My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Did you get them from the same retailer?

I hate when they don't have the courtesy to tell you that the two products you ordered won't actually work together.

Ben.

Yes, Redwolf in HK. Apparently, the 552 shown in the EOLAD images is the G&P version that I have sat in front of me, which is about 5mm too high for the EOLAD to fit. <_<

I'm confused.... :huh:

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the chief observations I've made so far over the course of my 22 year life is this; Nice guys do finish last... If you pardon the double entendre.

As you grow older you'll realise there's even more to it than that.

I find that there's basically two kinds of people. Whiners and non-whiners.

Whiners moan about everything.

The moan when they get an aisle seat on a plane. They moan when they get a window seat and boy do they moan when they get a middle seat. Where the f**k do they want to sit? On the roof?

They moan when they get ham sandwiches, moan when they get cheese sandwiches and moan when they get told they can make their own sandwiches and put whatever they like on them.

They moan when they're given new safety gear and moan when they don't.

They moan when they are asked to work an extra half hour to get something finished and they moan when they're sat around (on full pay) for a week with nothing to do except play xbox games.

They moan when you give them an operations manual to read and they moan when you don't tell them what's going on.

They moan when they don't have a vehicle and they moan when you expect them to drive themselves somewhere.

They moan when they're forced to sit down and they moan when they're forced to stand up.

They moan when they have to attend training courses and they moan when they're given no training.

They moan when... oh, you get the idea.

Then you get the non-moaners.

They will work 36 hour shifts if they have to.

They'll lug heavy items around by hand.

They'll build the pyramids using a multitool cos somebody forgot to bring a toolbox.

And, you know what?

When, eventually, something happens which is so monumentally ridiculous that a non-moaners says "Hang on, I'm not doing this!" everybody will look at you like you've got two heads and think "What's wrong with that stroppy c**t?"

In other news, I found out something a bit off today.

A while back I entered a pub-quiz thing which included a bunch of questions that weren't possible to answer.

For example, one of the questions was "Who made their acting debut in 'The Egg and I'?"

Now, it's an urban myth that Marilyn Monroe made her debut in that movie but it aint true.

I pointed that stuff out to the organiser and was told that it didn't matter cos the winner had won by a clear 4 points.

Well, as these things work out, I happened to get hold of all the results sheets from that quiz today and it turns out that the winner (who's now £5,000 richer than me) actually only won cos they'd put down the "correct" answers for a bunch of the questions that weren't answerable.

If you cancel out the dodgy questions I would have won by 3 points.

Course, cos I'm a non-moaner I'm not gonna pursue it. :(

Someone may have made their acting debut in that film - find out who and challenge the pub on it. Also the real correct answers to the other questions. If you don't want the five grand, give it to me. I have to buy car insurance, amongst other things.... <_<

Someone may have made their acting debut in that film - find out who and challenge the pub on it. Also the real correct answers to the other questions. If you don't want the five grand, give it to me. I have to buy car insurance, amongst other things.... <_<

Well, TBH, I did a bit of googling and found a few websites that provide pub-quiz questions and this one came up a few times.

Another one that I remember was something like "What Oscar-winning 1950s movie featured an item that shouldn't have been there?"

I mean, FFS, how many "right" answers to that can there be?

How many times have you watched a cowboy movie and seen leccy pylons in the background or con-trails from jets?

I googled that exact question and several pub-quiz websites refer to Charlton Heston wearing a watch in Ben Hur (something which Heston refutes, saying it was a studded leather wrist strap he was wearing and IMDB has it in their "wrongly assumed to be goofs" section) but the guy who won put it as an answer. :(

As you grow older you'll realise there's even more to it than that.

I find that there's basically two kinds of people. Whiners and non-whiners.

Whiners moan about everything.

The moan when they get an aisle seat on a plane. They moan when they get a window seat and boy do they moan when they get a middle seat. Where the f**k do they want to sit? On the roof?

http://xkcd.com/726/

I'd like to add to the whiners/non-whiners posts. There are two types to this, one is a moan, which is just mouthing off and having no intention of correcting (If anything) a mistake. Then there are the people who complain, they know/think something is wrong and have an idea of how to fix it. Of course, just because its a complaint, doesn't make it right. I think arnies has truned me into a ploitician, with regards to what I put, in to a reply.

I'd like to add to the whiners/non-whiners posts. There are two types to this, one is a moan, which is just mouthing off and having no intention of correcting (If anything) a mistake. Then there are the people who complain, they know/think something is wrong and have an idea of how to fix it. Of course, just because its a complaint, doesn't make it right. I think arnies has truned me into a ploitician, with regards to what I put, in to a reply.

Constructive criticism. :)

Although a good old moan can be cathartic.

My soldering iron broke, thats the 2nd one of that brand/ model ( Maplin 50watt own-branded thing ) now, so going with a similar but different version from Silverline for £20. Funny thing is the model that broke is £30 on Maplin; its ~£10 on ebay- pays to shop around....

Re: spelling & teachers, reminds me of that American incident/ viral with the pupil & teacher arguing about 1 mile = 1.6 kilometers ( teacher got it wrong ), and also the American President who corrected the pupil on the spelling of 'Potato' ( Potatoe is incorrect, 'es' is only added for the plural ).

Re: spelling & teachers, reminds me of that American incident/ viral with the pupil & teacher arguing about 1 mile = 1.6 kilometers ( teacher got it wrong ), and also the American President who corrected the pupil on the spelling of 'Potato' ( Potatoe is incorrect, 'es' is only added for the plural ).

I think that was Senator Ducakis (I'm sure out Americans friends will confirm). However, here's the thing; A few years after this incident, I was making up some instant mash. There, on the back of the packet, on the list of ingredients was "Potatoe"!

I think that was Senator Ducakis (I'm sure out Americans friends will confirm). However, here's the thing; A few years after this incident, I was making up some instant mash. There, on the back of the packet, on the list of ingredients was "Potatoe"!

It was Dan Quayle. The second lowest IQ pres/vice-pres in history.

---

Rant:

I am trying to lose weight and get fit. I've had steady 1hr sessions on my rower all this week except for 1 day. Now my knee hurts. And it is not bloody fair.

Actually I do believe both of them had the same incident......

You sure?

I recall watching the footage of Dan Quayle watching a kid write "Potato" on a blackboard and then stepping in to "correct" him by adding the "e" on the end.

Don't recall hearing of anybody else doing the same thing.

Can't find a link to anything on google either.

3 rants,

First episode of Lost is on, missed the first half hour when when the plane is on the beach and the engines are still spooling.

Intake valves are on the carb side.

Always getting the gears about the puppy on the furniture, then one night last week finding my side of the bed full of sand and grass. I'm a pretty dirty guy so I shrugged it off and carried on. Then yesterday for a school holiday the wife got to sleep in, I went upstairs and lo and behold the puppy is in bed sleeping on my pillow. Mystery solved but a bit of a double standard!

Always getting the gears about the puppy on the furniture, then one night last week finding my side of the bed full of sand and grass. I'm a pretty dirty guy so I shrugged it off and carried on. Then yesterday for a school holiday the wife got to sleep in, I went upstairs and lo and behold the puppy is in bed sleeping on my pillow. Mystery solved but a bit of a double standard!

We have a spaniel who waits until we're asleep and then sticks her nose under the bottom of the duvet and then sneaks up onto the bed under the duvet.

It's actually kinda nice, in winter at least, cos she acts like a hot water bottle.

Only problem is, if we go away anywhere it can be a bit of a shock for whoever's looking after the dogs when they go to bed and then get woken up by a spaniel trying to get into bed with them! :D

The labrador isn't so bad. As long as she has a couch to sleep on she's fine.

Gratuitous dog pictures:-

P1010010.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

The ex-girlfriend-before-last had a golden lab named Andrex (Andy for short) which she used to love encouraging to climb about on the bed to wake me up on my all-too-rare days off from work. He must have weighed 40kg (Given that I only weigh 75kg, that's quite a lot of dog).

I do miss him, sometimes.

Oh the ironing... I usually buzz about at silly speeds, and the one time I'm riding really carefully with a pillion on...I go and follow a van through a GATSO at 37 in a 30. I was watching him and not the speed signs...my fault entirely.

I now resolve to ride like a dong all the time to prevent repeat occurrences!

Oh the ironing... I usually buzz about at silly speeds, and the one time I'm riding really carefully with a pillion on...I go and follow a van through a GATSO at 37 in a 30. I was watching him and not the speed signs...my fault entirely.

I now resolve to ride like a dong all the time to prevent repeat occurrences!

Well, take consolation that Karma will usually sort this kind of thing out in the end.

I once got done for doing 64mph in a 60 zone.

Ironically, the cameras didn't trigger until you pass them at 69mph but another car was overtaking me at the time and he triggered the camera but didn't get done cos my car was obscuring his number plate in the 2nd picture.

The cops used the stripes on the road to figure out that I was speeding as well and nicked me for it.

A few months later I was working nights and was asked to stop by the office after my shift.

I rolled up at about 6:30am, everybody started to arrive at 8:30am but my boss didn't show up.

At about 9:30am the phone rang, somebody else answered it, chatted and then put the phone down.

At 10:30am I asked somebody where my boss was and the reply was "Oh, he phoned in sick a while ago. Didn't anybody tell you?"

At 10:32am I was heading down the motorway slip-road at about 11k RPM in 2nd gear with the front wheel about 4" off the ground. I was probably doing about 120mph by the time I got onto the motorway and then I saw the flash in my mirrors.

Fortunately the road was pretty busy and they apparently didn't get good pictures of me cos I never heard anything about it.

Gotta love Karma.

Well, I think I mentioned that I approached a man-in-a-van camera a few months back at 110 and got away with it... ;)

Ironically, if I'd been riding as I normally do, I'd have blatted the van miles back and seen the camera. Cos I was bimbling bored, I hadnt noticed the 30 sign.

Meh! :P

my niggle with with the nhs today, rather specifically my GP. I had an appointment with him to discuss some stuff, he asked me a bunch of questions, I answered, he later said "I think you've come here for 2 reasons, 1) Because you are scared that this might be indicative of some underlying problem, or 2), that you've come here for a miracle cure. I told him it was neither, just I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do. He then told me to go get a leaflet from upstairs. Really helpful advice there...

Tru dat yo.

I think I have before related my meeting with a GP over a long-standing knee problem. He touched my knee and asked me to straighten it...then bend it. It clicked, so he said damaged cartlidge and left it at that...

The knee healed itself after a while. Almost everyone I spoke to said their knees click. Its because of air in porous bone, the doctor obviously forgot that my mother had both knees replaced so I know a tiny bit about these things...

Archived