My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Can I have an anti-rant, cheers?

Thank you.

I LOVE seeing people get their accounts suspended for bickering like idiots. It really is [camp]FABULOUS[/camp]. Lol, internets. Most entertainment for ages, that was.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massachusetts! Why is this state so messed up?!?! 'They' want to raise the driving age to frikken 17 & 1/2! The local government is like an excessively paranoid over protective grandmother! You can't keep all of the people alive all of the time, so don't ruin everyone's otherwise peachy day with stupid laws!

Rant over. It's great to have somewhere like this to complain!

Driving age in the UK is 17. Get over it.

Frankly, I can't see most 16 year olds having the maturity to drive a car safely.

I agree, all the people i know who have passed have crashed at least twice in the first 6 months of having a licence!

:o

Personally i think it should be higher than 17....

Now here's the thing.

If I was homeless, would I live in a cardboard box - perhaps in a city?

No.

I'd move out into the countryside and earn a living polishing spoons and making clothes pegs out of discarded England flags (the ones that attach to car windows - I'd collect them from the hardshoulders of motorways). Being homeless in a city just seems like self abuse - you're homeless in a place where thousands of people have got homes. You're not doing yourself any favours psychologically there are you? Go and live in a wood somewhere, eating berries and squirrels. Build a home out of mud and grass. Or in a tree! Perhaps in a riverbank. Wear a hat made of straw. So much more fun than selling magazines to people on their way to meet their friends for a Starbucks.

It's all about attitude.

I'm not taking the ###### out of the homeless by the way, I'm just saying that given the choice I'd become a tramp rather than a "homeless person".

I think you'd probably say "Hobo" instead of tramp, but there you are. I'd make the world my home, though there'd probably be a few rooms I didn't get to check out very often, like the Bahamas.

If only more homeless people were like that...

Unfortunately they almost always seem to be lazy self centred people who view that as being too much effort. These people are homeless because of their own decisions to not try rather than of circumstance.

There was some show on TV, can't remember what it was called, something about the relationships between parents and a child and how troublesome they were etc.

One episode followed the family of this 20 something guy who left home because he didn't want to get a job to live on a canal boat. During the episode the programme worked to bring the parents and their child closer together. The long and short of it was this guy fancied the idea of living off the land and fending for himself, but couldn't be bothered with the effort of it. Instead he then decided to ask his dad to buy him a horse box to live out of which was followed with questions of "how are you going to survive?"

His parents offered him a job at the family business, he told them to *fruitcage* off and he drove off in his coloured pink with housepaint Volvo 340 with the peace symbol on his bonnet :rolleyes:

What a lazy motherfruitcager.

Archived