My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Dear Google.  Please stop *fruitcage* up YouTube.   I mean seriously, what the hell are they thinking?  They are slowly killing it, update by update.  It's shocking how it currently exists.  The bubble will soon burst I feel.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah it is sadly their baby now and in this new world of 'oh everyone must use a tablet' that Microsoft and Google think we are in they keep streamlining stuff and making it suck *albatross*.

As for me items from RM still haven't arrived. The only excuse I would accept is 'the van carrying your item crashed and we are doing our best to sort it out'. But at least then I would still like to be given that reason on the Track and Trace page, not 'item is being progressed through our delivery system'.

'FireKnife'

As for me items from RM still haven't arrived. The only excuse I would accept is 'the van carrying your item crashed and we are doing our best to sort it out'. But at least then I would still like to be given that reason on the Track and Trace page, not 'item is being progressed through our delivery system'.

Oh yeah? It's been a month since my parcel left China and while the China Post can still track it, the local postal service willfully deleted it from its tracking system as a month has passed. What the *fruitcage* is this *suitcase*, seriously?!

But that was an import. This was from one part of the country to the same country with no importation or anything. However they have claimed that 3 days is 'acceptable' for First Class delivery? Why bother paying for it then when on average Second Class is here in two?

Silly, silly company.

'FireKnife'

A friend of mine showed me a photo of a Cyma Galil yesterday. Only then it occurred to me that the Chinese Assault Rifle from Fallout 3 is a beat-up Galil with a RPD foregrip and a leaf sight bolted to the middle of the bolt cover. And I have no idea where to get 160 quid for a Cyma Galil. Because I already have a RPD foregrip and I would really like to put it to some use.

He was pretty distraught about it and still a little bit confused why I didn't blow up in his face about it. End of the day me getting mad won't change things and the loss of 3 hours sleep was the biggest thing I was annoyed about. Still, all sorted now and it's something I can use to take the at a later date.

Failed two exams in a row and I am currently having much fun balancing the other side of me with the aspect of waiting for a lecture and trying to write a short discussion paper.

The other side of me is currently considering options I rather not discuss.

Also, I keep denying myself opportunities to get on a field for the most mundane of reasons, and it is not helping me one bit.

Azubi, I take it that he is not a mate to exploit for Eastwind with this feeling of "he owes you big time"?  Then again, I am sure the vehicle owners would be terrified of letting him near the fuel cans. :D

• 2 weeks later...

So my P228 got out of Hong Kong, and that means those incompetent tits from the local postal service have until Thursday to find it, scan it in, check it out and deliver it. Enough that they permanently lost 14 quid worth of cheap bling already and don't even want to assume responsibility, as it conveniently disappeared before being entered into the local system.

I feel a post in the bitching thread coming on ;)

What are you, a prophet? The incompetent tits at the customs facility indeed cannot find it for the third working day in a row. On Friday, they're closed. If they lose this parcel, I am going to unleash hell on their asses.

Supposed to go and fail a quiz, then sit through lectures till 4, like most thursdays, except soon after I am supposed to sit by the trunk of a vehicle and hand out candy at my church"s (I do not attend it anymore) trunk or treat, which is basically where kids get all the candy without the life lesson of how to politely knock on someone's door instead.  Used to be just a marathon of hundreds of kids going around the 30+ cars/trucks on a cold/windy night, with me and my cousin chatting about games whilst handing out 1400+ pieces of candy (one arm dies for a week afterwards).

Except it is supposed to rain all day and night, and we only have like 14 groups signed up.  We might be forced inside the church, which is a nightmare, and since my mom is one of the custodians, will just give her unnecessary messes to deal with.

Sigh...

"Trunk or treat" sounds like something a pedophile might say.

Also: the Very Important Server at work took a dump and refuses to work, the local postal service can't find my HK parcel for the fourth day nor deliver two local Express parcels that must have been shipped on Monday (Tuesday at the latest) and I'm completely knackered.

Yeah, it does sound like that.  You got all these other places such as schools, farmer's markets, and car dealorships doing similar events now, so the complexity/enthusiasm for the event has died quite a bit at the church, despite the size of crowds that show up.  Parents just walk their kids through the line and then move on to another event or take them home.  Sure, it is "safer" and provides those kids who can't normally go out to get treats (orphans and the like), but I remember when it started that it was just the prelude to a night of touring the neighborhoods.

Heck, it used to be one could dress up the car or truck in whatever theme they like, and people handing out candy would dress up as well.  Then one year it was "try to be church themed" and "don't dress up scary".  This occured shortly after the year I dressed up in a ghillie suit and sat motionless in a chair.  I do ponder how my cousin dressing up as the Joker will fare this year.

Still raining here, makes me wonder if the sub-pump well in the basement has already flooded.  I am currently sitting on the hard tile floor of a hallway, awaiting to sit with a daze through a lecture.

Mike_West, if this server is the same one that keeps acting up, you may need to "ensure" its replacement.  Of course, from what I understand of the situation, the "insert long slur of words" idiots would refuse to do so/fail at that task as well.  As for the post, take over the post vehicle and find out which corner of it they stashed the parcels away?

Sigh, does anyone look forward to the weekends anymore, or have we all finally progressed to "every day is monday, move on with it".

Mike_West, if this server is the same one that keeps acting up, you may need to "ensure" its replacement.  Of course, from what I understand of the situation, the "insert long slur of words" idiots would refuse to do so/fail at that task as well.  As for the post, take over the post vehicle and find out which corner of it they stashed the parcels away?

No. The problem is that the Important Web Service at my work is scattered across three or four servers, and despite them being fairly new, all ###### out in the most inopportune moments.

Plus, even if the nitwits at the post office finally found my SIG, they haven't delivered two things I ordered sent as priority mail, that should have arrived yesterday at the latest. One of those was a birthday gift for a friend of mine, just to make things worse. The other I'm not as bothered with, since it's a holster for the SIG.

EDIT: NOOOO! The SIG was held by customs. I have no idea why, most probably because the barstools at the customs office are forced to work today, and because of that they're making people's day miserable.

Demonstrative pronouns.

People of North Kent, listen to me.

There are only four demonstrative pronouns: This, that, these and those.

Please notice that "them" is not on the above list.

The sentence "Pass me one of them books." is not correct, it will never be correct and the follow up "You know what I meant." does not make it correct.

Although I do know what you meant, you meant "I am an ignorant *rickroll* who resents your education." and "Please lose all respect for me as a teacher." - consider it done.

First world problem. Two parcels waiting in customs (for charging), and as such, I'm checking on the hour, every hour, to see if they've been released. Ah well, brakes up the day.

Projectile poo. If anyone wants a picture, let me know (it landed on my leg, when I was changing, a two week old babies, nappy). I had to stop myself from laughing so hard, I was going to be sick. Landed on my shin (luckily, I had pants on). Must have travelled nearly a foot and a half.

Eeeuuuuurrrrrggghhh.

Demonstrative pronouns.

People of North Kent, listen to me.

There are only four demonstrative pronouns: This, that, these and those.

Please notice that "them" is not on the above list.

The sentence "Pass me one of them books." is not correct, it will never be correct and the follow up "You know what I meant." does not make it correct.

Although I do know what you meant, you meant "I am an ignorant *rickroll* who resents your education." and "Please lose all respect for me as a teacher." - consider it done.

I heartily concur.

Though, in the example sentence, "them" is actually functioning as a demonstrative adjective, rather than a demonstrative pronoun.

Turning it into a pronoun, "Pass me one of them", makes "them" correct, and just an alternative to "those" (dem. pro.).

Archived