My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, have him do all the transformers. Won't affect me as I already know it will be pants (any and all future transformers movies cartoons). If you've enjoyed gambit in comic form (and maybe like me) and the old cartoon, then nothing will live up to that. It's like Ben Affleck playing batman, I reckon he might do a good job or be absolutely bloody terrible.

I originally thought Patrick Steward playing professor X, was a bad idea. I was wrong about that.

Sure, we look back on some some casting decisions everyone was apprehensive about and see how wrong we were. Heath stealing the show in Batman e.t.c. But I have seen nothing from that Meatheads previous acting efforts that make him even remotely suitable for Gambit.

I must admit when I first heard about Affleck I was like wtf? but I'm happy to see if he can do it justice.

I originally thought Patrick Steward playing professor X, was a bad idea. I was wrong about that.

But Patrick Stewart is flat out awesome. You could put him in any role and he could probably do it.

However this whole obsession with sticking these new American actors in roles that need better actors just makes me laugh. But I would guess that either they are cheap, the actor is one they can exploit to the typical moviegoer or the company funding the film has been told by the creators or owners of the material to pick them. I always wondered why they cast Colin Farrell in the role of Sonny Crockett in the Miami Vice film but Don Johnson actually recommended he play the role. Sometimes strange things happen.

'FireKnife'

I'm sick to death of *fruitcage* super hero films. Stuff for children made gritty so adults will watch it. Boring and shallow. 

Having said that I'd be up for the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool - providing it isn't "gritty". I want some comedic ultra-violence with frequent third wall breaking. To be fair that one coming out with the racoon thing looks pretty fun. Also I want HBO to make strontium dog into a tv series.

I'm sick to death of *fruitcage* super hero films. Stuff for children made gritty so adults will watch it. Boring and shallow. 

Having said that I'd be up for the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool - providing it isn't "gritty". I want some comedic ultra-violence with frequent third wall breaking. To be fair that one coming out with the racoon thing looks pretty fun. Also I want HBO to make strontium dog into a tv series.

Don't you mean fourth wall? :P

But yes a Strontium Dog the TV series or film and done properly would be a great idea. But then knowing what would happen if Hollywood got it we would have Johnny Alpha played by Robert Pattinson. <_<

'FireKnife'

So the screens in the kitchen weren't functioning this morning.

This means heaven forbid, we have to go back to the old method of printing tickets for food orders, except the kitchen printer is broken. So me with my wonderful BTEC in IT practitioner reroute all the printing to one till, requiring a runner to the kitchen with the orders. Some bright spark keeps bringing in duplicate tickets throwing the kitchen off. No screens means no food buzzer so I had to guess when there was food. Coordinator was shifting supposedly complete tickets to another gantry, except every other one wasn't complete but he'd have a go if I actually tried to check my damn tickets.

I'll point out the pub is actually massive, and we had all the usual builders who turn up on Friday show today, hooray for bank holidays.

This lasted about two and a half hours of service, bloody ridiculous that I was running the floor by myself, I couldn't clear tables and ensure my checks were done while running that crazy food rubbish.

I need a different job.

So I made the apparently fatal mistake of leaving my Russian Flora Kepi on the bench right outside one of my classrooms today.  Noticed immediately that I had forgotten it and walked back out, only to find it already gone.

As much as I want to accuse the horde of bottle collectors roaming around the halls these days, I know it is more likely that some drunk frat boy grabbed it.

I seem to be on the sinking ship that is karma, despite what little good I do.

Habakure, too true, to the point where I need a sign saying that hovering above my head.

Not really, bunch of kids in a car stinking of weed. Nicked at half 8, I didn't get out of custody until 0035, and got sent to more jobs until I finished at 0300.

What me off was we just pulled up for tea at around 2020, and got a shout to assist at said car as there were 4 lads that needed searching.

Drugs ruin your night, kids. Mine mainly!

*fruitcage* YOU SKY GO!

*fruitcage* YOU MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT!

What the *fruitcage* do I have to do to watch the damn F1?

Watercooled 4ghz octocore processor, 16GB of quality RAM, SSD, twin graphics cards and 100meg broadband and it still looks like *suitcase*.

I have tried crossfire on and off and removed the second card altogether.  All three of those configurations with the hardware acceleration on and off.

I have tried it in normal 5760 x 1024 and 3 x 1980 x 1024 extended desktop.

I have tried unplugging two of my monitors.

A normal Firefox window uses 2% of my processing capability, when silverlight starts it jumps to 24%.

Here's a comparison for you Microsoft.

I can watch 3 1080p Youtube videos on 3 screens AT THE SAME TIME with better quality than you can manage.  You need to fire some bitches.

Sky, you need to lose Silverlight.  Seriously, I get a better picture on my damn phone (on HSDPA not WiFi) than I do on my PC.  Sort your *suitcase* out.

Watching the race today I have to use my phone (5 inch 1980 x 1024) to read the screen captions.

You know the ones?  They come up over the pictures and tell you the split times and positions.

On PC you can't read them - you literally can't tell the difference between Button (BUT) and Gutierrez (GUT).  On the phone the graphics are about 2mm tall and easily readable.

I would get a better picture if I plugged my MHL cable into the phone and the other end into my monitor.

Except the MHL port is disabled in  the Sky Go app.

What the *fruitcage*!

Sky Go?  More like Sky Go *fruitcage* yourself.

*Edit*

Forget three 1080p videos at once on Youtube.

I just checked, I can stream 12 720p videos at once, 4 per screen, 3 screens with no stuttering.

I can watch 8 on 2 screens while I type this in a third, I have 18 tabs open in this window, no stuttering.

I will be watching all future Sky exclusive F1 races via the live stream on RTL (hooray for Germans - I love you) through my VPN while listening to the BBC radio 5 Live commentary.

I suspect I will also be able to do that on my Linux laptop (which "Sky Go *fruitcage* Yourself" does not support) from anywhere in the UK by tethering my phone's broadband connection.

To Sky:

Your "Go *fruitcage* Yourself" service is *suitcase*.  It is almost as *suitcase* as "Virgin Anywhere".  It costs a lot of money.  You could have sold Virgin just the F1 channel (which is possible with the Sky HD pack but not on Virgin) and I would have paid for it - you would have made money from me.

I am currently paying my mum £5 a month so she can upgrade to Sky Go *fruitcage* Yourself Extra and I can have her extra 2 devices.  That will stop, you will now lose revenue.

By paying £6 a month for a VPN I have screwed you.

I can watch anything I want from anywhere in the world via my excellent Virgin Media broadband.  I will never recommend you to anyone, ever.

I will be using my "geek power" to recommend the same to every one of the dozens of people that rely on me for "Tech Support".

You will lose revenue from them too.

I get a call at 6AM. Nobody sane calls at 6AM on Easter Sunday.

Guess what, it's a chick I know, hammered to high *fruitcage* and halfway back on booze and cough syrup, rightly freaked out that her rotten *bramston pickle* of a boyfriend dumped her for real (which I accurately predicted three days prior). I don't even remember the conversation, as anything you're trying to tell me at 6AM gets promptly redirected to dev/null.

Then she calls an hour and a half later. With the exact same results. But at 7:30 I'm lucid enough to message a close friend of hers on Facebook to check up on her today, as I'm over a hundred miles away, in the village of Buttcrack Wood (population... *looks outside* nine, maybe ten including me), up *suitcase* Creek, twelve miles away from the nearest town, with my only connection to the outside world being a 3G modem connected to what looks like an old TV antenna to help with the nonexistent reception.

Doesn't help that she's trying to get in my bed for three weeks now. But I still definitely would.

Stunt, please tell me that at least you got to avoid the mess that is visiting relatives for Zombie Jesus Day?  I've got to go to such an event later today, and I am stuck thinking about how to mess with my zealot of a sister.  Apparently German will not help me in that department.

I didn't have to go round to any relatives' houses today.

They all came here.

14 of them.

All my wife's family, they have just left and I am totally stressed out and off.

Zealots are tough to deal with around the most undead time of the year.

I ask them this:

Why was anyone surprised that Jesus came back from the dead?

He was presumably (the equivalent of) globally famous for bringing Lazarus back from the dead.  If I was an apostle I'd have organised a sweepstake on how long it took him.

If I was a Roman crucifix engineer I'd have liquidised him to at least make it difficult.

Ah well.

Good luck.

Archived