My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We used to have Scuzz on all the time back at uni.  Come back from a night out, TV on, switch to Scuzz.  Haven't watched it for ages but it seemed to have really gone down the toilet.  Black Veil Brides BS and clones.  WTF?

To be honest most 'alternative' music channels have now become *suitcase*.

Kerrang was ok back in the days of early Linkin Park and that (all of 11-13 years ago) but now it is just pointless. Haven't seen Scuzz in ages, perhaps that is for the best.

Now though if I wan to watch a music video there is always YouTube, back in early 2000s that luxury wasn't there so perhaps it is for the best.

'FireKnife'

Very true. Now you can just go on YT, create a play list on the fly and just listen to pure gold.  No *suitcase* songs you inevitably get on music video channels, not to mention bloody adverts.

Very true. Now you can just go on YT, create a play list on the fly and just listen to pure gold.  No *suitcase* songs you inevitably get on music video channels, not to mention bloody adverts.

Have you been on youtube recently?

So many ads.

I could well believe that you could make 13.8 days worth of hardcore battle metal....

Saying that I would have to periodically have songs like 'Danger Zone' and 'Somebody's Watching Me', not because they are amazing but because they would fit in well with how I would be playing on the day.

'FireKnife'

I could well believe that you could make 13.8 days worth of hardcore battle metal....

Come on, its not ALL battle metal.

I also have acid rap, black metal, blues, classical, country, D&B, dance, darkwave, death metal, electro house, electronica, funk, game soundtracks, general rock, goth, grunge, happy hardcore, heavy metal, hip hop, horrorcore, industrial, Nu-metal, power metal, pop, punk, reggae, ska, techno, thrash metal and trip-hop 

Yes, I just copied out my most of my iPod's genre list. ;)

In the words of the manager at my work that is 40 going on 21 "Some of that sounds *suitcase*".

However mine is often a mix of metal (in various, non-deathy forms), some 80s cheese, a little bit of general rock and indie, some classical and the odd comedy / video game song.

In fact as a kind of FML I forgot to charge my MP3 player, quick to the car to retrieve it now!!!!!!!

'FireKnife'

In the words of the manager at my work that is 40 going on 21 "Some of that sounds *suitcase*".

However mine is often a mix of metal (in various, non-deathy forms), some 80s cheese, a little bit of general rock and indie, some classical and the odd comedy / video game song.

In fact as a kind of FML I forgot to charge my MP3 player, quick to the car to retrieve it now!!!!!!!

'FireKnife'

Which bit in particular sounds *suitcase* ? I can then look and agree/disagree.

Also, added a comma I accidentally missed. Happy hardcore heavy metal is not a real genre. (or is it? I lose track)

Acid rap, D&B, dance, "darkwave", electro house, electronica, hip hop, pop, techno, and trip-hop.

The above basically, but then as with most things we all have our tastes. I just can't really stand much, if not all of the above. For the most part I like music to be made by instruments and have a purpose (atmosphere in a film for example or trying to be funny / poke fun).

Also I have no clue what 'darkwave' is #Google Search# ah that's ok but the rest, not in my books. Though 'pop' depends on era and definition as it is a rather loose term for 'what is popular at a certain time' and can end up encompassing other genres (like it did in the 80s etc).

'FireKnife'

Acid rap, D&B, dance, "darkwave", electro house, electronica, hip hop, pop, techno, and trip-hop.

The above basically, but then as with most things we all have our tastes. I just can't really stand much, if not all of the above. For the most part I like music to be made by instruments and have a purpose (atmosphere in a film for example or trying to be funny / poke fun)

lol  I don't even know where to start but if you are gonna knock others tastes I reccomend you don't describe yours as "mix of metal (in various, non-deathy forms), some 80s cheese, a little bit of general rock and indie, some classical and the odd comedy / video game song." beforehand ;)

lol  I don't even know where to start but if you are gonna knock others tastes I reccomend you don't describe yours as "mix of metal (in various, non-deathy forms), some 80s cheese, a little bit of general rock and indie, some classical and the odd comedy / video game song." beforehand ;)

Erm because that is what mine is, I am not going to list every single genre and subgenre that the various sings fall into as it would take too long...

Some of those will be just a few tracks in the collection. Usually acquired from compilations or soundtrack CDs.

Yes, some of it is *suitcase*. :P

I must admit I used to have that but then took to picking song by song rather than album by album. Saves me getting to the point where I am like 'nope skip that one' about 10 times in a row until I get a song I like.

But then I am weirdly conservative with my music and half the time still even skip some of the songs that I like and put on there for that exact reason. However I am sure some people will not agree with my selection, even I must admit I think my present MP3 player could do with some pruning and it only has 95 songs on it at the moment (plus about 5 I need to add when I remember to take my MP3 player home).

'FireKnife'

Come on, its not ALL battle metal.

I also have acid rap, black metal, blues, classical, country, D&B, dance, darkwave, death metal, electro house, electronica, funk, game soundtracks, general rock, goth, grunge, happy hardcore, heavy metal, hip hop, horrorcore, industrial, Nu-metal, power metal, pop, punk, reggae, ska, techno, thrash metal and trip-hop

Hey, I have eight different playlists on my phone, named "Badass Soundtrack of Badassitude", "Bangers and Mash", "Good Ol' Songs For Good Ol' Boys", "Manhattan Mystereese", "Monday Morning Murmaider", something that can be translated as "Nigga Rapz wif Reggae Reggae Sauce" and orchestral score for NFS: Most Wanted and NFS: The Run.

The engineer fitting my internet is having a nightmare. He's not sure if it is the existing line or the new router they supplied. I could do with it working because my mobile data allowance is taking a battering as a hotspot.

Might be that BT sent the engineer round before they actually activated my landline. Got an email off of them at about 7.30 last night saying it was now connected and they will let me know when my broadband is ready to connect.

Why o why did you send the *fruitcage* engineer round to sort the internet ou before activating the line?

Might be that BT sent the engineer round before they actually activated my landline. Got an email off of them at about 7.30 last night saying it was now connected and they will let me know when my broadband is ready to connect.

Why o why did you send the *fruitcage* engineer round to sort the internet ou before activating the line?

db37df8d6fca5aede25afd9a09dcfa5256727296

Makes about as much sense to me.

'FireKnife'

Archived