My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

No spray, no lay.

No splash, no gash.

No armani, no punani.

I have switched it back on at the wall before. They always seem quite put out that I want to use the facilities provided for me by the bar I'm buying drinks from.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still trying to make the 40R Ike jacket fit my barely 41 inch chest. Of course if there was an affordable 42R one, I'd buy one, but that was either a shady Singapore repro or something that I suspect was a 42S, so the sleeves would be way too short. And the one I have? It appears to have been modified, and not really carefully at that.

I do always enjoy toilet attendents for one thing.

All the macho blokes suddenly unable to just take a with someone watching. It is like the hard-man image suddenly shatters :P.

My rant for the day? Still have that thing with RM but as my other gun sold locally I don't have to worry about them cocking that one up if I did send it etc.

'FireKnife'

People parking on *fruitcage* corners.  Near me, over the past few years people have taken to parking all around corners forcing you be on the wrong side of the road of a blind corner.  I approach them them cautiously even if it's my right of way and the cars are on the other side. But apparently this is too much of a struggle for some people and coming zipping round them ridiculously fast.  One day I'm going to have a head on collision and I had better catch that *Ubar* on my dashcam.

These are the people that traffic wRdens should be giving tickets to , not the poor soul who stops in a resident bay for 5 minutes to unload . If I was involved in an accident were a guy was parked illegaly on a corner , zig zag etc I would make sure I damaged their car or swerved into it on purpose to try to avoid a head on crAsh !! They wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally or with their insurance company ..

I think only parcel force will take air guns/RIF's now FK. I had an interesting conversation with my local post office today. I'll post the link from parcel force here:-

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-information/sending-advice/prohibitions-and-restrictions

Scroll down to the ammo bit. It would appear that GBB RIF's/mags are a no-no but it depends what they class as a cartridge.

Edit: looks like someone needs to clarify what an air gun is, to my local post office:-

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/prohibited-goods-uk#restricted

Scroll down to 'guns for sporting use'. But it does say they may be inspected if they are suspected to being a restricted 'gun' and must be sent first class (cheeky gitts).

I have read up on all of that and they still have given me the same arrogant BS that I would expect from them.

To be honest they also claimed to 'inspect every parcel that goes through their system' yet I call balls on that as how come my pistol got here unmolested?

It all just seems like typical RM to me, doing the minimum they can to get by as a service and then actioning things without approval or acceptence.

Either way I still need to get on to them tomorrow morning and politely ask where my item is. If they say still awaiting examination I will give them until Friday, if they say it is sent out to me or the recipient then the same. If they say the whole thing was destroyed without my consent (I requested that I am contacted on the chosen outcome BEFORE it happens) then I will fight them for it and I will make sure they give me something back or I will find a way to get it back.

No service can be this inconsistent and pathetic yet get away with it.

'FireKnife'

Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

1. These items must be sent on an express48 service only

2. These items must be sent via the Post Office® only (not via any other channel e.g. www.parcelforce.com, call-centre, reseller or Parcelforce Worldwide depot).

3. Enhanced compensation cover is not available (low-powered air rifles, air guns or air pistols and lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive cover for express48).

Note: Low powered air weapons are defined as air rifles, air guns or air pistols capable of discharging a missile so that the missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy not in excess, in the case of an air pistol, of 6ft lb. or, in the case of an air weapon other than air pistol, of 12 ft. lb. Any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system is a prohibited weapon and cannot be sent.

I do know that if they suspct gas, it gets seized. It's why I don't send anything via Royal Mail when it comes to airsoft stuff (more a precaution and not based on solid facts).

I think we forget that from the untrained eye, we have a firearm in our possession (be it gbb or aeg). Now, a lot of people don't want to touch a firearm or even a replica one. We know it's not a real firearm but an awful lot of people would see a gbb pistol and *suitcase* themselves. For all intensive purposes it looks real (as that's how we like it) and that's what we should keep in mind. Not everyone feels safe round replica guns, especially if they think they're real (untrained eye).

In your case FK, you've followed the rules (but I couldn't find mention of having to mark the parcel as a rif. Something I thought you had to do for insurance but it doesn't say so on th website. Weird) so they are at fault and should act accordingly. Good luck and. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Edit:- baddbaz, that's the first link I just posted.

Thank you, as what worries me is that if this really was the way they did things why have the (easily) 100 odd other pistol that are sent to people on a weekly basis not been seized or acted upon?

Is that an omissions of them not doing their job properly or of them making it up as they go along?

Though oddly enough the last three case I have seen of items being stopped all involve Glocks? Weird I know and a pure coincidence but it is odd.

Still whatever the outcome and now that I have a bigger player base and shops to go buy from nearby I might just stick to local sales only and using RM at a push (they have also lost some of my Lego stuff in the past week so maybe the local office is just ###### poor?) for things like AEGs mags which are just a funny shaped metal box and a spring (though I have all the mags my winter gun needs anyway).

Also if there is supposed to be this kind of "PF are the worldwide courier to RM" why do they have widely different standards of what can be sent given that it probably all gets shoved down the same channels anyway?

'FireKnife'

It does, but then I can also just not use them too :P.

To be honest the post around here does seem a bit poor quality. Big issue I find with RM (and other country wide services, like Tescos) the quality of service is still down to how bothered people can be to deliver the items you order in a decent manner. Not great when other people rely on such a service though.

Still can't complain too much given that I now can actually go to a physical shop and touch a gun before buying etc than getting RM to half-*albartroth* it up to me with the packaging all scuffed (that however has happened to me wherever I was in the UK, just pot luck on if you got the nice postie or the bell-end that was lazy and just coasting through the job knowing they won't sack him as only another bell-end would replace him).

'FireKnife'

These are the people that traffic wRdens should be giving tickets to , not the poor soul who stops in a resident bay for 5 minutes to unload . If I was involved in an accident were a guy was parked illegaly on a corner , zig zag etc I would make sure I damaged their car or swerved into it on purpose to try to avoid a head on crAsh !! They wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally or with their insurance company ..

I should add this is in a quiet, Bucks suburb with no road markings.  I think it's only illegal if there are yellow lines.  It's just bloody inconsiderate.

It is an offence under the Highway Code . You are not allowed to park within 15 ft of a corner or junction . Lines or not ...

Isn't it 10m/30 ft?

On the other hand, most of the "rules" in the Highway Code are more along the lines of guidelines than actual legally-enforceable rules.

Parcelfarce are a mostly privatlying owned company. RM own x percent and sort the packages for them but thats it.

The restrictions are basically as RM is a public carrier they CANNOT refuse to carry air weapons (they lost a court case) PF can.

I do doubt however that the 'no aditional insurance will pay out you can only claim up to the inclusive max of express48' I'd a clause that will stand up to scrutiny as it breaks the reasonable restriction smell test.

It needing to be the 48 service is because you cannot fly firearms or low powered air weapons and the 24 hour service is always flown but the 48 isn't.

Rant having *suitcase* joints that lock up and hurt all the time.

It is an offence under the Highway Code . You are not allowed to park within 15 ft of a corner or junction . Lines or not ...

I hope my local council don't get wind of this as parking is bad enough around here with spaces on the roundabout. Here's a pic from Google streetview

Screenshot_2014-06-24-10-10-19_zpswbf8zb

Archived