My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more worried you only have free periods on monday.

How many subjects can you be doing for that? I did 4 *albatross* last year, plus 2 hours of tutor, and 2 hours of Key Skills. I still had 10 hours off.

This year I think I have more, but havent checked.

That '3' advert, with all the Chinese women listening to music contained in David Cronenberg-style embryos, and then police with ear muffs run in.

Gahhhhhhh!!!! It's on every break, and it's as rubbish now as the first time I saw it.

Make it go away... :tongue2:

I'm more worried you only have free periods on monday.

How many subjects can you be doing for that? I did 4 *albatross* last year, plus 2 hours of tutor, and 2 hours of Key Skills. I still had 10 hours off.

This year I think I have more, but havent checked.

I have a gand total of 4 free periods (4 hours) each week.

We have 6 periods a day, 5 days a week. In total 30 periods.

I take 4 A levels Subjects, of which I have 6 hours a week, plus 1 hour of enrichment subject, and one hour of PE, leaving 4 free periods

That '3' advert, with all the Chinese women listening to music contained in David Cronenberg-style embryos, and then police with ear muffs run in.

Gahhhhhhh!!!! It's on every break, and it's as rubbish now as the first time I saw it.

Make it go away...  :tongue2:

Can we expand that to adverts that have nothing to do with what they're advertising? 3 are especially good at this. The reason their ads are on so much is it takes me about twenty viewings before I can remember what it's actually advertising. The irony is, it then makes me think "this company is run by drug-crazed fools, so I'd best not get one of their phones."

It reminds me of the obscure cigarette ads you used to get, where they couldn't directly say "Go on, have a tab!" but had to advertise their brand. Only the old Guiness ads with Rutger Hauer worked as obscure ads.

:zorro:

People who judge others by how they are dressed...

Razer walks down the concourse of Euston station towards the train, several blokes infront and behind of him in suits while he is in jeans and a t shirt with a leather jacket..

As we all approach the front of the train the steward is handing out copies of the Times, as I go to take mine I'm told it's for first class customers only and that standard is further down the train. Fair enough I didn't really want a copy of the Times anyway so i get on and take my seat.

Then some geezer decideds to kick off and inform me that I have no right to sit in here and if I don't move he'll get the train manager.

"Don't you know this is first class"

"Jeez, I was wondering why it says FIRST CLASS on all the windows and seats"

"just you wait till the train manager comes"

"Fine, I will"

Anyway sat at my seat waiting for the at seat tea/coffee to arrive and along comes the woman, as she's about to serve me the bloke tells her I'm not allowed any as I need to be kicked off the train.... She tells him it's not really up to her and serves me anyway...

Along comes the train manager collecting tickets, bang flash the badge descretly and he thanks me then moves on....

Suit blokes jaw dropps to the floor and whispers something to the train manager.... TM shakes his head and asks for his ticket...

Blokey fishes it out and slaps it down on the table

"Sorry sir, your railcard is out of date"

:rofl: poor bloke had to actually pay an excess. The look on his face was priceless..

Now I don't doubt if I'd have been wearing a suit he wouldn't have said anything at alll....

We're ranting? OK, I've got one...

I could get 3-4 real AKs for the cost of building a realistic airsoft AK!!!! That's retarded. I guess I'll have to build an army then.

Join my evil army in our quest for world domination! Get a free gun! Free silver space suit! Even an enslaving helmet that controls your thoughts! And if you change your mind, we'll even give you a cyanide pill! :Dr_Evil:

Join my evil army in our quest for world domination!  Get a free gun!  Free silver space suit!  Even an enslaving helmet that controls your thoughts!  And if you change your mind, we'll even give you a cyanide pill! :Dr_Evil:

Do the Space suits come in blue, and what flavor cyanide pill?

Oh, you mean spam?  ;)

I would say that some of the posts in here are spam. Anything under three or four lines is most likely spam. The point of the thread was for people to vent their anger at something. If you can get rid of what you're feeling in one line of text, you're not that angry and you're not ranting. I would like to see more proper rants in here. Long, rambling, stream-of-consciousness ranting about minor problems that drive you absolutly mad. Come on people! Rant!

:zorro:

Ok, I'll continue my rant about the subway.....

This happened about a week ago. I was getting off the subway at the same busy station I described before. First thing that happened to me was when I was going up the stairs, minding my own business and going at the same slow pace as everyone else, when this woman comes tearing down the stairs and bumps into me, nearly knocking me off my feet on this steep staircase. She didn't even turn her head to make an apology, in fact she took no notice of me at all apart from considering me as an obstacle in her path. The train was still at the platform, thus she was runing for it, but the bit people don't seem to realise is that the drivers stick their head out of the window and take a good look at the stairs to see if there are people coming down. If there are, they wait for them. She had every chance of getting on that train, but instead she had to be a rude, inconsiderate *badgeress*.

The next thing that happened was when I was going up the next flight of stairs to get outside. Those stairs are a lot less crowded, but I can hear that there's someone walking behind me and I see out of the corner of my eye that it's a guy. I get to the top step and hesitate for a second as I try to decide which way to go, when I feel my *albartroth* getting pinched :wide-eyed: I turn around to give this cheeky *fruitcage*-er an earful, and the guy has ducked behind me and sauntered off into the crowds. I had been in a bad mood before I got off the subway, now I was standing there shocked, confused and absolutely livid. :ranting2:

My Rant: Tom Clancy: The hunt for Red october. You do not have to impress us by bringing in a 15 more random pointless acronyms per page. You ruin the plot by forcing the reader to bloody memorize wtf CINCLANT/ELCOM/SOPMONKEYWTFPANCAKES means then you spout it every ten lines with another bloody acronym bolted on, I mean, If you removed all the bloody pointless technology waffle it would be about 40-50 odd pages long. And another thing: If you think of a new phrase to use, Don't use it 100 times for only one chapter :angry: Spread it out for fruitcages sake!

I gotta agree with Jebus- the sheer volume of strange acronyms in military thrillers is mind boggling- I'm constantly referring to the glossary at the back to find out what they mean, thus interrupting my reading flow an ruining the book :(

Thing is, THFRO doesn't have a Glossary ICRT, So It mentions the meaning once and keeps going on about it.

*The hunt for red october

**I can refer to

***Pointless Acronyms put there to illustrate point

Archived