's true, I hate them.

The other problem is, if you walked up to someone with 'Show me cock' on their shirt/trousers and you said "I'll show you my cock", they'd knock you to the floor and kick your teeth in.

So why?

Apologies for the lack of a long rant here, but I've found something that says it better than any amount of written ranting could.

Attention-wh*re clothing logos

It's true, I hate them.

The other problem is, if you walked up to someone with 'Show me cock' on their shirt/trousers and you said "I'll show you my cock", they'd knock you to the floor and kick your teeth in.

So why?

That site rules :rofl:

Archived