My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

The problem was different staff and prefects would drop you different numbers of rungs for the same infraction or sometimes multiple people would punish you for the same thing.

Highly unjust.

Talk about setting people up for life eh?

Unfair and widely varying systems based on arbitrary issues? Sounds like about every council, company and group I have had to deal with since becoming an 'adult'.

Also I really need a girlfriend. Not for the sex or anything like that (no-one wants to know that part) but for the general affection and to do those pointless things people do.

Now if only I could find a good screw and a good person in the same package that isn't marked 'XXXXL' or 'warning, may contain nuts (both kinds)'. Stupid first world issues.

Ah well time to go and take my mind off of it by flinging bits of plastic at 275-280fps in a strangers direction while he tries to do the same to me in a safe environment with eye protection.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a double pun right?

The naughty step works a charm on my daughter. It's not used for everything though (the countdown from 5 works for most things). When I did something quite bad (long boring story) I had all my lego taken away from me for a solid two weeks. It was hell. But I did learn not to do 'it' again.

I'm a firm believer of routine (down to set times for breakfast, dinner and tea) which is really important for bed time. Not all children are the same by an awful lot respond well to a stable routine. It's a bit military in its approach, but it works well.

Rant: might not be able to go the Star Wars convention on Sunday (in Manchester). Gutted. Tran are off by mine and my lifts car is kaput (clutch). Wife is busy and other mates have plans. Ah well, there is always next year. Save the money, always a good thing.

Wasn't an intentional pun, my subconscious is just that hilarious.

My brother won't eat a meal without making a fuss. When I'm looking after him he eats the lot because he knows if he doesn't it will be in the microwave for his breakfast and there will be no snacks until it's gone.

Some kids take the because they know they can get away with it.

That was a double pun right?

The naughty step works a charm on my daughter. It's not used for everything though (the countdown from 5 works for most things). When I did something quite bad (long boring story) I had all my lego taken away from me for a solid two weeks. It was hell. But I did learn not to do 'it' again.

I'm a firm believer of routine (down to set times for breakfast, dinner and tea) which is really important for bed time. Not all children are the same by an awful lot respond well to a stable routine. It's a bit military in its approach, but it works well.

Rant: might not be able to go the Star Wars convention on Sunday (in Manchester). Gutted. Tran are off by mine and my lifts car is kaput (clutch). Wife is busy and other mates have plans. Ah well, there is always next year. Save the money, always a good thing.

Routines do indeed work! Our boy has had one from 8 weeks, and is ace. 12-13 hours sleep a night from that age.

All our friends who have kids a similar age do the same too :)

Why write off a big chunk of the female population? Not all big girls are ugly.

I didn't say they were but there is a difference between 'nicely rounded' and 'can't find the hole' :P

But I do like a good size girl, too skinny and they have no cushioning.

'FireKnife'

Yeah I thought that was the norm due to the shallow depressions in the bases on the bottom?

Also dealing with both irritating companies and now my car has made a funny noice again (luckily it is an easy fix, means I can get new tyres at the same time too).

Ah well one good way to look at it, two things down in one go rather than two seperate trips.

'FireKnife'

How's this for a first world problem.  Dishwasher not drying stuff properly leaving little pools on tops of mugs.

Really it's all down to the design of the top rack.  If you are able to position cups and mugs canted at a bit of an angle, the problem is almost non-existent.  If however the rack design only allows stacking on the strict perpendicular... buy more dish towels.

Yeah, the rack doesn't have a sufficient enough angle to prevent it.  Well most of the rack anyway.

I was talking to someone who said their new one dried them but it probably just had a better designed rack.

Really it's all down to the design of the top rack.

Yeah, the rack doesn't have a sufficient enough angle to prevent it.  Well most of the rack anyway.

All I can think of is boobs now (and more but again I think I might get banned for putting what).

'FireKnife'

They don't dry the dishes but the water they use is so hot that the cups are sitting at the high 90s °C and the water evaporates off because of the heat.

Ok, I am almost thinking of boobs now.

Damn it, I would say I am slipping back into my 'old ways' but I hardly left them. :P

That is my rant, I need more chances to be well me.

'FireKnife'

Chipped bloody windscreens and insurance companies.  Something I had not realized before now is that different insurance policies will force different qualities of part replacement.

You would think if you have cracked windscreen, it just gets replaced for an identical screen right? Wrong.  They don't want to pay for a BMW OEM screen with all the rain sensor stuff.  Wtf? Check your policy folks.

You would have thought so.  Anyway, a few wasted hours and the insurance company seem have have given in.  I can't help but think of the people that just accept it and devalue their cars as a result.

Never, ever under any circumstances take the first offer from anyone.

My salary is bigger, my bills are cheaper, my house was less money, I made more on my old house and thousands of other similar situations throughout my whole life.

I'm thousands better off because I won't ever take the first offer.

Managers have all come up to me at various points in the last couple of days asking why I've not applied for Team Leader.

Well, I didn't know applications were open until the day before the deadline, also the day I learned I'd have to reapply, despite already having an action plan. Considering it was put to me as "You're not quite ready for Team Leader, but do this, this and this and we'll promote you as soon as we're confident you're ready". Instead of "Well you're not quite ready, do this, this and this and then go through the entire process again". Plus I know their favourites to promote, I don't feature, possibly because I already do all the work of a Team Leader but for an Associate's pay. I can't work harder for them. Better for them to promote someone who the badge will encourage to work harder and keep me as I am I guess. Sort of stuck myself in that one, might have to try less next time, which is difficult. Final reason is there's a 90% chance I'm moving in the next couple of months and I reckoned my pub manager will take it as two fingers up at her, plus it'd make transferring more difficult as I'd either need a TL position open or agree to transfer as an associate with a pay cut to boot (I'm paid more as an associate because of where I currently work and I'd keep that pay transferring as an associate, but to get demoted I reckon I'd also have to go to their associate pay or they just wouldn't take me).

And LWA sold out of Madbull Blues, they seemed the best price seller (I didn't check how much postage would be for them) barring overseas stores or ebay, neither of which I want to touch.

Archived