My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Not sure whether to like*

Hurty justice good, hurty mummy bad in first place.

Yeah, the bloke is a complete *Ubar*. Held a boiling kettle over her face while pinning her to the floor once.

I ditched his surname by deed poll as a symbolic thing. I hope when he is old and decrepit he has an abusive carer so he knows how it feels to be helpless.

Yeah, the bloke is a complete *Ubar*. Held a boiling kettle over her face while pinning her to the floor once.

I ditched his surname by deed poll as a symbolic thing. I hope when he is old and decrepit he has an abusive carer so he knows how it feels to be helpless.

I can't imagine being in your position. I'm really not in a position to comment other than bravado macho that I can be prone to do.

Hope you ok :)

I'm good. The man is practically dead to me these days.

My mum has been married to a fantastic bloke for years now. The only reason I won't call the new guy dad is because that word has negative connotations for me and he is a better guy than that.

Very open account there Scorch, very sorry to hear that the term 'Dad' has been tarnished/ruined for you. But very understandable and something that only you can know how to deal with it. Made up things turned around. There are some truely evil *suitcases* out there. I have a mate who hates Christmas, as it reminds them of their abusive father (even though it happened all year round, it got very bad/ worse around Christmas). I always make an effort not to mention it around them, but they love winding me up (always hilarious too) about it.

Just re-read my previous post. Good deity! My grammar has gotten worse of late. Going to have to knuckle down and keep an eye on it (bit of a self hate thing I have with regards to my complete lack of literacy skills).

Some absolute scummy *fruitcage* wearing a balaclava forced their way into an old lady's house down the row I live on about an hour and a half ago. We never heard anything happening but had the police round asking for anything that may help.

So UK Tactical want £40 plus shipping for a set of Sawfly frames and smoke lens (there is currently 15% off eyewear though I guess) when I can get a full set of (admittedly surplus) Sawfly's for £35 from next to my work.

Thing is I only need the frame and smoke lens as someone pinched mine. I suppose I could always ebay a frame and some smoke glasses but they all seem to be American sellers.

I can't wear the large set I have (I didn't realise there were different sizes) for skirmishing as I got a BB bounce inside with them and I'm yet to experiment with other eye pro. Considering full seal given the injuries I've seen but I fog like hell. Some of the Smith optics (just not the boogie regulators) seem quite handy.

So UK Tactical want £40 plus shipping for a set of Sawfly frames and smoke lens (there is currently 15% off eyewear though I guess) when I can get a full set of (admittedly surplus) Sawfly's for £35 from next to my work.

Thing is I only need the frame and smoke lens as someone pinched mine. I suppose I could always ebay a frame and some smoke glasses but they all seem to be American sellers.

I can't wear the large set I have (I didn't realise there were different sizes) for skirmishing as I got a BB bounce inside with them and I'm yet to experiment with other eye pro. Considering full seal given the injuries I've seen but I fog like hell. Some of the Smith optics (just not the boogie regulators) seem quite handy.

Full seal mesh is the only way. Give Heroshark a call, he makes the best mesh goggles out there.

Todays rant: Work night out. Technician took it upon himself to see how large he can get the (paid by work) bill, 3 rounds of double shots later (on top of an irish coffee, jagerbomb and 4 beers) and i'm *fruitcage*e.d

I am anticipating my first hangover ever (in all my 25 years on this earth) tomorrow morning with dread.

Help me.

help me...

Hangover free also. Headache subsided with the application of powerade before bed.

Currently drinking a bottle of Purdys, after which I'll be tip top.

For the record, Purdys is a most excellent hangover cure. It's got vitamins and *suitcase*.

I dislike the idea of mesh eye pro so much.

I'm sure it works and its perfectly serviceable I just don't tust it...yet currently use non sealed eyepro...

Pfft hangovers. Can't remember ever having one.

One of the best arguments about eye protection I saw was a guy who wears ' ballistic shooting glasses' with gaps between his eyepro and face slagging off someone with a mesh goggles for being stupid because bits of BB might break off and go through the mesh. Meanwhile, he had big gaps whole BBs could come in from without slowing down much if the angle was right.

I fog like a mofo, so tend to use mesh personally. I've taken quite a few shots to mesh goggles in the past and have personally not suffered negative effects. That isn't to say that it might not occur, it's just that it hasn't happened yet. That, and I feel the risk is outweighed by the fact that if I was to wear non-mesh, the fogging will leave me with heavily restricted vision, that could cause issues, and if I go to de-fog, there is always the potential a freak BB could strike even if I am in an area I think is safe. I did always carry two piece of eye pro when using polycarbonate lenses so I could swap out if fogging, but even the transition leaves you exposed for a very short time.

Eye protection is a very emotional subject for some people.

Or, I'll have a look around work and see if I can find you some.

I don't get hangovers because I haven't been drunk in 11 years.

Before that I didn't get hangovers because I didn't get sober for 15 years.

It averages out...

One of the best arguments about eye protection I saw was a guy who wears ' ballistic shooting glasses' with gaps between his eyepro and face slagging off someone with a mesh goggles for being stupid because bits of BB might break off and go through the mesh. Meanwhile, he had big gaps whole BBs could come in from without slowing down much if the angle was right.

I fog like a mofo, so tend to use mesh personally. I've taken quite a few shots to mesh goggles in the past and have personally not suffered negative effects. That isn't to say that it might not occur, it's just that it hasn't happened yet. That, and I feel the risk is outweighed by the fact that if I was to wear non-mesh, the fogging will leave me with heavily restricted vision, that could cause issues, and if I go to de-fog, there is always the potential a freak BB could strike even if I am in an area I think is safe. I did always carry two piece of eye pro when using polycarbonate lenses so I could swap out if fogging, but even the transition leaves you exposed for a very short time.

Eye protection is a very emotional subject for some people.

On the whole mesh issue, when I first bought mine from ebairsoft I was super paranoid of shattering fragmentation. So I bought two pairs, and tested one severely. I put several hundred rounds into each eyepiece from a range of about 2 inches, firing about 350fps. While some of the bbs did obviously shatter, and some of the metal wire buckled inwards from the abuse, no fragments got through the mesh. I put a sheet of paper behind the goggles and there wasn't a mark on it. Needless to say, I binned the test set because of aforementioned buckled metal, and used the other pair with confidence.

Darkchild

Archived