My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As said, Android can block all that stuff.  It is not an Apple exclusive feature.  If screens fail, they will be replaced under warranty.  I don't really see the relevance of that.  I don't know how you could go from an S4 to an iPhone.  When I have to mess with iPhones they feel like something from the Early Learning Centre.  Re-sale value is not bad on the S4s.  If I sold mine I would probably be out of pocket about £30.  But hey, if you're happy with an iPhone.  That's all that matters.

Just to add, I am not an Andoid fanboy.  Yes, my last three phones were Android but I also own an iPod and MacBook Pro.  It is just Apple do too good a job of advertising e.t.c. and making people think they need an iPhone when there are better alternatives.

That way I can do my 32 mile circuit in two hours (aspergers).

I am planning to hit 16mph then build up incrementally to 64 miles since a lot of the really interesting circuits (invicta grimpeur or lakeland monster miles for example) are 62 miles.

Then (depending on gradients) I will be able to smash out a serious ride in 4hrs.

That's the aim.  I have a fairly decent capacity for endurance events, I'm just not fast.

I'd like to get faster but keep the ability to push on.

Everyone is different but the lack of user replaceable battery and SD card slot in Apple products (and the HTC-One) is an instant no for me.

Same here. I had a choice between more powerful Sony-Ericsson without a SD card slot, and a weaker one that takes SD cards. It was a no-brainer.

Also, going from Windows to Apple for the reason "virus and spam" is basically opening yourself up to the same problem.

A single operating system on a closed hardware platform.

No. He's opening himself up to the same problem: the user being an idiot. First, spam is not system-dependent, and you can get wagonloads of spam even on the most rudimentary Unix system, and second, most computer viruses rely on the user being careless or plain ol' stupid. I use Windows. My mother uses Windows. I never had a virus-related problem. Her, on the other hand... not so much. Explaining it to the daft bint didn't help.

The only saving grace of Macs is that the OS treats the user like a complete *fruitcage* retard. Anything beyond clicking those few colorful icons on the desktop requires arcane knowledge on par with demonology and decrypting Enochian language (the one used in the Voynich manuscript), but at least you can blow into the microphone when burning a disc to watch the flame icon flicker.

Today's rant.

People that ring up from the middle of butt*fruitcage* nowhere, off a mobile, with a cheap Bluetooth headset, then have the god damn audacity to *badgeress* at me because I can't understand a word they are saying when it's distorted to hell.

Today's rant:

Living in a desolate *suitcase* hole of a city (I have reasons, too numerous to point out).

Consolation prize:

Knowing that it is now 6 months until I have the minimum experience and requirements to progress and move away from said place filled with reject scum.

Suppose it could be worse, students are back at Uni and the new crop means more potential victims 'activity partners'

'FireKnife'

Can't say I've ever had that problem. If you can't meet up, you don't and maybe it's fate telling you 'move on'.

Rant:- if I say 'I don't want to know', strangely, that means I do not want to know. Funny how people get offensive when they want to tell you something grotesque and you have the audacity to not want to hear it.

Useless police aftercare , my mate has finally. Been put in a safe house no thanks to the police . 8 rounds of 45 through her bedroom wall narrowly missing her autistic daughter was not enough reason to move her somewhere safe !

After the council and social services involvement she has now been put in a safe house . So nw london has falling crime figures and less guns according to figures .not ! Try solving the Somali gang crime problems instead of hiding them and maybe things might get better .27 stabbings , 8 murders and 10 shootings in a six month period in one area and not one of them makes the headlines .

A targeted attack or unfortunately in line of fire?  What are her walls made of?  I always thought British people were pretty safe from wall penetration compared to American walls that are barely made of anything.

My issue for today.  People. Urrgh.

A targeted attack or unfortunately in line of fire?  What are her walls made of?  I always thought British people were pretty safe from wall penetration compared to American walls that are barely made of anything.

My issue for today.  People. Urrgh.

Yeah, I remember the watching an American TV show called Smash Lab about toughening houses to resist tornadoes.

I believe their 2 recommendations were:

1 Cover trailer homes in carbon fibre and tie them down (because everyone in a trailer home can afford hundreds of square feet of CF).

2 Build houses out of double layered brick.

That second one stopped me for a moment, I thought "that's stupid, what else are you going to build them out of - Oh - America".

Generally speaking in the UK a modern home will be timber construction with a single skin of brick which will stop pistol bullets fine.

An older home will be double layered brick with an air gap or injected insulation which is even better and may stop lighter rifle rounds.

Some older places will be a big chink of cut sandstone or limestone which will stop damn near anything.

It's very rare to see a weatherboarded house.

Useless police aftercare , my mate has finally. Been put in a safe house no thanks to the police . 8 rounds of 45 through her bedroom wall narrowly missing her autistic daughter was not enough reason to move her somewhere safe !

After the council and social services involvement she has now been put in a safe house . So nw london has falling crime figures and less guns according to figures .not ! Try solving the Somali gang crime problems instead of hiding them and maybe things might get better .27 stabbings , 8 murders and 10 shootings in a six month period in one area and not one of them makes the headlines .

And that's in a country that banned rifles, shotguns, pistols, swords, knives, ninja stars, butterknives, prop bat'leths, toy guns and shoots people for carrying table legs or rushing into underground trains! Utterly preposterous!

Also, my spine, sweet Jesus, ouch! I could understand it acting up while lifting a bag with 50 pounds of guns in it, but not a messenger bag with four sandwiches, two notepads and a portable hard drive!

This was a targeted attack on a house in Camden road . The bullets penetrated the outer / inner walls / with some ending up in the loft area or wedged in the hallway walls . Her daughter actualy got grazed by one of the bullets .

One of her sons retaliated and is now in custody for beating one of the gang members to a pulp .

This has been an ongoing problem in the kings cross / Camden area for a few years now that is getting worse day by day . There is Turkish , Somali and black / white gangs fighting for ownership of the drug/ turf rights to the areas.

The only blessing is that the innocent family will now be moved out of the area .

The problem will still persist though until the police pull their finger out and clamp down hard on crime in the area . Brook kinsella lost her brother to it , who is next ?

*fruitcage* war on drugs.  The government is told time and again by experts, decriminalize at least to some extent but they are too stupid to take the advice.  It would remove drug gangs power and stop making them ridiculously rich.  Money that could be going into our economy.  

It is high time that the laws for guns / knife crime are enforced to their maximum sentencing levels .if it means disrupting kids/ adults life's by searching them so be it innocent people may face some inconvenience but I think that is preferable to another death . . At the moment using / carrying a knife does not gain you a significant sentence, or not significant enough to deter their use by today's youths .

Archived