My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I still can't find my killzone 3 disc and several other games.  Pretty sure the cleanup crew after the house was smoke-damaged took them.

Sorry scorch, back to my typical state of posting.

Mother tells me they are set to put down Rusty on Monday in the evening this morning, somehow expecting me to get through family gatherings without going nuts.  They even tried to get me to go to my cousins till Tuesday, to keep me under watch.  I've been choked up, tearful, and downright maniacal all day.

Come home, try to make the best of my remaining time with Rusty (lots of petting, hugging, photos and video, etc).  They thought that he was not eating as a sign of giving up.  Sure enough, he eats not only the can of dog food I bought today as his last meal, but his regular food as well, and a Frosty Paw treat.  Now, they suddenly go "oh, we'll wait a bit longer, he's looking better"

I know I should be happy, but DAMN IT ALL, you don't *fruitcage* with my mental state like that and then suddenly change your mind.

Now, I don't know when they will take him in to be put down (at least this time mother can insist on keeping an urn, rather than the body bag thrown into a dumpster), I don't know what to do about tomorrow, for I had called a fellow worker and friend of the family earlier and asked if I could come work pro-bono or just sit somewhere in the banquet hall of the pro shop building just to keep away from home (it's a bit late to call him back).

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait you don't keep the disc in the case if it isn't in the consoles? :P

I must admit I am one for it either being in the right case or in the console and nowhere else.

As for me I have nothing to complain about really.

'FireKnife'

I have a couple of big disc wallets for all of my DVDs, bluray and games discs to go in, saves the cases making it huge piles all overthe place.

Fair enough.

Reminds me though of a mate of mine that had discs everywhere, literally having to step over them in his flat.

Often the only reason I keep disc cases is for when I sell on the game, plus I only ever have about 5 max at a time :P.

'FireKnife'

Hey could be worse, you could have run out of gun storage space like me and having to find other places to put them :P.

I sometimes ask why I have seven pistols and everytime the answer is 'because I can damn it'. :D

'FireKnife'

Guess which parcel is still stuck in the postal limbo.

Yes, the one I need for June 1st photoshoot. I swear t'God, if even one piece of the worthless Gothic bling goes missing (it's still shiny), there will be hell to pay.

Oh well, at least it turned out the Ruger stock is being processed. I'm gonna have some "fun" with sandpaper this week...

Well, I just got a rude awakening from mother.  In between her muttering about the daily matters, she states that now because Rusty had an accident again, they are setting Friday as the date.  Of course, now I'm skeptic as hell.  Now, I am trying to decide if I should do what they thought of first and ask my relatives if I may stay over on Friday and Saturday (I happen to have those days off), watch/play several games with my cousin, and generally be kept distracted.

My two cousins both used to keep game disks in those big cd storage "wallets".  One of them lost one once on a trip, and it was sad because of how many classic games at the time were in it.

As for storage concerns, there is a reason no one ever sees my room door open.

Wait you don't keep the disc in the case if it isn't in the consoles? :P

I must admit I am one for it either being in the right case or in the console and nowhere else.

As for me I have nothing to complain about really.

'FireKnife'

i blame people who dont put things in the correct case. my ex's brother found it in one of his DVD cases several months later haha

In the end, I knew they would have Rusty taken in tonight.  I elected to go, I carried him to the car and then was with him every step.  People say its the right thing to do, you cry, you keep petting even after they pass away, you go home and you try to shore up.  I will never be all right with it, no matter how well my disguise is everyday, just like it has been for the past two decades almost.

Rusty010_zps6797b9d8.jpg

Rusty the night before, with his surviving younger brother Winston.

Rusty025_zps71aa24a5.jpg

His final ride, done properly without any hassle.  He enjoyed it.

Mein einziger Kamerad in Leben...

Awww, I will be honest sometimes I can't frankly give a toss about people but hearing about a dog being put down genuinely makes me care.

Hope you get through it as best you can.

Still looks like a dog that has had a long life and a happy one :P.

'FireKnife'

Killed three dremel bits, burned my hand and found out the Allen screw used to hold the Ruger in the stock is half an inch too short. Also, half my room is covered in wood dust, and I am too.

Sorry to hear about your dog, hope you feel better/okay soon. Remember the good times, that's what I do.

Golden rule in Hollywood, don't kill the dog/animal (just look at Independence day. Tons of people burnt to a krisp, but the dog makes it. His name, "boomer"). Alien is another example, poor old Burt gets bitten by the Alien, but Jonesy survives (till Aliens, when he walks out an airlock after Ripley leaves).

Yeah, 27 million people died in the 2nd world war - meh.

A dog died?  That's terrible.

I feel for you buddy. sounds like he had a life full of love.

Though unlike many of the dead in WW2, the dog didn't plan to do harm to anyone else ;).

Sorry to hear about your dog, hope you feel better/okay soon. Remember the good times, that's what I do.

Golden rule in Hollywood, don't kill the dog/animal (just look at Independence day. Tons of people burnt to a krisp, but the dog makes it. His name, "boomer"). Alien is another example, poor old Burt gets bitten by the Alien, but Jonesy survives (till Aliens, when he walks out an airlock after Ripley leaves).

This always gets me in films, where the animal is used as a 'those heartless bastards' kind of thing. Like in the film Hostage, you know the bad guys are bad as they kill the family dog. Ignore that they have kidnapped people and shot others, they killed the dog damned it. :P

Though I do recall when my favourite dog Lucky went, she was a lovely timid thing that was scared of everything but even in her last days she would get up and play.

'FireKnife'

Unconditional love. That's what people get from animals (am thinking cats and dogs). It's also why parents will always forgive their children, as they'll always remember them as the helpless baby, that depended on them for everything.

Rant:- thunderous farts in the middle of the night. Yes, I'm the culprit and it woke my wife up. In an odd way, am rather proud of my mega trumps.

Unconditional love. That's what people get from animals (am thinking cats and dogs). It's also why parents will always forgive their children, as they'll always remember them as the helpless baby, that depended on them for everything.

Plus pets can't talk back, just make funny noises :P.

I mostly get contempt and demands for kibbles from mine. :P

Still love her though.

At my Dad's is a cat called Billy and we think he has the equivalent of cat Down Syndrome, he though is about the only cat I can stand as he has such affection and doesn't just demand and think he is superior.

Either way I will always prefer dogs, dopey, trainable and loyal beats independent and arrogant any day :D

'FireKnife'

True, I've never had a cat as a pet. Mate of mine had four, I got on with them if I ignored them and then they wouldn't leave me alone. Just realised, I have a bit of a belly going on. Not big (36 inch waist, am 5'11), but it's definitely there. Time to loose it and tone up, but I'll start that in June, after my birthday.

Archived