My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I was going to reply to this about something, but then go distracted by vomiting repeatedly over some of the descriptions of biological munitions being masqueraded as 'cuisine'.

Oh yeah, cars.

Whats so wrong with a porsche? just 'cause someone's got more money and different taste in car's than you doesnt make them an immediate cock.

Personally, while they're not my cup of tea (personally i think they look far too similar) i appreciate the engineering heritage in them and the fact that if they weren't any good, they wouldn't still be around.

Also seriously, for a slightly modernised VW Type 1 (beetle, for the pleb's ;) ) they don't half go! A work colleague of mine has a 1967 VW splitscreen camper van with porsche brakes and something silly like a 2300cc engine in the back. its stupidly fast. let alone fast for a 50 year old vehicle. let alone for a vehicle thats bigger than the average 7 seater these days.

and requires no coolant.

and runs on carbs.

Anyway. yes. angry thread. grrr.

Um, the wife's wee little ford KA sounds like the exhaust is blowing. which is a ######. but i'll fix that at the weekend hopefully.a

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, i think that while we take the mick out of America, it isn't as though Scotland isn't far behind. When you buy a burger up here it has a hollow filled with cheese and is then batter in a huge flour bun, you don't go hungry up here :P

Also the pies, both big and small, feature some stuff i wouldn't feed to a cat, and i hate cats ;)

'FireKnife'

Gah, all this food talk wants me to go eat.

Sister's graduation went about as miserable as I thought it would be Saturday. The folks all being emotional and whatnot yesterday about losing their daughter to another family eventually (it was the first meeting of her boyfriend's folks). The drive to and forth from the arena (yeah, I got to sit up in the very top of the nosebleed sections of an indoor arena, yay....), coupled with the 2 &1/2 hour ceremony and then who knows how long dinner ended up being nearly 10 hours of sitting and doing nothing with my back at painful angles all day.

Now I'm suppose to be studying for my one final for an intro archaeology class, but it's a freaking essay, you don't do much but write an outline for it.

To top it all off, it's allergy season, and no matter how much I get drugged up, the allergies still get to me in some way, whether it be the constant sniffling/sneezing fits or occasional watering/sandgritty feeling of the eyes. Whenever I'm off the allegra, all hell breaks lose.

Did I forget to mention the local race track that has started up its seasonal "lets wake up everyone" marathons? I keep hoping the airforce accidentally drops a carpet bomb load on it, when no one is there of course.

Whats so wrong with a porsche? just 'cause someone's got more money and different taste in car's than you doesnt make them an immediate cock.

it's just a stereotypical association that will probably never die. just like BMWs and audis are driven by dickheads and MX5s (most roadsters in fact) are driven by hairdressers etc.

Nearly got took off my bike by a cock in an Audi today who thought overtaking on a corner, on a country road was a legit idea.

I was already doing 60, any extra speed was not needed. He got to his destination the same time as me anyway, so he effectively put my life at risk for zero gain.

Audi drivers are cocks is one stereotype that has a good basis in fact. ;)

You should have kicked his mirror off when

You pulled up next to him, seen that done before...

As for Porsches, I wasn't knocking them generally, I agree they are great cars. I even priced up older 911's a while ago.

But a *fruitcage* yellow one? I just screams 'I'm a nob with a huge inferiority complex'. To me anyway.

It's amazing how they see "small-ish bike with L plate" and throw their weight around on the road, but suddenly they desperately have something to find in the glovebox with the doors locked when they stop and have a 6'2" angry guy in an armoured jacket with carbon fibre plated fists knocks on their car window.

Still can't beat the guy in the US that had a car getting up his backside, swerving to get round him and generally causing an issue, even nearly striking another car so when it pulled up behind him at the lights he calmly got out of his car and put two shots into the other guys windscreen, missing him. From then on the bloke drove properly. :P

However i just wait til i have a bloke getting up my backside on a country road, i stretch out, drp down to 40 and laugh as he stupidly tries to overtake on a series of blind bends and summits. :D

'FireKnife'

Gripe of the day: lunch is so "fruitcage" expensive.

On site shop: Burger, can of coke and chips all of £3.50 :P

Plus you do live in London, the biggest rip off city in the UK with Edinburgh being a close second. ;)

'FireKnife'

You are NEVER TOO FAT to skirmish**, as evident at some sites I have frequented.

**New definition of skirmish: hang around at the back, using a M14 derivative or a springer with a 10x scope and then constantly cursing other players for not taking their "hits" as you can clearly see them in the scope but they are at least 250-300 feet away. All the while getting very red in the face from the huffing and puffing required to get from a prone to crouch to stand position.

Bladerunner: you forgot about also hanging around in the safezone telling newbies how your rifle can blow the left nut off a bluebottle at 2000 yards and how you were in the SAS but had to leave for being too "leet" for them

Anyways today's moan is people around here bitching about the weather, we've had light drizzle not a bloody monsoon. How's about you go and tell the residents of Tewksbury how you got all wet went you were able to walk out of your front door and see how long it is before you get a slap

Actually, my household's income is dependent on good weather at this time of year, so I'll keep complaining about it if it's all the same to you. ;)

EDIT: Just seen a map on the news showing flood warning areas overlaid with areas with current hosepipe bans, and they overlap. What the hell is going on with that?

Then you are one of the few people with a legitimate reason to moan, I mean those who were simply inconvenienced by having to put a coat on before going to work or the shops

As for how an area can have both a hosepipe ban and flood alerts here goes. For the past several years water levels in reserviors and below ground have been falling and even though it may seam we've had a lot of rain it's nowhere near enough to get said water levels up to acceptable levels. Also we have had the wrong type of rain (I know it sounds like *badger*s but bear with me). As all the rain came at once it simply flowed off the land into the rivers and streams before it had a chance to soak into the ground. This was made worse by the relatively dry weather we have previously making the ground dry and hard so water has had even less chance of getting into the ground

Indeed. For some bizzare reason we don't have the infrastructure in place in place to keep reservoirs topped up with rain water. Rain is considered waste and it is just allowed to run away as our reservoir system is based on them being full. You would think a system would be used that diverted rainwater into the reservoirs when they where running low and and then off somewhere else when they were full.

That was a true genius moment :P

My moan is about work, why is it that all the laptops i get with the old licenses are broken with no way of getting them back, yet i keep getting told, you are the IT guy, come up with a way round it :P

'FireKnife'

Archived