My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I'm on 12.04

Seriously, it is perfect.

It just works, and if you need to do something that is not immediately obvious then you can just google it.

The quantity of help available is amazing and it does seem to be genuinely helpful.

There is a slight bit of snootiness if you don't know how to work directly in the console but the help on the Ubuntu forums is free of that.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Postal Service.

Not sure where did it fail, in Poland or in the UK, but it failed. Of course I know of cases where a letter sent to or from Tax Service in the same city took two weeks to get to the addressee, but it only proves the fact that the Polish postal service is a joke.

Most standard postal services are, with the odd exceptionally delivery that they pull off.

A lot of the time I have to wait twice as long for things, and this is when sent to a business address in a city that is about 2 mins from a nearby sorting office, where I know for a fact all the mail for this place goes.

Still they pulled off a one day delivery, bringing me my new compensator today.

'FireKnife'

Also, I'm getting older. Where's my mother*fruitcaging* cake? ;)

My MP9 mags are sitting in America still after 5 days at the sorting office. Customs are yet to get their grubby little mitts on them. :(

I hope you got the patches at least...

Postal Service.

Not sure where did it fail, in Poland or in the UK, but it failed. Of course I know of cases where a letter sent to or from Tax Service in the same city took two weeks to get to the addressee, but it only proves the fact that the Polish postal service is a joke.

i ordered something from 'murrka a while back, it was dispatched on the 17th last month and still isn't here. most frustrating is the fact that USPS' supposed tracking system isn't a tracking system. the only info it has given me is the date it was accepted and 'electronic shipping info received'. now, according to the internets this is the only info i will get until the item arrives... IF it arrives :(

seriously, what is the point in having a tracking system that doesn't track!?

My rant? Day off...

Sounds good, but I'm moving stuff from storage into our new house. Just been to pick up 2 wardrobes, 2 sofas and 2 chest of drawers, one a double unit and put them in the van.

On my own.

Got home about to unload and it starts fully pissing it down, which sucks.

Edit, got another van load to do too, and then spend the afternoon dismantling all the old fitted stuff and taking it to the tip, in my fiancées car, as you can't just rock up in a van without a permit. Which sucks.

Oh Ho Ho!

All is ok now, it's stopped, and a mate is popping round after work to help get the last wardrobe upstairs.

Today, I will have taken down 2 old double wardrobes, and moved a double and a triple upstairs, another double upstairs, and 2 doubles into the garage. On my own except for 1 double. Also several chests of drawers, 2 sofas and several boxes of miscellaneous stuff.

What a great day off.

Courier company, for a change. And Orange the mobile carrier.

First, I renew my mobile contract online and order a new phone - some 50 pence Sony Ericsson ###### that calls, runs Android and maybe even can get me on Facebook. I choose "delivery between 6pm and 9pm", because I need to get from work, right? So, once I'm back from work, my flatmate says that the courier dropped by at 5pm, saying that if I'm not home, he can't deliver the package to anyone, and no, he won't come back at 6pm. Jackass. And he didn't even bother to call me and notify me that he'll be delivering the package.

So I call the courier company to ask what the hell was that supposed to be. As it turns out, those morons at Orange didn't want to pay for delivery during specified hours. Even if they offer it on their site!

Ah ######. I'm waiting on something posted on the 28th from the US. Stuff before has been fine. So a ridiculous wait time is part of the service now? Fantastic :mellow:

i ordered something else from 'murrka that was dispatched the next day and it arrived about a week earlier, not sure what happened there.

oh, it arrived yesterday... with a grey and white bit of card telling me i owe HMRC £16.48. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sky F1.

Go *fruitcage* yourself, right in the ear.

I am watching the 10am repeat of the Japanese GP and they have mentioned Senna's crash with Prost in 1990 three times without ever mentioning anything about Prost doing the exact same thing.

Without mentioning Senna's disqualification for using an escape route.

Without mentioning Senna's amazing performance on other Japanese GPs.

Seems like bias to me.

Not surprising, they are a shower of knobs...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Pause for breath.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You lot had to watch The X Factor? Damn that is some painful torture. Why oh why did you watch it? I spent my evening playing Dino Crisis on my PC, that was worth more of anyones time than X Factor :P

'FireKnife'

I sometimes put my fiancées wishes before my own ;)

If she asked to put your balls in a meat grinder would you? That in fact would be less torture than watching talentless people get judged by people that have even less talent. :P

I mean ok, put the needs of others in front of yours but there are limits? Unless you got something back for doing this, then that is forgiveable.

'FireKnife'

It's give and take.

At the end of the day, no one died, she was happy, we were babysitting her brothers kids who also wanted to watch it, and I just dicked about on my generic tablet reading about shooting and other manly things :)

Archived