My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

It's something that's been talked about but his kids are trying to hope it wouldn't have to come to that, and have instead taken to treating him like a child. This might push it though.

A recent example, he escaped from the hospital in the hospital gown and spent half an hour wandering the car park trying doors to find his car (he'd got there in an ambulance, his car wasn't there), he wasn't sure where he really was or why he was there and was caught by two coppers. All he was really sure of was a phone number but not who's it was (one of his sons) and he was returned to the hospital ward.

He doesn't even know who I am most of the time, thinks I am my uncle who looked like me when he was younger. He likes to talk to people though, and this is how we thing they got him started with it.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All it takes is for the doctor treating your Grandfather to write a letter stating that the patient is not in a fit state of mind to have made those decisions.

Make sure it's on NHS letterhead, then take to said degenerate law firm and then stick two fingers up at them.

Also claim you are a documentary film maker, it works more often than you think.  

Lost a filling and its causing some awful toothache.

Can't remember which NHS dentist I'm registered with (don't think I'm anywhere near them anyway) or find the emergency clinic I used last time on google.

I can't afford any more than band 1 so just caps on the cavity and a clean out really until I can afford more permanent treatment, and I doubt an NHS dentist will take me onboard with said problem.

*fruitcage* it all.

8 years blemishless regular and reserve military service, 8 years of paying tax, never been in trouble with the roz, have volenteered in public organisations, in summary, have been a pretty perfect citizen, and have been told I may have to pay a serious ammount of money to sort out a problem with my teeth.

On benefits? In prison? Can't be bothered using protection? Don't want to work? Get dental care for free.

So basically, a returning ISIS fighter who gets picked up at immigration, will be eligible for free dental treatment but ex services are not.

This country makes me sick.

So basically, a returning ISIS fighter who gets picked up at immigration, will be eligible for free dental treatment but ex services are not.

yeah this happens all the time  :rofl:

edit:

basically free dental care is dependent on your income. It doesn't (and shouldn't) have anything to do with armed service. 

yeah that's about right. I haven't been to the dentist in about 8 years now. I have a massive chip in one (caused by a bit of sponge cake) which can cause headaches, so I eat on one side of my mouth. Gonna procrastinate untill it gets really bad I think. Wear full face protection! 

yeah this happens all the time :rofl:

edit:

basically free dental care is dependent on your income. It doesn't (and shouldn't) have anything to do with armed service.

I was pretty sure WHILST serving dental care etc was free, which I feel is fair enough.

Out of curiosity do you know the earnings figures for free dental? I made about £12k last year.

I

Basically you can only get free dental care if you are on benefits and so on - but if you earn less then £16k then you should be eligible for the low income support scheme which is form HC1. Ask your gp they should be able to give you one, although I've not done it myself. I expect it involves entering a world of *suitcase* though. 

I'm not eligable for anything whatsoever, because in spite of working full time, as I also study for over 14 hours a week, this entitles the government to cut me off from every single aspect of income support.

Yes students get healthcare free on the NHS but my local NHS dentist has a year waiting list.

Thing is £300 is a lot of money to me, hell even the £20 band 1 emergency treatment is a substantial amount of money. To be able to save that I'm looking at months (and selling my airsoft kit :(). Plus, I don't know if a NHS dentist will take me on given how bad the state of my mouth is. I might need to go private (which will cost a fortune) to sort out my issues then get NHS registered.

Moral of the story kids is make sure you are GP and dentist registered and can remember who the hell with.

Oh, that's nothing. One schmuck sent me two shoulderboard buttons and two pieces of string, that would fit just fine in a bubble envelope, in a *fruitcage* box. Causing me to have to deal with the post office (luckily, no queue), instead of just taking the envelope from my mailbox, opening it and tying the shoulderboards down right off the bat.

Also, there's a copy of the movie-used Hydra badge for sale on Ebay, and I still have a damn week until payday.

And I seriously overslept. Sure, Subway footlong with meat, meat and meat (and all veggies) is a good breakfast, but I'm trying to save money here!

Archived