My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I'm calling BS on the KRISS being US exclusive. Utterly ridiculous. They may have it exclusively for a while like Xbox DLC or whatever, but that's it.

Yeah, exclusive for how long? I checked the HK shops lately, but none of them offer Kriss, not even WGC.

Also, goddamned bureaucracy. First, no paycheck yet. Second, my 200 quid raise got stuck somewhere between my manager and the execs. Looks like somebody didn't like the "Effective September 1st" clause.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving house. Ugh.

Spending near on £250 on fuel for a van than only cost £120 to rent, having to make two trips as we've got too much stuff to fit in long wheel base high top Mercedes specter (very large van), and driving neat enough 1000 miles on under 48 hours on not much more than 5 hours sleep each night, and copious amounts of caffeine via Costa coffee and energy drinks.

Oh, and it rained the entire time, too.

Oh, and average speed check cameras. Grr.

Damn that sounds like a large move where are you going from and to?

'FireKnife'

Yes, my phone was rooted.

I see your point about undeclared mods but I broke my phone's screen in my pocket.

That is like a meteor hitting your car and them not paying out because you had a bumper sticker, it is irrelevant.

sure it's irrelevant, but that's the way it goes with car insurance as well.

say you'd had your car resprayed a different colour, you didnt declare it, and you wrap it round a tree. could that have been caused by the shiny new paintjob? no. would the insurance pay out? no.

it's by no means fair, but that's the way it is. they will look for any excuse they can not to pay out.

Contemplating joining another forum, to sell an aeg (you know the one, they don't require a certain amount of post counts to sell on there). I hate myself for even contemplating the idea, makes me feel all dirty.

I listened to radio two the other day (I think it was yesterday = tuesday), the last serviving memeber of the bomber crew, who dropped the first atomic weapon on hiroshima, was on the Jeremy Vyne show. Now, he was asked if he was proud to have dropped it, he never said he was, he just said he didn't give a damn if he was a part of the crew or not. Jeremy kept pressing him to say that he felt remorse or that he felt pride for doing it. After the phone call Jeremy asked another person (who's name escapes me right now) how they felt about the last remaining bomber crew memeber, feeling pride for what he did.

Now, Theodore 'Dutch' Van Kirk (the last serviving member of the elona gay flight crew) didn't say he felt pride. It really got on my nerves, how straight after the phone call to Theodore 'Dutch' Van Kirk, they tried to make out he was some sort of blood firsty american. It really got on my nerves. Then after they played music and where about to read out traffic news, Jeremy back peddled with the traffic woman, and said how it must be hard not to feel what they did was right, as you would go mad over time, or have a horrible life (full of regret or something or other that would mean you'd question your existense).

Maybe I was reading into it too much. But Jeremy Vyne did definitly try to make Theodore 'Dutch' Van Kirk, come across as being remorsefull, or when that didn't work, as feeling pride for what he did.

Contemplating joining another forum, to sell an aeg (you know the one, they don't require a certain amount of post counts to sell on there). I hate myself for even contemplating the idea, makes me feel all dirty.

I did this, and it was a ball ache. Was selling a few things, including a £1000 night vision sight. Got offered a Chinese sniper rifle in part ex for that...

I did sell some stuff though, you just have to have thick skin and a good '*wheelbarrow*' filter.

I listened to radio two the other day (I think it was yesterday = tuesday), the last serviving memeber of the bomber crew, who dropped the first atomic weapon on hiroshima, was on the Jeremy Vyne show. Now, he was asked if he was proud to have dropped it, he never said he was, he just said he didn't give a damn if he was a part of the crew or not. Jeremy kept pressing him to say that he felt remorse or that he felt pride for doing it. After the phone call Jeremy asked another person (who's name escapes me right now) how they felt about the last remaining bomber crew memeber, feeling pride for what he did.

Now, Theodore 'Dutch' Van Kirk (the last serviving member of the elona gay flight crew) didn't say he felt pride. It really got on my nerves, how straight after the phone call to Theodore 'Dutch' Van Kirk, they tried to make out he was some sort of blood firsty american. It really got on my nerves. Then after they played music and where about to read out traffic news, Jeremy back peddled with the traffic woman, and said how it must be hard not to feel what they did was right, as you would go mad over time, or have a horrible life (full of regret or something or other that would mean you'd question your existense).

Maybe I was reading into it too much. But Jeremy Vyne did definitly try to make Theodore 'Dutch' Van Kirk, come across as being remorsefull, or when that didn't work, as feeling pride for what he did.

Vine is a true antagonistic *Ubar*. I turn it off when he comes on.

Damn that sounds like a large move where are you going from and to?

'FireKnife'

Moving from deep dark norfolk (via deeper darker norfolk) to york. Sadly no motorways in norfolk, so you have to drive an hour to cambridge before you get one, then up the A1.

Most depressing sight ever, seeing "follow the road for 80 miles" on the satnav.

todays rant:

the guy before me at my current job was a complete imbecile. i honestly dont know how he wasnt fired. the level of stock is atrocious, ###### all of some of the most popular filters, far too many of some parts which i honestly expect to never sell ever.

Coupled with horrendous stock management, so when i go to pick a new battery for a key fob remote blipper (whatever you want to call them), of which the system thinks there is three in stock, i can't find any.

WHAT THE *fruitcage*.

stock management is not difficult. honestly. order more of something when you sell the last few. keep more in stock of things you sell lots of.

Stock management is not difficult. honestly. order more of something when you sell the last few. keep more in stock of things you sell lots of.

Excellent thesis, your MBA will be in the post.

Look, I have said this a lot and I'm sure I'll have to say it again. Half of everybody you meet is of below average intelligence.

Stupidity and the envy it causes is the root of most bigotry, stupid people are everywhere, ruining *suitcase* for us.

Can't have a fire on the beach, why not? Stupid people.

Remember the Peter Principle.

"The Peter Principle is a belief that in an organization where promotion is based on achievement, success, and merit, that organization's members will eventually be promoted beyond their level of ability. The principle is commonly phrased, "employees tend to rise to their level of incompetence." In more formal parlance, the effect could be stated as: employees tend to be given more authority until they cannot continue to work competently." (from Wikipedia)

So, a local shop is selling supposedly milsurp ESS V12 Advancer goggles for 30 quid. As far as I know, those usually fetch 50 quid if not 60. Now, my question is: what's the catch. I know there's a catch of sorts in that, but I can't figure what it is.

That and the prescription inserts are sold separately for just as much. :/

Look, I have said this a lot and I'm sure I'll have to say it again. Half of everybody you meet is of below average intelligence.

Half? Come look out my window for a few hours and see the true knuckle draggers and morons that sit and shout at cars. Or those that think it is funny to jump in front of the automatic doors so they open then step away, one guy was at this for an hour, truly simple things please simple minds.

I am so glad the missus and i are on the same level, well she is a bit higher than my but still, we can both have a discussion and laugh at these people for the idiots they are. But then this leads to them going into proper retard mode and assuming everything is setled withloud noises and violence, like monkeys and apes in the wild, clearly a sign :P

So, a local shop is selling supposedly milsurp ESS V12 Advancer goggles for 30 quid. As far as I know, those usually fetch 50 quid if not 60. Now, my question is: what's the catch. I know there's a catch of sorts in that, but I can't figure what it is.

That and the prescription inserts are sold separately for just as much. :/

Either cheap clones or they are very well worn surplus ones?

'FireKnife'

No idea, on their photos they don't look all that worn and I haven't heard much about V12 clones. If not for my *suitcasey* earnings and ever-expanding wishlist, I'd grab a pair and source a prescription insert for them.

Well it could be. Either that or that is the best they can offer at considering where they have been.

Take over here for example, if you try to buy a set of brand new DPM trousers or jacket you could be paying three times the amount as surplus stuff, but surplus stuff will last as long and often has no defects to speak of, but as it is 'used' you have to command a reasonable price for them.

'FireKnife'

Well it could be. Either that or that is the best they can offer at considering where they have been.

Take over here for example, if you try to buy a set of brand new DPM trousers or jacket you could be paying three times the amount as surplus stuff, but surplus stuff will last as long and often has no defects to speak of, but as it is 'used' you have to command a reasonable price for them.

Yeah, a friend of mine sent me a nice set of surplus DPMs that cost him like 15 or 20 quid.

Prescription inserts for the ESS glasses are really hard to find. I've walked into every opticians in Manchester and none of them will make lenses to fit into the ESS lens holders for my Fiancée.

Okay, that worries me quite a bit, but I believe my usual optician would be able to do it. I'm getting my glasses there since twenty years or so, not once they failed me.

Yeah, a friend of mine sent me a nice set of surplus DPMs that cost him like 15 or 20 quid.

£15-20, you got ripped off :P. Joking but stil they are very cheap, about £5 an item, plus RM *suitcase* postage costs, yeah ok £15 sounds about right.

Also that is another thing, RM charges going up by nearly double, why? Petrol has gone up by 5p, not £1, so that can't be it, the workers are on the same pay, so that isn't it, the UK is not full of new toll roads so again that is not it. So what exactly is causing this bunch of lazy *albatross* hats that can't deliver half my stuff on time to ask for more money? Ah well, at least it is better than relying on people like PF for everything, imagine they let that side of things be in charge, email would really take off as a way to correspond even more and no-one would send anything that was physical.

'FireKnife'

I'll tell you for why - it's because every part of the Royal Mail that made a profit - and used to subsidise the cost of actual postal deliveries - was taken away, privatised and sold off as a separate company, so they're only left with the bits that lose money.

Because TNT, DHL, and the other courier companies are now able to compete with Royal Mail to do the easy profitable part of delivering mail - collecting in bulk from large companies like banks, sorting and taking to the large delivery hubs - then they hand the mail over to Royal Mail to do the hard, expensive bit - some guy bringing you a letter on foot in the pouring rain - and pay them a pittance for it.

Because running a mail service for a profit just isn't possible, but the government force them to try.

That's why.

Oh, and Parcel Force is actually part of Royal Mail. Why they needed to set that up, much less give it a different name, is beyond me.

Oh, and Parcel Force is actually part of Royal Mail. Why they needed to set that up, much less give it a different name, is beyond me.

I do know, hence why i said that side of things (i.e. that part of the business, the worst one by far).

Still it just seems that RM are partly taking us for a ride and partly getting taken for a ride themselves. I am sure if they broke it down they could be charging less and doing things more efficiently. Plus if people started routing mail to businesses it would save one group of posties going to drop off the post at each on a normal run, instead they just take it to the company and let them sort it among the staff. It seems like many things could be saved and changed with a little bit more effort on the customer end, but when they moan you could say, well at least you are able to send a parcel for £2, not £2.50 or £3.

Also would help if they do a weight and item size balance, how come a slab of metal that is within the 'Large Letter' size chart goes for half the price of a pistol frame that weighs 50g, just because it is 2mm thinner? *badger*s.

Still could be worse, but could be much, much better too :P

'FireKnife'

Sorry, I must have mistaken your meaning when you said that at least Royal Mail is better than Parcel Force.

You're right, plenty of things could probably be done a lot better. But that's true of every business in the country, and probably the world. They're all run by complete idiots who earn massive salaries and huge bonuses on top for playing golf and doing nothing useful at all.

But when they want to save money, they sack a bunch of checkout staff and cleaning ladies who earn minimum wage. Then give themselves a million pound bonus for doing it.

Sorry, I must have mistaken your meaning when you said that at least Royal Mail is better than Parcel Force.

You're right, plenty of things could probably be done a lot better. But that's true of every business in the country, and probably the world. They're all run by complete idiots who earn massive salaries and huge bonuses on top for playing golf and doing nothing useful at all.

But when they want to save money, they sack a bunch of checkout staff and cleaning ladies who earn minimum wage. Then give themselves a million pound bonus for doing it.

True, but it just makes me laugh about the posting system they use too, makes it stupid.

But i though RM and PF were still somewhat seperate as in they had like two seperate heads of the two respective groups and a bloke above them (lets face it, it is most likely a guy as half the RM seems to be stuck in the 50's)? Maybe i am wrong but they seem like two halves of a company rather than one company that offers two different services etc.

'FireKnife'

There's a magazine coming out (or is already out), that comes with a diecast replica, of a helicopter. The first issue is £2.99, I'm tempted. But I know what will happen, I'll get hooked and have to buy every single one.

Rant:- Can't find my nail clippers and my nails have grown to unacceptable length, over night. I don't want to have to buy new ones, yet the length of them is driving me nuts. I know what will happen. I'll go out, buy a new pair and bingo, the old one's will magically appear on the couch. Time to start biting my nails again...

Archived