My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Moving out sometimes helps but still it just leaves the next poor sod to deal with it.

All I get from my neighbours is the odd moment were one is arguing on the phone while heading up the internal stairs (when in their flat I don't hear it) and then random sex at about 1.30am on a Sunday / Monday but that seems to be it.

Saying that they put up with the occasional bangs from me running my room clearing tests with my pistols so it is a fair enough trade off.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my final year at uni the house next door to me was full of first years who would have parties almost every night. After a while I got fed up with asking them to keep it down (2 of my housemates were student nurses who had to be up for placements at silly o clock) I noticed their main fusebox was in a cuboard accessible from the street, so next time they were being a painting the *albartroth* I just switched off their electricity

I'm all for partying, but in the right time and place.

I have also used a Mk5 to interrupt the obnoxiously loud and windows open sex of the neighbours at my old place. From the yelp that came from the window, I think he skipped on the down stroke and ended up in an unwelcome location... If you know what I mean.

Agreed, consideration for others and all that.

Plus student accomadation really should come with a test to see what kind of students you are. The intelligent, hard working ones get to stay in the nice rooms with each other and the coasters and wasters get the rubbish ones and can keep each other up with stupid parties at 3am :P.

'FireKnife'

The guy in the room next to me in halls was a right miserable git.  Barely lucky to get a hello out of him I saw ever saw him.  He constantly watched DVDs at night which didn't bother me but he would fall asleep and the film would finish and then cycle through the annoying menu music in the middle of the night which was very annoying.  After a few times I did ask him to be a bit more courteous, but to no avail.  Then I just thought *fruitcage* it and played CS and COD late at night/early in the morning and told any girl I was with to be as loud as they liked ha ha.

Luckily these were real life ladies as the little, shy Chinese girl in the room down the hall can attest to.  She was acting really strange to me one day, much more shy than usual and I squeezed out of her she had bumped into a random naked girl in the dark who had left my room in the middle of the night to get a drink from the kitchen ha ha.

One advantage to ones own flat, you can take a stroll to the kitchen in any amount of nudity and no-one cares.

I used to wander about in my pants when I was sharing a house with another guy and a girl. We all did, her best mate (who stayed round a lot) included. No *fruitcage*s given.

I must admit I have never been in a flat / house share with anyone so I am too used to it.

Even with a girl staying over I do, but then often the girls I invite round couldn't care less and wak round with little on themselves.

Think I should hire some women and have a Dukov's Palace thing going on, just without the outdoor wasteland apocalypse (don't live in Aberdeen anymore ;)).

'FireKnife'

Indeed.  One year I was living with four girls.  All really chill.  One would occasionaly knock on my door, just wearing pants and a hand bra with a bottle of self tan under her arm and ask me to help her out.  Good times.

Perhaps you could go with the 'never tried so not missing out' line?

But yes you are missing out, as annoying as women can be they can also be pretty awesome to have around for such moments too.

This reminds me, must send a message to those girls I have been texting. If I get a response, yay, if not well "next!"

'FireKnife'

It is not a normal thing. We don't know how they got in, they seemed to know someone who lives in the next flat over, but I couldn't hear them as they were jabbering in communist at me, and I was swearing violently at them.

They left looking very frightened.

Hang on, the rant thread has become the happy thread? Cats and dogs are living together . . . .

Rant:- why do some people take 'sorry, I'm not well got to stay in' as 'no, really, I jus want you to try harder. Go on, beg me to come out'? If I'm ill, I am ill. It's not me playing hard to get and who the hell plays hard to get with the 'I'm ill' line (ah, just realised 'who' uses that line).

Hang on, the rant thread has become the happy thread? Cats and dogs are living together . . . .

Eh, the happy thread became the rant thread a few days ago ;).

But speaking of that I love watching cat and dog videos were they live together and the cat will not let the dog pass, ever. It just gets bashed about when it moves near the cat.

'FireKnife'

But speaking of that I love watching cat and dog videos were they live together and the cat will not let the dog pass, ever. It just gets bashed about when it moves near the cat.

King of the jungle isn't a dog is it? ;)

It is not a normal thing. We don't know how they got in, they seemed to know someone who lives in the next flat over, but I couldn't hear them as they were jabbering in communist at me, and I was swearing violently at them.

This made me lol orange squash onto my desk.

True, but then wolves, one of the greatest wilderness pack hunters are the direct link to dogs :P.

But it always makes me laugh when it is the likes of a husky or lab that is being attacked by a medium sized cat. The dog is at least 3-4x the size and could sit on the cat but it is still afraid.

Lets all share in the hilarity:

'FireKnife'

The cat I had when I was little used to pick fights with the dog

Anyway some people really shouldn't be allowed to breed. If you don't want your kids to see adult material in video games then prehaps you shouldn't buy them 18 rated games

http://mobile.news.com.au/technology/home-entertainment/grand-theft-auto-update-allows-for-first-person-sex/story-fnjwmb8a-1227128415653

I really should go and say thank you to the people at Rockstar North (given it is down the road from me). They have not only provided me with hours upon hours of entertainment but pointed out just how bloody ignorant people are in the process. :)

Plus as pointed out you can see anything on the internet, so still not getting why a bit of simulated in game sex is any worse than watching a woman getting banged up the back door in full HD.

'FireKnife'

I think because the option is only to simulate sex with a woman, that some people object to it. If it was men and women, then that's fine and dandy. Though it could be a slippery slope (snigger) if you start to censor what can and can't be in a game (the obvious stuff should always be sensored; rape of any kind).

I still remember the kick off about the level on modern warfare 2 'No Russian'. I could see thier point, as it could have just been an attack on airport security and left out the walking round shooting anything that moves. But, having said that, you were meant to experience the hardship, of the character (what he had to do to maintain his cover), so that when the end came it was more hurtful, as you realise it was all for nothing.

Archived