My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

New rant: having to miss the Saturday morning of morning after 7 because for some strange reason work don't like you going away on holiday for two weeks then coming back for 4 days before you leave again for the weekend.

I'M MISSING OUT ON VITAL TIME THAT COULD BE USED TO SHOOT MODERATORS!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Setting off two Enola Gaye MK5s at MA 6.5 to blow up my fellow moderators in the 'forum wars' game -

First one died.

Second one I through out of a window at the moderator team. It hit a branch, got caught in the tree, exploded and then I got shot to *suitcase*. :|

I have an excellent idea:

MORNING AFTER LOANS. :D

My rates are very reasonable...;)

Seriously gutted if you can't come but I understand. As a teacher I can hardly say education doesn't take priority. Even if you are placing it above my events....

He gave me permission to ban people that don't attend, just fyi.

Second one I through out of a window at the moderator team. It hit a branch, got caught in the tree, exploded and then I got shot to *suitcase*. :|

B)

I just got back from Egypt.

Lovely place, locals were friendly. Hotel was at 30% capacity and was one of the busiest, all the others in the area were at no more than 15%.

The house reef was some of the least damaged coral I have seen (not just for a hotel reef) and had a vast array of life.

Went out on a couple of boat trips, had a great time, room was excellent, hardly any children there, food was brilliant.

But this is a rant thread isn't it.

I lost my wedding ring.

I had it in the strap of my watch but my watch came undone.

I was at my maximum rated depth so all I could to is take compass bearings on two coral formations and finish the dive.

I gave the bearings to my mate who is a deep diver and he carried out a rescue mission.

Discovered my watch in the sand at 36 meters but couldn't find my wedding ring.

If you are ever in the red sea and dive on the reef at Abu Sail why not find the "mushroom" take a bearing of 315° and swim about 20m from the base of the formation, dig about in the sand and if you find a tungsten ring, let me know.

That seriously sucks!

When I was in Sharm doing my AOW one of the guys I was buddied with was an old boy, little bit stuck up, but he lost his wedding ring somewhere on the reef, it slipped off his finger.

I was gutted for him, it was only in a few metres of water while we were doing a swimming safety stop back to the boat so we had a good look but there was no chance :(

Useless HR woman...

Why, on the 24th of May did I send you an email with my vaccination record, then speak on the phone the day after to tell you about the email being there, only to receive an email on the 31st of May *ASKING* me to send my vaccination record?

:headbutt:

WHY????

Thanks to this kind of stupidity, I am still here in the UK, and therefore won't be deployed until the end of June at the earliest, which means I won't be home for Xmas. <_<

Thanks *SO* much. *badgeress*. <_<

WHY????

Because you expected someone to do the job for which they are paid. :P

In the UK you must have worked it out that you need to give them at least 2-3 weeks extra on when something will be done.

'FireKnife'

Two to three weeks? That'd be lovely...

I applied for this job in AUGUST.

I passed the interview in OCTOBER.

I was called in APRIL and told that I could deploy "as soon as possible."

It's now JUNE and I'm still here.

I've been emailing the useless cow for SIX MONTHS and *TUESDAY* was the first email I'd got back in that time, which showed NO evidence of her having read ANY of the emails I'd sent to her. Or even remembering that I'd finally managed to get hold of her on the phone the previous Wednesday. To say nothing of the fact that she was supposed to call me back on Friday but never did... <_<

eBay UK... <_<

Every new rule is aimed at penalising sellers - the people who are paying the fees. And enforced by illiterate robots...

Currently they have enacted a new rule saying that sellers aren't allowed to list identical items. There is no explanation for why this should be. Judging by the way they are enforcing this rule, the definition of "identical" is having the same title.

I am selling several surplus dress uniform jackets. There are two types, Officer ones and NCO ones. They are all slightly different sizes. The title bar is not large enough to contain the full sizes, so they're in the descriptions. eBay keeps closing down listings because they are "duplicates". I try to explain to their so-called "customer service" team that the listings are NOT identical because the items are different sizes and this is clearly described in the listing. But I might as well talk to the walls...

:headbutt:

I think that this may be due to the rumours i heard that eBay keeps having expansion issues, meaning they can only hold so many listing per country at any one time.

However the best way around this would be to register as a seller and then put the items up en masse in a Buy it Now auction which allows you to set multiple items up in the same section. Either that or change the titles so that they are no duplicating but still have the information present in them that you require.

'FireKnife'

You're wrong, mate. The *BEST* way would be for the incompetent morons working for eBay UK to learn to read and not close my listings when they NOT duplicates.

That would be the best thing.

From your situation and without them changing how they view your sales (unlikely) it is the best option.

'FireKnife'

Big Kahuna burger from my local pub.

Chicken breast, lightly grilled pineapple ring, tons of BBQ sauce.

Lush.

I think I know what I'm gonna have for dinner for the next couple of days.

Archived