My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Seriously Ollie? Most I've met have been pretty decent (even to the point of helping you, if you have a problem).

Rant:- when you realise that you're really a pistol kind of guy than a rifle bloke. But I just can't face that truth. Damn you Marui pistols (and, to a lesser extent, WE)!!!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The IT guy encapsulates most airsofters I meet.

You need to find better players, try a new site :P.

Rant:- when you realise that you're really a pistol kind of guy than a rifle bloke. But I just can't face that truth. Damn you Marui pistols (and, to a lesser extent, WE)!!!

Embrace the dark side. As with all things, we have cookies and many flavours of punch :D.

'FireKnife'

Seriously Ollie? Most I've met have been pretty decent (even to the point of helping you, if you have a problem).

Oh, I have a similar problem: I like pistols, but after I made a list of stuff I can rent for photoshoots, I noticed that I'm sorely lacking rifles - after all, I only have a M733, an ACM gas shotty, a tommygun, a Galil converted to the Chinese Assault Rifle from Fallout 3 and a Ruger 10/22. Yes, I'm saying "only".

Ebays no knife policy.

I'm in the market for a cheap folder, and know that eBay uk don't do knives.

Go on to .com, find knife that ships to uk, try to buy, and eBay says no as I'm trying to circumvent their rules.

It's getting and as a place to buy things, and I'm slowly starting to really despise the site.

Just ordered 2 other knives from alie actually, but they didn't have the other one I want, but thanks though :)

Exduct does I think, I just didn't want to set up 'another' account! It's dangerous!

Edit, didn't know of bronzemoon, they don't have it either :(

http://www.exduct.com/

I've got one of the Ganzo folders (this one - http://www.exduct.com/ganzo-g704-axis-lock-440c-blade-nice-fishing-camping-knife.html to be precise) and I'm pretty happy with it and some friends that are into knives say that they are amazing especially for their price and use pretty decent materials.

edit: damn I should read preavios post more carefully - though my point still stands - the knives are good and i got my delivered pretty quickly

Also, been re plumbing my shower today. It started with the 'drain' smell.

Pulled panels off, and the rtard who fitted it before I got the house had decided to stick 2 fingers up to gravity, and put the waste so water had to flow uphill.

He also put 2 fingers up to basic plumbing by jamming the wrong sized waste pipe (grey solvent fit) into the trap (white push fit), causing a slow, but steady leak.

I hope someone sews his bum up so he too can realise the perils of plumbing issues...

I hate plumbing.

I can do most other household DIY stuff fine - I'm competent at electrickery, happy to change over light fittings, switches, etc etc. Happy to dill holes in walls and put up shelves and build furniture, but plumbing really ###### me off. 

the sink in our kitchen drains really slowly - i've traced it to the actual external drain it drains into (if that makes sense) but i can't seem to get that clear. The main drains for this house are fine, if a little but succeptable to blocking. But its rented, and its always roots so the landlord pays for that.

This kitchen sink is starting to nark me right off, though.

Also, been re plumbing my shower today. It started with the 'drain' smell.

Pulled panels off, and the rtard who fitted it before I got the house had decided to stick 2 fingers up to gravity, and put the waste so water had to flow uphill.

He also put 2 fingers up to basic plumbing by jamming the wrong sized waste pipe (grey solvent fit) into the trap (white push fit), causing a slow, but steady leak.

I hope someone sews his bum up so he too can realise the perils of plumbing issues...

Or fold him in half and turn him into a one-man human centipede.

A human Ouroboros if you like.

People are annoying me.

Why can't we have a proper secular country?

Why do I have to take mandatory leave at zombie jesus week?

Why do I need to go to the shops all of a sudden, the rest of the year I can do everything on the internet but suddenly I need to go to the shops just when all the breeders and their badly behaved parasites are swarming all over the place.

I lost big time at till tetris today.

In B&Q (with all the morons in Kent) I chose what looked like the fastest line (based on number of customers and how many items they had) and ended up stuck there behind edge-case idiot after idiot.

1. Till girl offers guy a trade account and he fills the form in while we wait, until I stage whisper "Is he *fruitcage* kidding, there's a table over there <points>".

2. Pair of empty headed women buy a pot plant and then try to pay with a gift card, it is one of (literally) 8 they have between them, it takes the till girl a few goes to find which one has the money on it (the customers don't know) and then it turns out to not have enough money on it.  That's OK, take £2 off this one and 34p off this one and 8p off this one...  AAAAAAaaaaaaargh!

At this point another guy joins the queue behind me with a light fixture for a child's bedroom.  I say: "join another queue mate, by the time you get to the front your kid will have grown up and left home."  He laughs - my wife does not.

Till girl offers them a trade account - they ask a lot of questions about trade accounts.  I say "if you have to ask that, you aren't trade".  My wife scowls at me, the women leave.

3. Man in front of me gets to the till, leaves his wife standing there part-way through the transaction and wanders off to get "one more thing".  I don't know what it was but it must have been a *fruitcage* long way away because after about 2 minutes I tell the till girl to cancel his transaction and run my stuff through.

That earns me a nasty look from his wife and mine but who cares?

Finally I reach the front and put my things through, the till girl offers me a trade account I say "I'm not in the trade" she says OK, my wife says "yes you are sweety - you should get one".

I turn to her and say "I know, I just want to get the *fruitcage* out of here, OK?"

Now everyone is giving me nasty looks.

They should have different leave times for non-breeders during which periods children (under 21) and anyone with children is not allowed to be off work or go outside.

I went for a haircut today. What should have been an in and out in half hour thing as it usually is where I go was over 3 times that.

It was full of parents fighting to get kids of preschool age to sit still. One kid was wailing like a banshee and had one parent trying to pin him in the chair while the other was trying to bribe him with sweets and some *suitcase* cartoon playing loudly on a tablet.

Whoever is minding these kids during the week should be getting it done then, cause some of us have no choice but to go at weekends and we end up waiting an age because little timmy doesn't like it and won't sit down and shut his cake hole.

I hope to god they got charged double the girl on the chair next to him got 3 done in the time it took.

I am so glad my local B&Q has self service tills.  The plebs don't seem to want to use them so I always just breeze through.

Really?

The locals in your area must all be Nobel Laureates then.

Around here the "quick self service till" is like catnip to idiots who can't read, have 10046 items, have 12 kinds of fresh vegetables in one bag that they then have to tear open to weigh, have nothing but PLU coded baked items, have all reduced items, go to the card only one with a load of coins, have a load of booze or knives that require manager codes or some other such nonsense.

I saw a lady recently who placed her child on the bagging area which put the machine in meltdown "unexpected item in bagging area" but who then got in an argument with the staff "you can't tell me where to put my child".

"Erm, if you want your shopping you have to move him".

"Do you want me to put him on the floor?"

"Er, anywhere but the bagging area is fine."

Although, considering his probable genetic make up I would suggest in a weighted bag in the sea.

I went for a haircut today. What should have been an in and out in half hour thing as it usually is where I go was over 3 times that.

It was full of parents fighting to get kids of preschool age to sit still. One kid was wailing like a banshee and had one parent trying to pin him in the chair while the other was trying to bribe him with sweets and some *suitcase* cartoon playing loudly on a tablet.

Whoever is minding these kids during the week should be getting it done then, cause some of us have no choice but to go at weekends and we end up waiting an age because little timmy doesn't like it and won't sit down and shut his cake hole.

I hope to god they got charged double the girl on the chair next to him got 3 done in the time it took.

Should have "Zohan"ed the kid.

Sigh, this all reminds me of why I never go out in public unless ordered to.

Lots of stuff come up recently to make me lose my already lost marbles(it got relatively bad Friday morning at 2 am), just finished typing what no doubt is a disgrace of a paper, and my folks are going all "home improvement" currently.

Stunt, your posts have made me giggle. Just got in from a fairly nasty shift, and they have brightened me up!

Also, I seem to think and do the same as you at checkouts. My wife does not like me thinking out loud either...

As a firm believer and follower of 'Zombie Jesus', 'Zombie Jesus Week' is the greatest description of Easter I've ever heard. 

With regards to B&Q (other, better DIY stores are available) I've found similar anywhere. Chances are, if people genuinely are in the trade, they'll ASK for a trade account, or already have one. 

Quite why they're offering trade accounts to average joe's who are quite blatantly not in the trade (as proven by the fact they're using gift cards. to buy a plant) is beyond me.

Self service winds me up too - we've recently got 'Shop and Scan' at our local tescos, where you walk around with a handheld barcode scanner, and scan stuff as you put it into your trolley. Then you go to the Shop and Scan tills, and scan a thing, and pay for it all.

The amount of people that come in thinking its self service is ridiculous. There are giant, 2 foot tall letters above the tills saying Shop and Scan. 

Not good enough, that requires situational awareness.

What they need is a staff member with a hammer whose face is embossed with "shop and scan" hitting then in the head.  Hard.

Or one of those runner systems you see in sheep shearing sheds.

The people all filter down through a series of gates controlled by people with a brain until they end up in the right place.

For many that would be a euthanasia clinic.

It bothers me.

Have you seen "The Fortress"? It's a film where Christopher Lambert and his wife go to prison for unlicensed breeding after being caught trying to cross the border into Canada.

The American government is played out as the baddies because they make you have a license to have kids but it is a damn good idea.

I want to see more of that.

With means testing and entrance exams.

I also want to change the benefit system.  Starting with the name, "Benefits" is all wrong.  It should be called "Drawbacks".

I think the standard of living on a person on Drawbacks should be roughly equivalent to a young army recruit circa 1980.

Upon going on benefits you have all your possessions seized and sold (items with sentimental value assessed on a case by case basis).

You live in a 12 man room in an old army base.

Smoking is banned.

The day starts at 0600hrs with cleaning the block followed by classroom lessons (CV writing, getting a job, GCSEs etc.).

Then you are sent off in work parties to paint municipal property, collect litter, repair potholes etc.

You are allowed no cash at all, all food is provided by the canteen (and contains contraceptive chemicals) and all ablutions kit is communal.

If a job is found for you you go to the job, even if it is 500 miles away.

The army will be tripled in size, the increase mostly in the Engineers who will train for flood relief and construction by being allocated to civilian contractors as apprentices.

They will be sent all over the world repairing tornado, earthquake and flood damage and helping find trapped people/bodies.

Oh, yeah.

MPs will no longer be allowed expenses of any kind.  They will live in the "Drawbacks" sheds along side the unemployed and under the same conditions.

There will be no salary for being an MP and you will be bussed back and fourth between your constituency and parliament.

:lol:

stunt for PM.

I had a more realistic solution to thieving MPs. (people have probably had this idea before but anyway) House them all in a big flat/apartment complex.  There's hundreds of them in London.  Hell, build a new one specifically for them.  It will be cheaper than how much they rape the tax payer for.  All, mortgages paid, bills paid, no need to 're-do the kitchens' e.t.c.

This. I can't understand why we dont just have a block of flats for them. There's only 650 (according to http://www.parliament.uk/about/faqs/house-of-commons-faqs/members-faq-page2/ )

Thats at MOST 2 blocks of flats - less if we make them share. Who needs a whole flat each, anyway?

Wow. Lots of testosterone being thrown about in here, it's staining my man bag. Local BnQ has a trade till and I've never been asked if I wanted a trade account (when going to the normal till). Queuing doesn't bother me these days. I get a nark on, if some 'boob' decides to knock my child over (when she is close to my leg and holding my hand). Then I give a bit of abuse, but it's amazing how many people go deaf when in Tesco/Asda etc.

One pet hate is people who take there babies/children to the pub to have a drink. Not a meal, a drink (think up and you won't be far wrong). Leaving a baby (in a car seat) by the pub male toilet door, is also a *fruitcage* stupid idea. I do believe there should be some sort of test or exam you have to pass before you can have a child. As there are, an awful lot of idiotic people about.

Edit:- swear filter missed the swear word that describes a female (singular) breast.

Kids in pubs can vary...

We take ours, walk the dogs with friends and nip in to our local for a pint or 2 as it's about halfway, and then go home. Kids are quiet and we'll behaved. I'm obviously biased, but I don't see a problem there. A bit of fresh air before bath and bed seems to do them good :)

What I frigging hate though is kids running amok. Wife and I had our 2nd night out since our son was born, went out on a Saturday evening to a pub. Sat down, ordered food, and about half 8 a couple of families pitch up. Adults take a table and immediately start guzzling wine as fast as humanly possible, while around 10 brats take over the rest of the pub. None older than 10, on 3 tables driving other customers away as they can't sit to eat, and generally being little *suitcases*.

me off no end, there's a time and a place for kids in pubs, Saturday night isn't it. They all left around 2145. The parents may have heard me voicing my opinion throughout...

Archived