My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Ha, reminds me of sleeping for one hour when working back in Somerfield, got some bedding stuff from the homewear section that we added and hid my self in the locked alcohol cabinet (only I had the key).

Everyone was so busy at the front of the store with customers that no-one noticed and as I wasn't till trained I couldn't do anything to help (yeah weird 'you have to attend this course to do this' place). :P

Here at this job though I just set up some PCs and they take about 30 mins overall so gives me a chance for a relax on the odd day that I need it, which thankfully is very very rare.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*fruitcage* MY JOB.

I am in way out of my depth, I have no idea what I'm doing, I have NO *fruitcage* SUPPORT, and it's a matter of days until I royally *fruitcage* something up through no fault of my own due to the lack of training or anyone available to provide it, added to the fact I don't even know what *fruitcage* training I need in the first place.

I've been kicked out of a *fruitcage* aeroplane and told to fly, basically. This is a *fruitcage* joke and I'm moments away from slamming my face through my *fruitcage* *Ubar* desk. *fruitcage* *suitcase* *Ubar* *fruitcage* *fruitcage* off *fruitcage* *suitcase* *Ubar* *fruitcage* *Ubarflock* *wheelbarrow* *rickroll* *fruitcage* *suitcase* *Ubar*.

*fruitcage* MY JOB.

I am in way out of my depth, I have no idea what I'm doing, I have NO *fruitcage* SUPPORT, and it's a matter of days until I royally *fruitcage* something up through no fault of my own due to the lack of training or anyone available to provide it, added to the fact I don't even know what *fruitcage* training I need in the first place.

I've been kicked out of a *fruitcage* aeroplane and told to fly, basically. This is a *fruitcage* joke and I'm moments away from slamming my face through my *fruitcage* *Ubar* desk. *fruitcage* *suitcase* *Ubar* *fruitcage* *fruitcage* off *fruitcage* *suitcase* *Ubar* *fruitcage* *Ubarflock* *wheelbarrow* *rickroll* *fruitcage* *suitcase* *Ubar*.

What the hell have they asked you to do? Thread a needle using your buttocks which if you don't do a server in China goes bang and causes a tidal wave that reduces the industrial heart of Asia to a swampy ruin?

Rant 1: The only UK retailer that has the TM rifle I want is.......................................Z1

Now you know how I feel, every time I want a TM pistol they are always the lowest price and in stock there.

As for the expensive food it costs the same up here, just the difference is you live in London, which has airsoft and places to go. I live in a city that has the following accolades:

Most Inbred, Lowest Average IQ, Worst School truancy and early leavers rate, Worst Xenophobia (and quite high on Most Racist) and many others that I don't really wish to put.

Add to this no proper skirmish sites, no choice for eating out, little entertainment and about 5 shops that you want to go into oh and must not forget the fact the traffic system is so badly designed, many of the locals can't drive as they would cause too many casualties and round my area you can't go out after dark and is like living in the film Harry Brown everywhere in the city (unless you are earning over £40,000 a year).

So yeah, it may be expensive in London but you don't have the above and you know where the 'bad' areas are, sadly not up here.

Also almost forgot the locals use *fruitcage*, *suitcase* and *Ubar* as normal words as they actually haven't the intelligence to form a sentence that uses non-vulgar words.

Me and the other people that are either in good jobs or smart enough to know who to avoid are lucky, I feel sorry for the rest, especially those that are not local.

'FireKnife'

Something of a mixed bag today. Coughed up twenty bucks for a supposedly genuine WW2 Bronze Star. Being torn between using it for costume purposes and reselling for a hefty sum on a local auction site, I did some googling to find out if I wasn't conned. If I was, no harm done, this thing goes on my postnuclear merc leather vest. If I wasn't, it's time to recoup my costs.
Turns out, I wasn't conned. Worse: I bought a genuine WW2 decoration that was minted in Soviet-like quantities (and you know how Soviets loved their medals), and whole boxes of them gathered dust in Army warehouses all the way to 1991, when some swinging *rickroll* "accidentally" sent one of the boxes out (and probably a while longer, after which they wound up in surplus stores). To quote:
"These Swank made Bronze Stars showed up shortly after desert Storm. I recall that in 1991, I had my supply sergeant sergeant order 50 bronze service stars to affix to our SWASM ribbons. When the box came in, he showed me that he had gotten 50 WWII vintage Bronze Star medals- all in these white boxes. I told him that I couldn't believe that he couldn't have noticed the mistake when looking at the total cost of the order. These medals were logged into the supply system with a cost of 38 cents apiece!"
So yeah, now you can find those on EBay for $15 on Buy Now. Shipped halfway across the world for $3. Which is still some ten bucks less than the local price.

So, I didn't risk ordering a TM rifle from Z1, instead from EHA, partly because of some store credits and they have annoyed me the least out of them, RW and WGC.

That does mean it's unlikely to arrive before UCAP Sandpit next Sunday.

Though thankfully they are not all moronic inbreds, just the saddening majority. Ah well, one day I will be free from here.

'FireKnife'

I assume you're still young? head abroad, best thing I ever did when I started working.

So, I didn't risk ordering a TM rifle from Z1, instead from EHA, partly because of some store credits and they have annoyed me the least out of them, RW and WGC.

That does mean it's unlikely to arrive before UCAP Sandpit next Sunday.

I assume you're still young? head abroad, best thing I ever did when I started working.

I am very tempted to frig off to New Zealand.

Pros:

Better weather.

Job prospects (due to my job being 3rd on the permanent required list).

Airsoft and it is semi only (pistols time).

Have family so someone to stay with until I find a flat and get settled.

Much nicer area in general.

Can use my British accent on the ladies :P.

No UKARA, that's right no moronic law stating that airsoft is 'teh Devil' and will kill us all so as to win votes.

Cost of living is lower, but then so is the average wage so balances out.

Cons:

Away from family, but as all I have is my Mum and Dad who I don't really care that much about (long story) I don't mind.

Earthquakes, ah well it's nature can't help it.

Leave present GF, not good but we have discussed it.

Leave friends, again I can make new ones.

Sell of and transport stuff, might be a hassle for airsoft kit seeing as it is custom stuff that I want to keep.

So to be honest it seems why not, just have to get 2yrs experience (my first year here was two days ago) and then I will be looking at it, either way it wont cost me that much, I live a very minimalist life and my flat is full of just enough stuff to entertain and keep me going. In fact if it was my two year experience (seems to be the minimum required) yesterday I would be looking at going today.

As for not ordering from Z1, good choice the wait is better than dealing with them and the lack of aftermarket customer support from HK isn't an issue, as you wouldn't have got any customer support from Z1 anyway (unless you believe the hilarious propaganda they use on their sites etc) :P.

'FireKnife'

I'm going insane. I can't add my laptop to a Win7 Home Group. Pinging works. The computers "see" each other over LAN. However, no *fruitcage* way in Hell I can make the laptop join the Home Group. The oh so helpful Win7 diagnostics tool claims there's some network error, without specifying what kind of error it is, and "hey, maybe you should synch system clocks?" Well I *fruitcage* did, you retarded *Ubar*.

Meh, sometimes Win7 is like that. Have you checked everything, including how it is connecting to said Home Group?

As for me, not much aside from being stuck in the works on site shop that is cold and full of strange people, oh and the odd attractive one :P.

'FireKnife'

I am very tempted to frig off to New Zealand.

Pros:

Better weather. No it isn't.

Job prospects (due to my job being 3rd on the permanent required list).

Airsoft and it is semi only (pistols time).

Have family so someone to stay with until I find a flat and get settled.

Much nicer area in general.

Can use my British accent on the ladies :P.

No UKARA, that's right no moronic law stating that airsoft is 'teh Devil' and will kill us all so as to win votes.

Cost of living is lower, but then so is the average wage so balances out.

Cons:

Away from family, but as all I have is my Mum and Dad who I don't really care that much about (long story) I don't mind.

Earthquakes, ah well it's nature can't help it.

Leave present GF, not good but we have discussed it.

Leave friends, again I can make new ones.

Sell of and transport stuff, might be a hassle for airsoft kit seeing as it is custom stuff that I want to keep. Not a hassle, you should do it regularly anyway - your possessions own you in the end.

So to be honest it seems why not, just have to get 2yrs experience (my first year here was two days ago) and then I will be looking at it, either way it wont cost me that much, I live a very minimalist life and my flat is full of just enough stuff to entertain and keep me going. In fact if it was my two year experience (seems to be the minimum required) yesterday I would be looking at going today.

Just go, you can be the bloke who went to New Zealand and didn't like it or you can be the guy who thought about going then didn't.

Actually, those are both worst case scenarios, you could be the perfectly content bloke who never regretted moving to NZ.

I'm going insane. I can't add my laptop to a Win7 Home Group. Pinging works. The computers "see" each other over LAN. However, no *fruitcage* way in Hell I can make the laptop join the Home Group. The oh so helpful Win7 diagnostics tool claims there's some network error, without specifying what kind of error it is, and "hey, maybe you should synch system clocks?" Well I *fruitcage* did, you retarded *Ubar*.

There's your problem.

I bet you 10 quid it will work if you install Ubuntu...

Also.

I had three dives booked in today, doing my PADI Nav course.

Got there, 1 - 1.5m vis and 2 degree water.  No problem, I am tough as *fruitcage*.

Put dry suit on, blew wrist seal, dives cancelled.

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaargh!

Nice lady at dive centre has to look after her legal requirements so wouldn't let me dive in 2 deg water in a wetsuit.

Harrumph.

Well, apparently there was an issue with this month's property tax (mother forgot to pay it), so she has to pay for this month and the next or whatever to ensure we don't get charged some obscene amount.

I've been asked to "loan" again from my savings.

Oh well, that's life.

There's your problem.

Not always, but it could be worse. Could be another idiot trying to do this running the frankly pathetic Mac OSX series of operating systems.

Or saying that it could be Windows 8, which I still find to be badly made and no real improvement over 7, so no suprise that 7 is outselling 8 still.

As for going to New Zealand, how is the weather not better than ours (I would be living in the north island around Auckland most likely) and the only big con for me would be selling or moving possessions even with the limited amount that I have available to me, Don't keep it unless I need it.

'FireKnife'

here's your problem.

Well *fruitcage* you and your *fruitcage* Ubuntu. You can roll your Ubuntu up and shove it up your *albartroth*. Seriously, I'm *fruitcage* sick to death with that smug Linux faggotry: "It doesn't work on Windows? It doesn't work BECAUSE Windows!" Bull *fruitcage* *suitcase*. First, it's a *fruitcage* GAMING laptop (I do play Crysis on it, and on medium details). Second, the problem, as usual, was in third-party software, namely outdated drivers. Third, I don't have time to go through networking in one more OS that doesn't even match the rest of the computers in the house.

Well *fruitcage* you and your *fruitcage* Ubuntu. You can roll your Ubuntu up and shove it up your *albartroth*. Seriously, I'm *fruitcage* sick to death with that smug Linux faggotry: "It doesn't work on Windows? It doesn't work BECAUSE Windows!" Bull *fruitcage* *suitcase*. First, it's a *fruitcage* GAMING laptop (I do play Crysis on it, and on medium details). Second, the problem, as usual, was in third-party software, namely outdated drivers. Third, I don't have time to go through networking ###### in one more OS that doesn't even match the rest of the computers in the house.

http://www.tkmaxx.com/handbags/icat/11

Quick, grab yours now :P.

'FireKnife'

Which still doesn't change the fact that smug Linux elitism is rampant. It's the IT equivalent of hipsters: perfectly serviceable Windows is too mainstream, so let's turn to some useless fringe of an OS that can be used to launch a calculator app and not much else (last time I tried to use Ubuntu, it couldn't even figure out how to play a MP3 file without trying to download some *fruitcage*-knows-what. And sure as *fruitcage* it didn't use the program called a "music player" to do that, instead trying to open them with a movie player, of all things).

If I ever buy one of those piddly Intel Atom-powered micronetbooks (which are obscenely expensive while offering almost no computing power nor battery capacity), I might consider installing Ubuntu on that. But since Android devices evolve at a staggering rate, and are much cheaper, I think I'll take a 7" tablet instead.

Archived