My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Things that are pissing me off today;

My flatmate. He's a selfish, narcissistic, ponsing *rickroller*. And I'm stuck with him for 3 months. And the walls are made of paper. Trying to talk to him about any kind of issue I have results in him throwing a childish tantrum, and I'm quite tempted to elbow drop his face in his sleep to make myself feel better.

Forum advice; I'm not doing it anymore. I get craploads of people PM'ing me about WOC's... Generally, I try and reply as often as I can, but it gets awfully annoying with people just assuming you're a source of info, especially when everything they've asked you've already posted 4 times in a number of threads. I missed some guy's PM, so he publically calls me out about in the thread as if I'm some sort of inconsiderate *albartroth*. I genuinely missed the PM as I got about 4 throughout the day about stuff I was selling and it fell to the back of my mind. For a start, where the *fruitcage* does it say I'm duty bound to offer anyone and everyone assistance? Secondly, you've clearly read threads I've posted in about WOC's, which'd suggest I go on about them a fair bit. Why not perform a quick search and find EVERY SINGLE ANSWER YOU NEED IN STUFF I ALREADY POSTED!?

On top of that, when you spend *fruitcage* ages giving people detailed advice on exactly what to expect with a G&P GBBR, and exactly what you'll need, and they then ignore all of that advice, break it, and then go complaining about it because they ignored your advice. This has happened a few times, and I've genuinely had someone contact me bitching that they've got a broken charging handle and they spent £500 on a gun because I told them too, and the part I told them WOULD break QUICKLY has broken, and that's my fault.

Forum advice on guns, unless you're asking about a specific technical issue someone else has encountered never works. EVERYBODY contradicts EVERYBODY else, and one guy who's bought an ARES gun that's one of the very few out the box perfect can lead to 50 people buying a total POS. Or one person buys an excellent gun and gets the one in a million lemon, and puts plenty of people off of a whole brand. Seriously, we need a Wiki like system where people can back their claims up or something.

Personally, I'm done trying to help people on the forums, because I've become cynical and jaded about the fact all your advice is almost always ignored, or people only listen to it selectively then *badgeress* at you when they suffer a problem. OFFWARDLY *fruitcage*, YOU DOUCHES OF WHINGE.

Oh, and also, my Pret chocolate croissant was cold this morning. *Ubarflock*.

Oh, and Welcome back Guzzi :)

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guzzi, I would sugguest an airer (I think that is how its spelt, basically a series of metal/plastic poles that you hang wet clothing on).

Rant of tha day:- having loads of movies and tv shows to watch, but the one I want to watch, has mysteriously disappeared (for the curiously minded, it was Spaced, that I was looking for). What!?!?!

Mini rant:- not being able to decide, wether to paint my new aeg and have it battle worn, or have it looking shiny and new.

Edit:- Ack, just realised that my previous post was missing the following "I'm thinking of buying a marushin (I think its made by them) pump action shotgun, with shell ejecting function. But I know nothing of them and it would just be for wall hanging". But alas, that bit also doesn't make much sense. Best not post whilst feeling half asleep and a bit zombie'fied.

I feel for you Hwagan. I get the same sometimes, I'll answer a question and have someone PM me as though it's their god given right to quiz my mind on any and all technical issues they encounter. I was very tempted to write a very long and insulting message to a certain *albatross* but I thought that as much as I was right and justified, it might not look so good to the mods. His behaviour was disgusting. Some of us have lives, I dont' get on here EVERY SINGLE DAY to check everything, sometimes, I'm not here, sometimes, I just don't like your PM. I'm not being paid to dispense advice or reply in any way shape size or form. Not to say some people have been polite and I've felt genuinely good about offering them the advice I can.

MY rant of the day. Wild mice. I can't help eating a whole damn packet at a time, no matter HOW hard I try not to. *fruitcage*.

I have just been run a merry chase trying to locate a piece of hose for my bike, repeatedly told "no, sorry" by trade counter staff too lazy to look at a spec sheet to see if what they have will do the job.

I get out the laptop 5 minutes after being home, and within minutes I have a long enough length coming to replace the whole set of hoses, delivered for less than I was willing to pay to replace the one hose that's torn.

AND its blue, so it matches my bike's bodywork.

No wonder the internet is winning out over bricks and mortar shops.

Battle worn every time. Every time I buy a new gun, I throw it into a box full of other guns and shake it up. :D

Seriously? Great idea :D the most I've ever managed is deliberately bashing them against concrete walls to rough them up a bit.

Edit:- Ack, just realised that my previous post was missing the following "I'm thinking of buying a marushin (I think its made by them) pump action shotgun, with shell ejecting function. But I know nothing of them and it would just be for wall hanging". But alas, that bit also doesn't make much sense. Best not post whilst feeling half asleep and a bit zombie'fied.

You just reminded me: my rant for the day - Marushin M500s. Kinda want one 'cos they're awesome, but I had a look on the Marushin website and it appears they only make a stockless 6 mm now, and the 8 mms are FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS.

What.

ACM here I come, I guess...

Work the same shift times till thursday, get the weekend off.

Is there any games going on I can drive to?

Nope...

Classes start the 29th, yet I still have no means of transportation.

Also, my dad has to teach some EOTECH staff gun safety/cpl classes Saturday, and he put off ordering more student packets for months. He is a dummkopf when it comes to getting things done.

When possible, I try to answer PM questions in a public topic so I don't feel responsible for replying to a dozen follow-up inquiries by myself. Plus it cuts down on different folks asking the same questions (they will anyway, but you can just reply with a link).

Today's main gripe: I think I may have developed my very first hemorrhoid. Yay.

Waiting on customs to clear a pistol, is starting to make me go mad. Its a pistol I've already had mind, but now its full metal (oooooooooOOOOooooohh).

Winge/gripe/moan/rant:- Wood pigeon singin' away, out side my bedroom window. Bloody coo coooo.

Humbrol brown bess paint, why you no exist these days. Ack ack ack, wwwwwaaaaahhhhh. Ah well, suppose humbrol 186 will have to do.

Also, I'm addicted to Irn Bru. I have at least one bottle a day (500ml). Suppose its better than smoking.............

Also, I'm addicted to Irn Bru. I have at least one bottle a day (500ml). Suppose its better than smoking.............

You do know it is just the sewer water of Govan? Mixed with a bit of food colouring and sugar to hide the 'taste' :P

Though it does have one of the worst sugar contents of any fizzy drinks, though if you take the sugar out for sugar free you may as well drink out of the toilet. ;)

Then again it holds a record, being the only soft drink other than Coke to hold the 'most popular soft drink in a country' as in Scotland it is still more popular than Coke, which is the most popular everywhere else.

'FireKnife'

Yeah i remember attending a day at GZ with 4 cans of that, made me so happy i didn't really care much about the moron marshalls, the lackluster objective or the fact that my gun really wans't having any of it. :P

Feel sorry for the Americans though, due to corporate BS and false patriotism they can't taste the true sweet win that is Irn Bru, which no-one has ever cloned successfully.

'FireKnife'

You do know it is just the sewer water of Govan? Mixed with a bit of food colouring and sugar to hide the 'taste' :P

Though it does have one of the worst sugar contents of any fizzy drinks, though if you take the sugar out for sugar free you may as well drink out of the toilet. ;)

Then again it holds a record, being the only soft drink other than Coke to hold the 'most popular soft drink in a country' as in Scotland it is still more popular than Coke, which is the most popular everywhere else.

'FireKnife'

Also Russia but not any more apparently.

I love it but Currie's Red Cola is better, that stuff is seriously dangerous.

Archived