My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Only thing that annoyed me today were *suitcase* jokes. If you're religious, good luck to ya. If you're not, good luck to ya. But please, don't force me, to have an opinion, when I honestly couldn't care, if people do or do not celebrate a religious holiday. I've had religious and non-religious experiences, that have left me cold and wanting to scream. But I try not to brand all, with the same brush. But *fruitcage* me, today has tested my patience. It's none of your *fruitcage* business if my wife wants to go to church. Yes, I don't get it myself. But I don't get why people get engaged when they don't intend to marry. But, you know what, that's up to them. You want to know why my wife goes to church, ask her. Other wise, *fruitcage* off and leave me to watch the football you ignorant troglodyte.

The person who we asking me, is engaged, but won't marry, as then their benefits will stop.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got back and feel so knackered that I can only hope that there was nothing important I still need to do before tomorrow.

Sigh, I hate the last weeks of a semester.  Most folks are too excited to be done with it, but for me it is just awkward group projects, presentations, papers, and lots of depressing grades.

Of course, I still got the rest of the year full of classes , so when people ask me if I am ready to end this semester/ready for spring, it is very hard to not smack them upside their (often dazed) heads.

Why do so many people using e-Commerce on the internet to be such stupid ball-sacks?

I mean seriously in the last five days I have had:

1. A person not paying for an item after bidding and then telling me they planned to be in hospital so couldn't pay for at least 10 days after. Why bloody bid on it then and not tell me beforehand?

2. A person just flat out not pay for an item and then not even respond to my messages as to why. Opening and monitoring cases is a waste of my time that I could do without.

3. A person sending me the wrong item by quite a large margin. Not heard anything back from them so again waste of my time case.

4. A company not bothering to tell me, as I instructed, as to whether a number of items I have purchased have been shipped or not. Seriously I should not have to contact them to get an answer when it is explicitly in the instructions to do so.

It really gets my back up when people act like this. I think really there needs to be a more harsh system for this. Don't pay for an eBay item and don't respond at all? Cash comes out of your account, item is re-listed and you get one month to explain your actions and must have a damn good reason with proof (e.g. funeral, your child is born, you have broken all your fingers and can't press a few buttons to pay for something).

Same goes for companies that don't inform customers, even by a simple automated email etc. You get the money refunded and they are investigated for why the items are not sent. I always make sure that if an item is delayed beyond my control then the other person is made aware. Why is it so bloody hard, especially if this business is the source of your income?

'FireKnife'

This is very true, given that I am now also chasing up my deposit for my flat I moved out of one month ago.

Plus I am due a tiny refund from the council but I am not fussed about that as it is only £10-15 so that will turn up when it turns up.

However all the rest no excuse for what-so-ever. <_<

'FireKnife'

FK, speak to Shelter if you're being given the run-around. What they don't know about housing, isn't worth knowing. They can give you all the relevant acts and sections to quote at people to let them know you know your rights. They can only make deductions from your deposit for damage or losses directly caused by your tenancy.

Am going through the *suitcase* with my landlord at the minute. Trying to put up the rent 12 days before payment due saying it must be paid, and trying to charge us for him coming out to inspect the place when we reported an issue with damp.

Spoke to shelter, quoted relevant legalities, landlord shut the hell up.

Also took the opportunity to give notice of ending tenancy. Not paying any more a month to have to keep all my clothes in vacuum bags so they don't go mouldy. No way.

Yeah I have got that it is more the estate agents just being 'tards about getting my payment actually resolved and sent to me but thank you for the info for future reference.

Though they did so 'oh we will contact Scottish letting deposits (or whatever it is called) and get them to contact you. I have a feeling I will be phoning them again tomorrow and they will not bother to get it done today.

'FireKnife'

Well one good thing, one of the companies was quite nice after a quick phone call and they have shipped my order today. Something about Easter but no real reason why it could not have been shipped yesterday given that I did give instructions. So one issue down, one almost resolved, another item re-listed and just the final issue to deal with (doubt anything bar a typical eBay refund after so many days will happen with that one).

'FireKnife'

Had a gas (plumber/man/engineer?) Around of course the only time available was right before i leave for work. Thankfully he was only 25 minutes late.

Got to watch celebrity pointless though. Cant believe how bad they are, me and the misses would have won every question and got 3 pointless answers on the last question. Where as the celebrities get 100 for a bunch of questions.

Vodaphone.

I lost my phone in an unfortunate pocket security tested by falling over skiing scenario, without insurance - it was cheaper to buy out the contract than get a replacement phone.

So I get a new phone, new contract but want to retain my old number for work. Lost number becomes pay as you go sim card, gets transfered over and boom. Nothing. Absolutely no phone ability beyond a camera with a nice alarm clock built in, but I can't connect to data, only wifi.. Vodaphone can't fix it and i've done the following steps, calls take place about once a week:

1. Called customer services - told that they would activate the sim card - nothing happened

2. Called customer services, explained I called and nothing happened - told that they would activate the sim card and the case is "elevated" - nothing happened

3. Called customer services, explained I called and nothing happened twice - told that they would activate the sim card and the case is "elevated"  - nothing happened
4. See above (at this point I start asking to speak to customer services to make a complaint - I get to wait 10 or so minutes in a queue before being returned to the same guy reading off a crib card, or get cut off)

5. See above

6. See above, repeat a few times, during one call they send me a new sim card, which STILL doesn't work, i call every 48 hours now for a week..

7. See above - this one the costumer care rep was rude, so I asked to speak to her manager.

8. Manager calls me back, explains the case is elevated (Presumably the case has been elevated to the CEO's desk by now)

9. Manager calls me, telling me the case is being worked on

10. Manager calls me, telling me.. the case is being worked on

11. I finally get time off work to go into the Vodaphone store, they try to 'activate the sim', try it in a different phone, try the old sim in a different phone and still NOTHING happens.

The guy in the store gave me a number to tech support that just takes me to someone I called at point 4 or 5. I also have an address at this point for head office, and I sent them a letter on Monday explaining all of this, asking for release from my contract to go to another provider and reimbursed the £150 odd i've now poured into a non-functioning phone.

(Meanwhile i'm paying £30 a month for this paperweight)

Hmm, must admit Vodafone have never given me a single issue ever that wasn't fixed by either a simple call or a pop into the shop (and even then it has only been three times and all three are very minor, nothing bad).

Also seems like my payment issues have been resolved bar one and that is just the usual *rickroll* that doesn't pay for eBay items so I will simply report them, get the fees taken off my monthly payment and re-list the item.

'FireKnife'

Hardcore, ask Vodafone to send out a sim to you. You can do something called a sim swap for when a sim card is faulty. Ask for a sim swap.

"during one call they send me a new sim card" - Done. Still didn't work. Tried the store clerk's sim in my phone to see if it was the handset.

Vodaphone have been great for the years i've been with them, one little blip that became a months worth of problems.

When they sent you a new sim, did they do a sim swap? Or did they say they had cancelled the old sim card and that the new sim card would need registering?

Edit:- with a sim swap you need three sim cards.

The existing SIM card with your number on.

A new SIM card with a new number on it (this will be moved later).

And a blank SIM card (the new SIM cards number will be transferred to this sim).

Also, when you ring your number (the number that was on a pay as you go sim) does it go to voicemail or does it ring, or does it say disconnected? Maybe pm me and I'll see if I can help. I use to be point of contact for people who had problems with their mobile phone and I'd chase the issue up with the network.

Got called back to my old job suddenly yesterday, had to deal with idiocy all day.

About to go fail a German presentation.

My mother has been told it is likely she has type 2 diabetes and she has to test for two weeks to see what level it is at.

The last one concerns me more obviously, although now she worries that I am next.

I've got a whole weekend of airsoft planned starting tomorrow morning. So to get ahead with prep I decided to charge my batteries last night, only to find my lipo charger is *fruitcage*ed and as I'm working today I can't get a replacement in time. Hopefully I can find my old nimh stick batteries and get them charged in time

The apple cake sprung mold all over it in record time of three days, vegetable salad gave me a nasty case of food poisoning on Wednesday, and the cheesecake looks deceptively edible, with the emphasis on "deceptively".

Also, that chick I know canceled our meeting tomorrow.

And my back hurts.

And I'm stuck at work til 5:30.

I've got a whole weekend of airsoft planned starting tomorrow morning. So to get ahead with prep I decided to charge my batteries last night, only to find my lipo charger is *fruitcage*ed and as I'm working today I can't get a replacement in time. Hopefully I can find my old nimh stick batteries and get them charged in time

Where do you live? I'll lend you one.

And my back hurts.

Well now your fingers are going to hurt because you just pulled blanket stitching duty.

Wait.

No.

Archived