My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

crandall im sure you know what definition of a republic she wants seeing as neither the french model or latter american model existed at any time BC then its a tad obvious that she does not want an extra large political break down of either thus she would probably require you to simply say a nation without a monarchy controled by one group of people who represent the population at large and in romes case this would be the democratically elected senate (HA! corruption has existed forever in the democratic system forever take that those who say me ruling the world is a bad thing at least i dont think im corruptable....)

of course you could be much worse off you could be me doing my final year of physics with a teacher who leaves you to guess at major parts of the test because he compleatly forgot to teach them to us or gave us a big book of notes and neglected to give us a page reference

Owned, she wanted us to right about The Republic, some book written by some philospeher in Ancient Greece :P

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well here is my list of todays greivances

today i was doing parties at work i endded up having a *beep* day because they first party i did turned up 10 minutes late and the mother treated us as indentured servant and then when we finished on time she had a coronary becasue she had missed 10 of the party because she turned up late and thus she went and moaned at the manager and i lost my break to give her brats another 10 minutes!

next rant some little *beep* slashed our pool inflatable so we had to take the kids for double the time in the wave pool we usually do and they decided to jump all over me

last rant from the last party, the mother was a councilwoman and thus was ###### off that we didnt have ennough little life jackets for the 12 kids (we have a shortage) so she went and whined at the manager and i may end up losing my job because the council owns the centre... oh joy!

I understood at first, yes, that I may not actually need to buy new gear or guns, but I still wanted to. So they 'let' me do so.

Now I earn enough to actually afford it. I should be spending all my bloody hard earned cash on other people though, and 'sensible' things.

Ya know, like a car that will pretty much keep me in debt for the forseeable (sp?) future with fuel, maintenance, road tax, insurance etc.

Or I should buy lots of expensive Christmas presents for people just because I can, nevermind if they "need" them or desire them.

No Darren, that will not be enough. Next I want you to help with the mortgage. Granted, I have let you live here for the whole of your life before now, but it will help you to economise and sort your money.

I'm tempted to just quit my jobs (yes, plural) as at this rate it will end up with me having less money than when I don't have a job.

Are you sure you want that Darren? Yes Mother, that is why I'm buying it.

Yes, I know I can live without it, but I've been after this book/film/pocket sized nuclear device for a while now.

Why don't you go for driving lessons like I've been ordering you to do for the last year or so? Then you can buy a car and go where you like.

I can pretty much drive Dad, and I can walk most places I need to go as I'm not a lazy fat b*****d. And you know full well I can't afford a car.

Also, I happen to be just as stubborn as my father when I'm told to do something. If either of us are virtually ordered to do something, it's almost painful to go along with it. So how does telling me to do something I don't need or want to do right now for an entire year help?

I'm bored now, I'll moan more later.

Chavs having a dig at me for what i wear, now that really *fruitcage*s me off badly, when im in southend i usually hang around with all the goths in a place called the under ground (its an abandoned underground car park) yet there are some chavs down there but we all get on fine with them, no problem there, its just where i live they are sterio typical sods. :angry:

My rant:

Sorting out my PDA, and all of a sudden i get some n00b on msn asking me questions about PDA's ... and when i told him that it costs £500 (as my PDA's got its phone built in), he starts going on about how PDA's with phones built in are ######, as far as im aware there pretty powerful, .. and to me a very useful tool in my college studys (i download work to it).

My rant for today:

I hate all those movies they make about the the high school sports team in some small town, that's down on it's luck. But then the saviour comes! The burnt out coach who turns his act around and teaches a high school team of loosers and misfits what it is like to use teamwork, friendship, and respect. How many of these movies do they have to make?

I think someone already has ranted about this, but still...

My rant for today:

I hate all those movies they make about the the high school sports team in some small town, that's down on it's luck. But then the saviour comes! The burnt out coach who turns his act around and teaches a high school team of loosers and misfits what it is like to use teamwork, friendship, and respect. How many of these movies do they have to make?

I think someone already has ranted about this, but still...

Extend that to films about American high school in general, and you'll be set. I don't care about the lives of unrealistically good looking people who in a real school would be the "popular"/"cool" kids by virtue of being good looking and thin but in the film pretend to be angsty and unloved. Big news: no-one outside America cares about your schooling system, and I doubt many people inside it care enough to watch the same movie 500 times either (10 Things I Hate About You must DIE!!!).

Just re-reading the star Wars novel Heir ToThe Empire, and Luke has just been captured along with Mara Jade and R2D2. His face has been disguised by brushing it with leaves from a plant that cause an allergic reaction, but considering that they are looking for Luke Skywalker and they have his description, how the hell can they fail to ID him? He's wearing the usual black robes, he's got an artificial hand! Who else is he likely to be? All they need to do is run a basic check on the droid to know it's R2! Bloody Imperials, they couldn't find they're bum with both hands.

The way the courts 'work'. They suck big time. My colleague and I got threatened and challenged to a fight by this muppet one night many months ago, which resulted in him getting a nights' free B & B courtesy of Her Majesty. I've been to court three fragging times for it now, on two occassions we should have been notified by the PF that the case had been postponed but oh no, we had to drag our sorry asses down there to be told they'd screwed up. Third time round we wait in court all day until we're told there won't be enough time to have the case heard at half past three! There are only three people to give evidence, the aforementioned muppet had two defence witnesses who can't show up because they're in intensive care after skipping out on a debt to their drug dealer! How long does it frigging take!? And to cap it all off every time I've been cited I've been on a late shift the night before!

And another thing - bar staff who don't know how to pour a pint of Guinness. Now I'm not asking for a fancy shamrock on the top or anything like that. But it's Guinness, there's procedure to follow fer Gawds sake! And it's mostly bar staff at 'trendy' pubs that are guilty of this, damn them!

And while we're at it, whats the deal with sprouts? They're totally pointless, with the possible exception of Barry the time-travelling sprout who, to be fair, is no longer a sprout and now resides in the head of Elvis Presley. But your average run-of-the-mill sprout is an affront against the culinary world.

Sledge  Posted Today, 01:26 AM

Ah, but as A New Hope established, those storm trooper helmets are very difficult to see out of. Which would explain them getting their arses handed to them by the Ewoks.

Ewoks! <Fruitcaging> ewoks! Every time I watch Return of the Jedi I have to go this website:

Ewok Holocaust

It carries a detailed analysis on how the Ewoks would have all died when the wreckage of the Death Star fell on their world and plunged it into nuclear winter..... not singing now are you you little fruitcagers, muhahahaha!

Chavs having a dig at me for what i wear, now that really *fruitcage*s me off badly

You want to wear the gear, you have to take what's coming to you. I know that when I'm wearing my goth gear, I look unusual and chavs are going to have a very verbal problem with it. However, since I chose to wear the outfit, I know and accept that it's going to happen and I can't complain. There's no point in acting ###### off about it, just laugh at their narrow-minded attitude and giggle at their sportswear.

*fruitcage*tards who go 'lol nazi' when i am clearly wearing a belgian parka.

Even if it was german, i still woulden't be a nazi, damn asswipes.

Same with the Iron Cross. It is a symbol of military bravery that was awarded in the Prussian army; Prussia predates the state of Germany, never mind the Nazi regime. But for some reason *fruitcage* idiots seem to believe because it's German then it must be a Nazi symbol, and anyone who wears the symbol is automatically a fascist. :angry:

(If you didn't know, the state of Prussia was one of the largest Germanic states that became the state of Germany in the 19th century ;) )

Archived