My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Aye. So many people are posting about how its a "toy" gun and they'd be able to recognise it as a replica. Makes my blood boil. An officer with experience in armed response would struggle to tell the difference on RIFs, its kind of the point...

Guy could've  easily had a knife, a baseball bat or a brick. In fact from the sounds of it he was able to use his own physique as a weapon.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where to begin...

So, cleaning up after the local sheriff's golf outing today with two others, get told that a huge storm is approaching as we are finishing up the majority of the carts (a few still had bags on them because the people using them usually have their league night today as well).  As the skies start to darken, one of my two bosses comes out, walks to where I am (a bit of distance from the proshop) and goes "Tommy Gun, if that storm hits us, we are done for the day, no more carts going out, lock it down." 

So, I proceed to haul *albatross* like mad, directing the younger lads to start pulling cables through the cart rows, I myself running to move the range markers, lock the range machine and picker down.  In the howling winds I start trying to sort the cans picked off the course by the starters/rangers, 2 trash bins full, as the bolts coming down are already are nearing the driving range.  I end up having to go inside with everything done save for those last few carts.  I figure that I can send the other lads home, and if I had 10 more minutes, I could have had them gone before the bolts hit.

Inside, I listen to all these league members (who mind you the majority just got done playing 27 holes) boo-hooing about the storm, getting more drunk and gambling (illegal, but the sheriff gives zero *suitcases* because his wife runs a table for her own league to begin with).  Tons of inside staff are just milling about, we had way more than needed at this point.  Most started saying that we'll probably be working late, and I start going "wait, I was literally just told by ..... that we are done for the day" to which these layabouts laugh and walk away.

Yep, turns out that despite some leagues already canceling for the night, a bunch refuse to leave and we are reopening the course.  So, I get to pull all the cables back again, unlock the range, get sent out to squeegee the greens, and get stuck waiting around for these people to go out and drunkenly hit their brand name golf balls before it rains again.  One of the kids was scheduled to leave at 5, so he was already gone, the other was supposed to close with me, but got sent home at 8, which was an hour before the majority of the carts came in and the rain started to drop again.

The point I want to make is this.  While I have experienced having to watch countless times as all the work I did cleaning up after a large golf outing goes out the window, rain or shine, never, in my 5 years of working at this shithole have I ever had one of my bosses flat out lie about something as important as shutting down everything.  I would not have had the lads out in that steadily worsening weather doing the work that got made redundant, nor would I have bothered to rush about as well in such conditions, were it not for this supposed boss of mine literally telling me to do so.

For *fruitcage*'s sake, if I can't even be given correct orders for such decisions, how am I supposed to react as events like severe storms enfold?

Honestly, I just want to quit and deal with the remainder of my year at the house, dealing with coursework and whatever nonsense occurs.  Just talked to the folks and they seem to not care if I quit, but I know my father will just rant about me being no good.  Of course, since I never will succeed in life, that is already a given.

Got to go back tomorrow, but I really just want to give my 2 week notice (if not for that law I would be done right now).

Ouch, and I thought me dealing with a 50/50 chance that the *Ubarflock* at Royal Mail might destroy the Glock 18C I sent was bad.......

I personally would quit, focus on studying, hope for a decent job and improve your life on your own terms.

Look at it this way, a nutter like me has been in two well paid jobs for three years :P.

'FireKnife'

...So many people are posting about how its a "toy" gun ..

This same thing happened near me (Potterne, Wiltshire) about a month or so ago - the two guys made off with about £30. The local paper had a good dig at them, the locals had a good dig and noone really got that bothered about it. Rural life eh?

At least my local site owner was suspicious of anyone with just a pistol and paying green fees with £30 ;)

Never make a decision on an empty stomach.

I've just found one of my troop is away, without telling anyone, and is currently in the local town 30 minutes away. He was given 45 minutes to get into work - and failed to attend because he was at his missus' hospital appointment. Hopefully his section commander has calmed down before he gets destroyed tomorrow morning.. I'm bringing popcorn.

So, the other boss sees my notice note addressed to the idiot boss discussed earlier, and pulls me aside to his office for a "chat".

He starts talking about how everyone (staff, customers, stockholders, etc.) love having me there, how I do such good work, how I apparently enjoy my work, how I have a great opportunity there, and so forth.  He also asks about yesterday, to which I figure he thinks is the only cause of my abrupt resignation.  Talks about how he welcomed me back once already (based on a letter of resignation I wrote my first/second year because back then I was told that was how you ended a work season) and how if I leave now, he will find it hard to take me back again, and I shouldn't be too hasty to cut down bridges.

He refuses to let me just be done with it and tells me to wait till tomorrow to decide, to go and talk with the family again, see if I can just work a few days a week instead in regards to my studies.  At the end of the chat, he reminds me that he is always there.

It was incredibly hard to sit there with a straight face, I have to say.

The *fruitcage* is playing mindgames with me, and I should just say to hell with it all, but the whole "this is all you have" fact is daunting.  My mother (who btw had to mow the yards whilst sick because I wasn't home) basically said just now "*fruitcage* them, they pay you *suitcase* to begin with."

So, between a rock and a hard place, and quite close to losing control of my sanity.

You can't let people take advantage of you, and if your job makes you feel under-valued and not respected, you should find something else. It's not good for you to feel like that, and at this point they probably need to learn a lesson.

The problem is, it is sort of hard to determine both value and respect when I already am the sort of person who finds themselves worthless to begin with.

As for them learning a lesson, they never would.

In the end, I would already have to leave around august, so it is not like I would miss 10k or something.  Mother already thinks she could get me to apply for a store in town to do stuff like stocking and whatnot, but I am unsure if I could even handle that.

Go into work, say you resign (maybe state it is down to bullying, as that's what it is coming across as). Say it to the boss who treated you like *suitcase*. This is a hasty thing to do, yes, but is there other work elsewhere (near where you live or within acceptable traveling times)? Am betting there is work for the same amount of pay. If your able to stand up, to the very people who are trying to take advantage of you, it will give you confidence (hopefully not cockiness).

Hard decisions are not easy but if something is making you miserable (and you can find employment elsewhere) then leave. Depression is a killer, don't get caught in its miserable web. Easy to say, that goes without saying, but it is a very important subject and one not to be taken lightly.

Good luck.

The problem is, it is sort of hard to determine both value and respect when I already am the sort of person who finds themselves worthless to begin with.

Thing is you clearly don't as otherwise you'd take it like a *badgeress*. Quit the job, finish your studies and leave home... it gets better. #YOLO and all that

Just found out that apparently my bigot of a father is against me quitting, so now I can't.

It is always that *fruitcage*, he can't stand for anything but his own opinion.

EDIT:  I should have scanned and uploaded the note he left for me to read, instead of tossing it.  About as comical as listening to my boss yesterday.  Also, Habakure, mother was sure that I would make far more anywhere else, the local McDonald's pays more to begin with, and the store she thought I should go towards probably would have payed me up to $10 within a year or 2.

What the *fruitcage*?

How old are you Gunmane?  I don't want to come across as a knob head mate, I've seen your posts on here for a long time and to me you are "one of the good guys" but in all seriousness you seem to be trapped in some feudal/redneck *suitcase* storm but that trap has been sprung by you.

If you are any older than about 13 you need to take control of your life.

Your utter lack of drive and self worth makes me want to scream.

I also want to get on a plane and beat seven colours of *suitcase* out of damn near everybody you have ever met but that won't help.

I am happy in life.

You want to know the secret?

Bravery and conviction.  I wasn't born into money.  My family isn't as toxic as yours but they aren't the Waltons either.  I basically made a complete mess of my early years by being a whining little loser.

I'm happy because I have always been prepared to throw my whole life away fro a chance at something better and it has paid off.

You seem utterly convinced that your life couldn't possibly be any worse - prove it.

Pull the pin, (grenade metaphor - I am not advocating actually using explosives) throw your entire life down the toilet and start again.

Move out, go to a new town (preferably somewhere with less retards in it) and begin your life on your own terms.

Never speak to your family again.

Just because you are related to them doesn't mean you have to like them.

This. ^

I disowned half of my family a few years ago as I was getting nothing but emotional and physical abuse from my alcoholic father.

Doing much better now by a whole heap. Wouldn't have happened if I was still living with him and putting up with his bull *suitcase*.

Every journey starts with a single step...

Eh, just go to London and start beating people up with a stick. Should get the attention of the Met and net you a police job.

Failing that go to Eastbourne, be nice to the old folks and become a police officer and have the easiest and mostboring job ever listening to the old folks go on about stuff until you become one of them.

'FireKnife'

Eastbourne is full of chaos being sick in each other and fighting after coming back from Brighton up mate.

Also rant of the day people who you are at the beck and call of as a favour for for about a week and a half and they don't do anything in response no thank you no nothing ut someone turns up to say hi and they get their meal paid for and everything is wonderful because they did it. People are bellends

Rant two people that don't *fruitcage* listen that have to get you to repeat information thousands of *fruitcage* times. Iv already told the stupid *Ubar* when I'm. Planing Mon the move twice already told her that my mother has all the move stuff sorted and her house is empty. Already told them that I'm. Now waiting on approval from the gov to do it the way we want to. Yet I get hassled and have to regurgitate this infomation to everyone of her space tars friends and family because she is too *fruitcage* thick to think and apparantly all her circle need to know exact times not just oh middle of X month.... because everyone apparantly needs my whole plan.

Yeah, people tend to want detailed plans for the silliest of things.  Hard to imagine anyone gets anything done with so much clutter thrown up by others.

As for the previous posts, I am glad you all are such good folks to put up with my rants.

Off to a field though hopefully tomorrow, so that will take my mind off things. 

Toilet attendants in bars/clubs. What exactly is there purpose? They don't stop people from doing drugs as they would just use the stalls.  I can't see the point.  Is it just to make you feel bad if you don't throw some coins in their pot?

Never seen one that wasn't black, I thought it was a requirement or something.

There's one round here I proper despise as he actually turns the hand dryers off at the switch just so he can provide a single sheet of blue roll and get some money out of you for it.

I do like to get aftershave off of toilet attendants and also sweets, maybe even an ego boost (I know they're lying, but it still gives an extra stride to my step). The last one I saw was in a bar called revolution (it's a chain thing) and he was originally from Iran (yes I talked to him and he was studying at john moores blah blah blah).

Rant:- nothing. I have nothing to rant about. That's my rant.

Archived