My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Type of battery would preferably be AA/AAA. I find, smaller than that, to be a bit pricey (looking at you cr123a).

Edit:- also, I don't like surefire torches (to much detail and thin). I did find a BnQ torch that took AAA had a dim/flood feature and a pressure button. That's the closest I've come, to the torch I want. Madness.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I went down the AA route for cost of CR123 as well, but do run a fenix PD10 on rechargeables (I lose mode selection due to the higher voltage, but that's fine for me for EDC).

I don't like surefire either, I think they cost way too much for what they are. Overrated.

I have a fenix LD20 with an R5 diode which does a good spread of floody and a decent hotspot, but doesn't adjust between the two. 3 normal modes and also hidden ones, a good light really, but maybe longer than you want. It is smaller than I thought it would be though.

If you wand an adjustable flood to spot, LED Lenser are doing that. I have a police tech focus, and use it daily. 3 AA, and bombproof. Specs seem poor compared to newer lights, but it will chuck a beam 100 metres, or flood a room nicely and I rather like it! Single mode though, but forward clicky like you wanted.

Not sure of other options if you want adjustable beam though, or have I misread and you want a mix of the two?

Edit, tesco do a 2AA light for a tenner, which is great. I have a few kicking about. Without checking though, not sure if they are forward clicky. Probably not actually. Good cheap lights though!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit, tesco do a 2AA light for a tenner, which is great. I have a few kicking about. Without checking though, not sure if they are forward clicky. Probably not actually. Good cheap lights though!

I've got one of those and they're not bad for the price. They have a push button on/off switch on the end cap but unfortunately the beam is fixed

It doesn't have a button but since it is a dive light it is entirely bomb proof - have a look at the Kowalski Pico.

On the NZ thing, I didn't say the weather was bad, it's just not the same as the UK.

It is like the UK weather but with the contrast turned up, cold is colder, hot is hotter, rain is rainier etc.  I loved it.

Everyone should go.  But, if everyone did go then it wouldn't be good any more because of all the people.

My desktop PC is broken. I am not sure why. The other week I was playing a game - Sleeping Dogs, I think - and had it paused while I was talking on the phone. When I came back, the system had frozen and would not respond to anything. Eventually, a "Button B" reset was in order, but after that the computer failed to POST, no bleep codes, nothing on the screens, no idea what was wrong.

After a bit of digging, I thought the fault was the motherboard and found a replacement one on eBay which I fitted today. The power and reset buttons now work again, but still no screen. I'm wondering now if the Graphics card is the problem. The other thought is that a *fruitcage*ed up the CPU while moving it from one motherboard to the other.

Given that my PC is a bit long in the tooth anyway, I wish I had the money to just buy all new parts and replace it all. But I don't. <_<

Right, it's a toss up between the kowalski pico and this:-

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/micro-processor-range/led-lenser-m7-torch-225-lumen-output.html

I'm tempted to get both.

Hedge, sorry to hear about your pc. I remember when my Xbox 360 died, just as I was close to completing dead space 1. Needless to say, that Xbox was used as a stress ball.

Thanks, guys. I've got my eye on a replacement graphics card on eBay, but I'm not even sure if that is the problem. At the moment, I'm basically just throwing money at a problem in the hope that I'll find a solution. It's not very efficient.

You should try this one:

Just my 2 cents

Forgot about the sipik 68/clone of.

1AA, but adjustable beam, aspheric lens so will shine quite far (beam is square though at distance - looks odd at first), you can get them with single mode or 3 mode, and are dirt cheap on amazon or eBay. I'll dig up a link in a sec. I had one for ages, only got rid as a trade, it was a cheap copy and was fine!

Edit, linky to one

I got mine off eBay for about £5 delivered, that link is just for reference. As I said, you can get 3 mode ones, and they will run on a 14500 if you want, but I never tried that :)

Er, torches? I just eat my carrots. :P

As for me:

It is still *fruitcage*-ing snowing.

My car has busted it's alternator

It is not an easy fix.

The missus and I were planning on going away, that might be shot.

I can now only use the lounge to sleep in as my bedroom is freezing due to the weather, even with heating on.

So glad I don't care though :P.

'FireKnife'

Somehow, despite my efforts, I still fail at taking exams for this one particular course, one that is essentially a combination of two classes I have taken previously.  Despite my studying efforts, beyond what I do for my other courses, I still seem to mess up.

Yet, the other exam for another class, one that I did no real amount of studying for, I get almost a perfect score.

Why, why does this happen.

Well, I have no career path, the subjects are all just filler for a "useless" degree.  There is no subjects I enjoy, like, have any interest in, etc.  Most of the time I am bored of being taught the same information over and over again throughout the years.

I just do not understand why I am going to fail this course (or get such a horrible grade).  I listen to the lectures, I study, and I ace the labs, but the exams throw everything into the waste bin.  People say "it is okay, everyone fails at least one course".

I, even though it's all rather pointless in the end, cannot afford to do that.  I cannot afford to go and seek what I want to do.  Councilors have had zero success in that department, and I have spent far too many years in therapy of one sort or another that all proved fruitless.

My sister is the one who went out to explore, have a life, drain the family funds like a whirlpool in a black hole.  I stayed home in seclusion, worked at the golf course, gave my first 2 years of pay to mother to help the family through rough times, continue to give what I have of savings when need be ($3500 this year so far).  I've never asked to be payed back, nor have I ever wanted to go to college or waste my family's funds (yet the folks insist).  I rather see everyone around me succeed and have fulfilling lives than end up a complete *bramston pickle* that I apparently am according to the logic of the world.  I don't want to talk to advisers, I don't want to waste others time, I just want to do what is set in front of me and keep my folks going.  Why am I worthless because of that?

It's very commendable when a person wants to look after their parents/family. I always found, that if I was under pressure, I did better in an exam. When I was relaxed, it was like I didn't care. Though to be fair, it's been a long time since I sat an exam.

Rant:- scampy fries. They're so bloody addictive and my local shop, is always fully stocked. My lack of will power is appalling.

Interesting rant today, goes with my good thing in the "happy" thread.

People who think that joining the armed forces is stupid;

So myself and a friend where sitting on the bus on the way to football practice chatting about when we are both going to the recruitment office and giving the typical trade of insults when discussing it (he wants to join the Marines, I want to join the Armoured Corp). When the chav sitting in front of us turns around and says "Look at you two fools signing up, you're probably going to get blown up by some *racist comment about Muslims* while i get to sit home and watch TV 'cause im on benefits (or some other like that) ". So we simply just ignored the *fruitcage* and started chatting about other .

So why are some people so idiotic/stubborn that they refuse to acknowledge that the armed forces will always be needed and that while they dont get alot of money for what they do, they still are doing more then sitting on a couch at home and living off benefits while doing *fruitcage* all to help themselves.

Interesting rant today, goes with my good thing in the "happy" thread.

People who think that joining the armed forces is stupid;

So myself and a friend where sitting on the bus on the way to football practice chatting about when we are both going to the recruitment office and giving the typical trade of insults when discussing it (he wants to join the Marines, I want to join the Armoured Corp). When the chav sitting in front of us turns around and says "Look at you two fools signing up, you're probably going to get blown up by some *racist comment about Muslims* while i get to sit home and watch TV 'cause im on benefits (or some other ###### like that) ". So we simply just ignored the *fruitcage* and started chatting about other ######.

So why are some people so idiotic/stubborn that they refuse to acknowledge that the armed forces will always be needed and that while they dont get alot of money for what they do, they still are doing more then sitting on a couch at home and living off benefits while doing *fruitcage* all to help themselves.

This to me is a two parter:

1. That person is an idiot, is clearly around to scam benfits if that is their answer and should be put into a section of the army where they are given a SMLE, 20 bullets, some old surplus DPM and told to go see if they can survive in Afghanistan.

2. I don't agree with the present services actions in that why exactly are we stringing out a conflict that is only going to end one way, we leave and the country deteriorates into civil war and goes back pretty much to square one leaving us with two choices, stay and in a way waste tax payers money or leave and watch it all go back to how it used to be. Personally I see the point in having an Armed Forces, for the defence of ones own country and her territories, not to go off and stick our noses in where really it wont make a blind difference and lose soldiers due to poor logistics and guerilla tactics.

Though admittedly the only countries that would ever wish to invade or attack us have much bigger armies than we do and it is very unlikely they ever would bother, so does that make having an Army pointless? Not in my mind but I just don't agree with the way it is being used at the moment.

'FireKnife'

Archived