My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I always like how people who don't believe in a 'God' tend to go on and on about it. And on. And on. And on. That damned energizer bunny is back isn't he?

I find I only go on about it when I am stuck talking to people about religion. Though usually I find that all my friends are of the same non-religious group so the conversations are less an argument and more taking the out of the way people take various religious texts so wrong or the occassional anger at people that get away with things just due to the religious angle. Though the same could be said about our talks on politics given that most of us are Centre or Centre-Left :P.

As for today I just wish work would hurry up and finish so I can go home and enjoy my well deserved weekend.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironically Mr Jesus is in the thread title. What ever happened to the thread title changing daily?

You're right, today is dragging on. Another department went on the last night and have royaly taken the this morning.

Not sorted their *suitcase* out so they're begging my lads for help. Turning up to PT adn convinced the RSM to let them play basketball instead of the melting I've just done. Then on the way to the office saw one of my lads on another of my lad's bike which he's found lying about - so they were stealing bike as well as not supporting ops. It it isn't even 1100 /rant

Damn............... thts a morning!!

My place is on lock down so ID for everydamn where, left my building without it (may have left it in the computer) thought *fruitcage* it, turned round and one of my own hids told me i couldnt go back in the building lol I explained politely what I am capable of doing to him if he didnt let me get my ID and he kindly let me passed hahahahahah But dude your day is so much worse.... can you say paperwork and counciling!

Somehow I am up far earlier than usual for a friday, and it is a bit unnerving in that this happens generally when I am psyched to go to a game.

I am not going to a game though, and thus am writing yet another poor excuse for a paper.

I rather it be the former...

I've finaly got the resources together to get a pair of Arc'teyrx Talos Pants but can I find any in Crocodile anywhere, Ive even emailled Arc'teyrx and they told me to email some guy in denmark and he hasn't bothered to get back to me !!!!

Something I noticed today that I am sure not only annoys me, people that decide to overtake while passing busy slip roads and junctions.

Had it happen to my four times today in four seperate places. I am doing a calm 55-60mph in the correct, first lane. I spot a busy on ramp coming up so I go to move out and give people some space. Cue *Ubar* in an Audi or BMW (it actually was two Audis and two BMWs) then pulling out and overtaking me at some speed that means they don't give me a chance to get into the next lane and let the cars joining join without having to brake and slow up the on ramp.

I wish cars would come with an IQ test and the likes of executive Audis come with AI systems that when you perform such ignorant manouvers they gas the driver and then go on auto pilot to the nearest garage where they sit and wait for the coroner to turn up. Means they get what they deserve and no other drivers, the ones that aren't doing such stupid manouvers, get hurt.

'FireKnife'

If customers would stop phoning up to make an enquiry 35 minutes after emailing the enquiry, my workload would practically half.

Also, conversations that go like this:

Good morning how can I help?

Oh thank god, I've been trying to get through for 2 hours. Do you people not answer the phone?

Of course, sir. I've been here doing just that since 8:30. 

Well I have been trying for 2 hours.

Phone system says you've been waiting 2 minutes, sir.

Because I hung up and called back.

Oh. So you hung up and called back a few times?

Yes.

And you expected to reach the front of the queue by repeatedly leaving it and re-joining at the back?

People who don't take no for an answer.

I'm slowly lifting a pram up some steps, on a bridge over a railway (yes, I'm at a train station). A person asks the following;

Person:- 'Can I help you with that'

Me:- 'No thank, no'

Que person trying to help any way. The try to help and fail. I ask again for them to leave me to it and that I don't need their help.

Person:- 'Awkward man'

Yeap, I was called an awkward man, all because I said no to help, and because they couldn't lift the pram (that my one year old son was in). They tried to lift it with one hand and couldn't. When they tried again I said 'No, look, I've got it. Thanks for the offer but no'. That's when I was called an awkward man. No, I'm not *fruitcage* awkward, just aware, that you're not strong enough, to lift my pram with one arm. I've been taking my son, in the pram, to the train station for weeks now. If I say no, that's the end of it. Don't get a huff on if I refuse your help. I go slowly up the steps so my son doesn't feel like he's on a rough part of the Dakar rally. I'm not struggling, I'm taking my time.

If customers would stop phoning up to make an enquiry 35 minutes after emailing the enquiry, my workload would practically half.

I am so glad we have banned phone based conversations at work.

Now we operate a system of 'if you call then we don't have a reliable, text based log of the events and as such problems may occur both for us and you, please use the support system provided'. Works a treat with no phonecalls bar the truly dire cock ups. Saying that we still get pestered but when we hand it back to the customer to check they can get quite uppity about us checking on them.

As for my 'grrr' moment well I don't really have one aside from the usual 'staff member on holiday is the one week everyone needs everything fixed' but that is the luck of life.

'FireKnife'

I think if the person had been wearing gloves, they would have slapped me with one of them. Then stormed off in a huff. While I stood there crying. Not crying because of the pain, but because of the shame I had brought to that person.

How very dare I. *hangs head in shame, whilst waiting for public flogging*

I think if the person had been wearing gloves, they would have slapped me with one of them. Then stormed off in a huff. While I stood there crying. Not crying because of the pain, but because of the shame I had brought to that person.

How very dare I. *hangs head in shame, whilst waiting for public flogging*

'FireKnife'

Half wit at work going on and on about his holiday to New York

No I don't want to see the photos, I dont give a *suitcase* about the shop selling Friends merchandice and no I don't give a *fruitcage* about the helicopter ride you took

No doubt next week he'll be moaning about how the government is making him skint and they can only afford to run one car

All I can think of is the Homer eating hot food moments were the ice cream melts before even reaching his tongue.

Also why do I have to have a flat inspection? It is not on fire so why do they care so much. If something is wrong I will tell them but no it has to be when I am out and it has to be tomorrow and the place has to be stupidly clean (and I don't mean 'man clean', I mean 'mother clean').

'FireKnife'

Also why do I have to have a flat inspection? It is not on fire so why do they care so much. If something is wrong I will tell them but no it has to be when I am out and it has to be tomorrow and the place has to be stupidly clean (and I don't mean 'man clean', I mean 'mother clean').

To check you're not living in a *suitcase* hole and ruining the property, having 10 relatives staying with you e.t.c. Some people live like utter pigs in rented accommodation and have no respect for other peoples property.

To check you're not living in a *suitcase* hole and ruining the property, having 10 relatives staying with you e.t.c. Some people live like utter pigs in rented accommodation and have no respect for other peoples property.

I know that but seriously the people that do mine are so anal about everything in the flat being sorted. What then doesn't help is as soon as they see an 'issue' they demand the landlord and me sort it out.

Me and the landlord don't see it as an issue that needs immediate fixing (something petty like the breakfast bar stools in the kitchen, one hasn't got any rubber around the rim) but the estate agents keep going on about it.

I like the fact they are better than my last one but it has gone from not caring to caring too much, I just can't win :D.

'FireKnife' 

Archived