Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BACK.

ON.

*fruitcage*-ING.

TOPIC.

Ok, the new reviews system has gone live. All good.

So why is it that some guns with fairly major flaws are being given a high rating?

Take, for best example, the WA Berretta Elite review. The reviewer admits the mag catch isn't all that positive, manually racking the gun fails to engage the slide lock, he suffered two malfunctions whilst skirmishing with it, and the crowning turd in the water pipe, that the mag doesn't hold enough gas to fire off all the bb's it holds!

Surely those are fairly major negative points, and yet it still gets a '8'!!!!!

The ICS SD5 gets a "10", despite the hop-up issues and the mag wobble noted.

Can we try for some objectivity please, people?

Why is the concept of "no splits" so difficult to understand? In so many Sales threads (mine included), the seller will list what he's got, then state he doesn't want to split the package. And that's fine. I even went to the trouble of finding an online retailer that offers magazines new at a good price. But still we get, "would you split...?" NO. Can't be bothered to post bits and pieces off to different locations. Too much effort. Either buy what I'm offering or naff off.

:zorro:

On the subject of the Classifieds section, I DESPISE IT when people post "I want that but have no money" or something of the sort. If you don't have money, then shut up and drool. If you have the money, BUY THE DAMN THING. But don't say "I WANT THAT SOOOOOOOO BAD too bad I'm broke".

Where has that come from? I'm sure it's only started cropping up in the last few months. And the other one is "I haven't got the money, will you wait until I get paid?" To which the answer is always (and I mean always) "If it hasn't sold by the time you have the money, you can buy it, but if someone offers to pay in the meantime, I'll sell it to them." Which is perfectly right. If you want someone to hold something, why not offer a deposit? So post something like "I'm short of the cash now, can I send you, say, £10 for you to hold it, and I'll pay the rest by the 30th. If I haven't paid by then, you can relist the item and keep the tenner." But "Cor, wish I could afford that," is pointless. Are you hoping the person will go "Well, as it's you, you can have it?"

:zorro:

Archived