My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Hold up - so if one pound of stored body mass equates to roughly 3,500 calories..

Lets say that you're eating around 2,500 calories a day.. ten days, that's 25,000 calories.

25,000/3,500 = 7.1ish

7 pounds. That's the average baby, once every ten days that you'd out. Dude, i'm not even mad, that's amazing.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure that goes along with the 'tomato sauce can cause cancer' line due to the additives in it. Next it will be the 'drink too much water and you will drown your own body' lot, forgetting that you need to consume almost your own weight in said water without expelling any as urine. :P

I have taken to just not believing these stories. Everything we eat is bad for us, yada yada yada. I still enjoyed my chorizo, peppers, rice and sieved tomatoes last night and I will keep on doing so. :)

'FireKnife'

I'm not saying eating rice will kill you.

I'm saying that every time someone types or says meh, I think of rice.

No food more perfectly sums up the experience of meh as completely as rice.  It is so meh that eating it can be used a punishment.

Voluntarily eating punishment food.

Meh.

If I have to risk my life to eat something I might as well eat something that actually registers on my conscience as something that happened rather than what might as well be called <food placeholder>.

Black Ice.

It's here and the contractor whos job it is to de-ice everywhere cannot fathom that doing it after people turn up to work isn't soon enough. Or that it will have feckin melted.

And it's a help desk to get hold of them, and they won't give out the emergency number, and the guy didn't even have his phone on, and their manager wasn't in work when he should have been, and none of the actual workmen in the compound knew anything about it.

Black Ice.

It's here and the contractor whos job it is to de-ice everywhere cannot fathom that doing it after people turn up to work isn't soon enough. Or that it will have feckin melted.

Sounds like you need to arrange a firing squad and take the contractor out behind the chemical sheds.

Or just have a word with his boss.

Or as mentioned in the other thread, try some 'Buttstroking'. Should work.

Why, does it offend them?

:P

Eating beef does, hence why I never got McDonalds in Hindu areas, isn't it just a poorer version of KFC, selling lots of chicken this and chicken that? :P

'FireKnife'

Got me wanting to try special fried rice, but replace the rice with fried noodles instead. That could be tonights culinary experiment (well, I'll say what I want and get the take away to do it).

Rant: post men who don't knock and just open your front door. Knock first and give me the chance to answer, thank you very much.

Sadly, my daughter was on my lap and the inner door was closed. I've asked before to knock and if no answer don't *fruitcage* open my front door as someone might try it after they've left (and I might have forgotten to lock the door and my not be in). Honestly, is it so hard to fathom that trying to open someone's door without knocking might be interpreted as trying to rob the place? Really, people on the rob knock first?

Still wasn't my Jenson Button hat. *fruitcage*ers.

I would be telling him in no uncertain terms that if he did it again I would assume he would be a burglar and reasonable force would be wrapped around his head.

I would suggest to tell the post office too, but that bunch of thieving scumbags would not give 1 measly *fruitcage*.

The front door is the main door, which is the porch door but that's the door that has a lock on it. The inner door is just a normal door. Not a good idea to try and open a door to a house you have not announced yourself to. Have complained several times but it still happens. Once I was in the shower and when I checked to see if there had been any post (letters), there was a parcel waiting for me. Next time it happens I'll just inform the post office to leave my post at the post office.

Archived