My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I'm doing a very difficult job right now for pretty low pay - I'm barely pulling £10K a year before tax (bout £8K after) even though I know I could get a job that pays literally twice as much and has shorter hours and less stress.

However, I need the career progression this current job offers, in the form of allowing me to take a two year part time post graduate degree to allow me to become a full time teacher...

So essentially for the next two years I'm going to be working my *albartroth* off and getting paid a pittance for it. WOO

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing a very difficult job right now for pretty low pay - I'm barely pulling £10K a year before tax (bout £8K after) even though I know I could get a job that pays literally twice as much and has shorter hours and less stress.

However, I need the career progression this current job offers, in the form of allowing me to take a two year part time post graduate degree to allow me to become a full time teacher...

So essentially for the next two years I'm going to be working my *albartroth* off and getting paid a pittance for it. WOO

I know that feel, bro, it's four (or five) years working here and I'm pulling 3600 quid a year (after taxes). When it finally dawned on my manager to give me a promotion, the documents were sent up... aaaaand they're gone. No reply since August 8th, and it's THE SAME GODDAMN BUILDING, TWO FLOORS UP! That and I got bounced from being a replacement for one girl who got pregnant to being a replacement for another girl who got pregnant, now my manager wants to give me a permanent job, but it was put in the exact same documents that got eaten by Vogons.

Could be worse, could be doing that in Tesco with no prospect of getting anything out of it :P.

As for the nail cutting, well i would just go for those little pair of scissors on a small Swiss Army Knife, with them sharpened so i can get a good cut.

'FireKnife'

Wenger or victorinox? i had a vic, and it was fine for me. obviously it wont stand up to heavy useage, but for average day to day stuff they were fine.

if you had a cheap clone then yeah, it'd be ###### ;)

I think the wenger alox ones (with metal scales on the sides) have slightly thicker blades than 'standard' SAK's.

It was a Victorinox.

I found it novel to have all those tools in my pocket, but ultimately didn't like the way it felt when cutting into a plastic clamshell type packet. (which is pretty much all you need a blade for these days really)

I have one of those little Victorinox ones that has a blade, file with flat head point and pair of scissors along with a toothpick and tweezers. All i need for day to day stuff and toenail trimming when away.

All in regards to the blades, the little one on my Swiss Card (damn useful thing) has pretty much cut and trimmed about 3 Warhammer armies worth of plastic, some parts being like whole model legs, which is not easy but it works.

'FireKnife'

Today's annoyances

1. Dozing off on the sofa last night and waking up at 2am with my neck seized up

2. Bell end work colleagues who think that if you treat others like *suitcase* untill you want something then act like their best mate said people won't notice

3. The same numbnuts who still think air con works best with doors or windows open and insist on putting it on the moment the sun starts shining

3. The same numbnuts who still think air con works best with doors or windows open and insist on putting it on the moment the sun starts shining

Try explaining this by someone that walks into a server room that if the air con is not on can reach about 35C. :P

Idiots all round.

'FireKnife'

Why the *fruitcage* do dog owners think its ok to bring their dog with them when they come round?

My cat is now exiled away from where her food and water bowls are on a hot day, because my mother's friend's mutt is here.

In fact, dogs in general annoy the *fruitcage* out of me. If you don't like cats, they can tell, and they leave you the hell alone. Dogs won't. I'm sick of hearing "Oh, he just wants to say hello"

I don't want him to say hello, I want him to *fruitcage* off.

If its your place, your rules. Tell the people to ask first, and not to expect you to put up with thier pets. People these days think owning up to a mistake, means its okay to do it and do it again. That *suitcase* gets on my nerves. If I where you scorch, I'd ask them to leave (in a none threatening manner) and say don't do it again. Its cheeky of them to just except you to be okay, with them bringing thier dog to your home.

Cats like me, I don't like cats, door swings both ways. Stayed in a friends house and woke up with his two kittens on me. Me mate found it funny as hell to hear me make Peter Griffin noises, trying to get them off me (they arn't vicious, just not me cup of tea).

Ah the good old birtish reservedness. We just hate to upset poeple, but don't mind them upsetting us. I have a dog and would never take him someplace, without asking first (as I am very much aware that some people don't feel comfortable around animals).

Rant:- After saying I would never get another rifle, I'm looking at a g36k, and thinking, hello sexy.

Well I've just had to retrieve my cat from the neighbour's tree cause she went up there away from the dog and couldn't work out the way down in the countryside pitch black darkness we get out here.

Damn near anally violated myself on the fence climbing over too. (neighbour is on holiday, I would have knocked otherwise)

I was watching alien v predator (the first one, its alright and just a switch the brain off action movie), and thought hhmmmm. Since those pmags came out for the g36, I've been leaning towards getting another one (had a tm back in 05/06, but it never left its box).

I must admit i can't comment, i do enjoy the company of dogs (easy guys :P) but i just can't stand cats, then again have had to put up with about 30 at various points in my life :(

Still my rant, hmm i don't think i have one, time is chugging along at a normal pace, the weather is ok, my guns all work, the missus is back soon, i have money for once and Arnies day is only a few months away.

'FireKnife'

^enter guzzihero to rant about cyclists!

Edit; I will have a rant about cyclists too. Well, some.

Near me is a very busy single carriageway, which runs near the end of Blackpool airport runway.

It's a 40 mph limit, and alongside has a cycle path, and next to that, a footpath.

You still gets *Ubarflock* clad in Lycra pootling along at 15 ish mph on the road, holding traffic up without a care in the world, and it properly *fruitcage*s me off, especially as the cycle path was put in especially to make it less dangerous/increase traffic flow. The road is one long sweeping bend, so even if there is an overtaking gap, you can't see it.

What I would call 'recreational' cyclists - families etc can all seem to use the path without a problem, it's just the *fruitcage*ers with a chip on their shoulder that don't.

What I also find funny is the wing mirror on the 3.5 ton van I drive home every day is exactly the same height as the back of a cyclists head...

Shmook you get the same up here, the cyclists have a lane to themselves which they share with the busses yet still they go out wide and nearly get taken off by cars and try to have a go at them.

But then it is like all things, you can't judge road users by the White Van men and the Audi drivers otherwise you would never get on a road for fear of your own life.

'FireKnife'

Archived