My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting sent the wrong type of serpa with two days to go till Catterick. Not much of a bloody package deal if they charge me ten pounds more for buying both the molle plate and holster together than I would pay if I bought either item seperately. Now not sure they're gonna sort it out in time for the weekend.

Why would the interview for a job in Birmingham be held in Manchester???

Big company that operates using small satelite businesses and has its head office in Manchester?

But lets face it, not exactly worlds apart, more a 2hr30mins drive up the M6. Not like one job i looked at that was basically drive around Scotland and teach people Office 2007 (so Glasgow and Edinburgh). The interview was at head office in London, as was the company car they would provide. <_<

Anyway time for my short rant: Tesco Insurance.

I decide that instead of paying £842 for my insurance that i will go with Direct Line and get it for £540. I phone up Tesco, get a nice person on the other line that cancels my insurance and sends out my No Claims Bonus information. Said info gets here and not only does it say 1yr when i have 2yrs but it also doesn't have my policy number on it where it should be. Lets hope the people at Direct Line will read the note i have put in and notice that the reason why they have 2 sheets of paper is one for each year of no claims from the 2 companies i have been with.

'FireKnife'

Paypal.

I issue a payment in the wrong currency (sent £ to Uncompany who accept $ only).

Email Unco and ask them to reject the payment rather than accept it.

Unco reject the payment, which I see on my paypal account straight away.

Pay in correct currency.

Happy.

WRONG.

Paypal have still debited the £ value from my bank account as well as debiting the $ amount equivilant taking me overdrawn. Paypal will now take 5 days to process the rejection, and even then, will not return the funds to the source account! The refund credits my paypal account and takes a further 5 working days to manually transfer back to my bank. For a payment that was rejected and should never have been debited in the first place.

Cluster of t***s.

Wow, is there anyone in the history of the planet that Paypal haven't *fruitcage*ed off?

With me they let someone open a dispute and everytime i open the 'resolution' page it went to 404 Not Found.

Well done Paypal.

'FireKnife'

Paypal *Snip*

Had a similar thing last year with Airsoft Buddy, who happily answered questions on my order and let me send the money, before telling me they were out of stock on everything, and issuing it as a refund.

I was worried, but luckily the refund only took about a day, and I'd paid on a different card to the one linked to my Paypal account, so it went straight back onto the card.

Ben.

Paypal.

I issue a payment in the wrong currency (sent £ to Uncompany who accept $ only).

Email Unco and ask them to reject the payment rather than accept it.

Unco reject the payment, which I see on my paypal account straight away.

Pay in correct currency.

Happy.

WRONG.

Paypal have still debited the £ value from my bank account as well as debiting the $ amount equivilant taking me overdrawn. Paypal will now take 5 days to process the rejection, and even then, will not return the funds to the source account! The refund credits my paypal account and takes a further 5 working days to manually transfer back to my bank. For a payment that was rejected and should never have been debited in the first place.

Cluster of t***s.

Why didn't the second payment take the PayPal account balance from the refunded payment, rather than debiting your bank account again?

It takes 5 days for paypal to process a rejection. Ie, they debit my bank immediately, the receiver rejects, they then take 5 days to return the money to my paypal balance.

Its a huge interest swindle. They hold the funds for however many days to earn interest from it.

And even when the rejection is finally processed it will only go as far as my paypal balance. I then have to manually request a transfer back to my bank account. All the while, i'm overdrawn.

Hmmm....

Interestingly, if you pay by Credit Card, any refund is automatically credited directly back to the card.

Even if the card account has been closed. <_<

Had to phone the card company and request a cheque. Wasn't impressed.

Why not just wait for the money to hit your PP balance before paying again, if your bank account didn't have the funds?

I foolishly assumed they wouldn't debit my account until the payment was actually accepted by the receipiant (which Unco had to do, it doesn't automatically credit them just because I sent it). Having the payment rejected I believed would reverse the initial instruction and no money would be debited. But paypal disagree.

It takes 5 days for paypal to process a rejection. Ie, they debit my bank immediately, the receiver rejects, they then take 5 days to return the money to my paypal balance.

This bit doesn't make sense to me. I have had a rejection from a company via them and it happened within 24hrs due to lack of stock. I also used a debit account.

Then again that was the only time they got it right.

'FireKnife'

Wonky electric bills.

Had one through last month, noticed it was an estimated reading and thought best go and check as I've not had time to give them a reading for about 6 months.

There's £200 between what they say I've used and what the meter says I've used (ie I've used £200 of electricity in 6 months that I've not been billed for).

That's a hell of a lot of juice!

About 50KWh extra a month.

Phoned them about it, they've asked me to monitor the meter reading at the same time each day for a week to see what's going on.

Few days in and we're using about 12KWh a day (8am-midnight, we're on E7), then suddenly it jumped one day to 27KWh before going back to 12.

So I've done it for about a month, and every 4-6 days (it's not a set period) it jumps over 10KWh extra, some of the days we weren't home much at all.

I've excluded the washing machine, dishwasher, heated drying rail. Our heating is gas, as is our oven/hob.

It's the equivalent of running 6-7 100W light bulbs from 8 til midnight, the night mode doesn't jump.

So I've got to call them up again and tell them of my findings.

Either the digital meter is wonky or someone's breaking in and running an arc welder from my mains.

We've got an energy monitor thingy, and our house seems to absorb about 600w doing absolutely nothing. Literally, me and my dad have been round turning absolutely everything off, even the immersion heater for the shower, still got 600w going somewhere...

We've got an energy monitor thingy, and our house seems to absorb about 600w doing absolutely nothing. Literally, me and my dad have been round turning absolutely everything off, even the immersion heater for the shower, still got 600w going somewhere...

that just what they are sending to your property each day, once its sent down the cable they dont take it back again and charge you nothing if nothing is turned on,

i would imagine that if you left the house alone for a month they would give a basic charge on the 600w usage per day/week

although i may be wrong :P

Skynews and their half arsed reporting style. I was watching the coverage of the Japan earthquake and they couldn't get the plate's direction of movement right. It just makes me wonder what else they've got wrong

Have they ever got a news story right?

Have they ever got a news story right?

Your talking about a news broadcaster that thought Switzerland was East of Germany and that any incident that happens in Scotland, England or Wales is in the UK, probably as they are not sure where the three countries are in relation to the shape of the UK.

At least the Aussies have it right:

'FireKnife'

Anything that happens in England, Scotland or Wales *IS* in the UK...

Yes but we know that, Sky News puts UK as they don't want to take the time to actually work out if the place they are reporting on is one of the four countries that make up the UK. They have little time it seems with getting natural disasters wrong.

'FireKnife'

Archived