My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Or, I'll have a look around work and see if I can find you some.

I don't get hangovers because I haven't been drunk in 11 years.

Before that I didn't get hangovers because I didn't get sober for 15 years.

It averages out...

Cheers Stunt would be great if you did as I was using them as general purpose sunnies and they saved my eyes biking into work one day when some flew off a lorry into my face. The large ones are just massive.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone pinched my boys frames with clear lenses, have sent you a pm about if you want the other bits hun.

Ok theives at airsoft me off. Also not to bring it up again but my boy was smacked around by a female partner a few years back and it's really.... He didn't report it because he didn't feel he could be taken seriously

It's OK if you can't find them, paranoid is sorting me out with the smoke lenses and I might be able to convince the owner of the surplus store to break down a set (or buy just the frame as that'll only be about £10 from the states).

Should be in  the happy thread but I'm dead chuffed to see airsofters helping each other out.

I had an incident of road rage today.

A guy decided that instead of staying in the left hand lane of a bend, he wanted to cut the corner regardless of the fact I was mostly parallel with him.

Only stayed on the bike by virtue of my cat-like caffiene-tweaker reflexes.

The upshot is, there is a guy driving round with one less wing mirror.

Not really proud of it.

Had a road rage incident today too. At a roundabout, some *beep* is in the left lane for going left/straight across, I'm in the middle lane to go straight across and he just starts driving into my lane. I fumble with the horn as I'm not used to it's location yet as I haven't had the car long but I'm focusing on moving into the (luckily) free right hand lane.  Eventually do get the horn and give him a good 10 second blast.  It's a massive roundabout so we stop at some lights and I give him some abuse and suggest he takes some driving lessons.  He's screaming at me, making various gestures e.t.c. I cannot fathom what makes him think he has any right.  I think he offers to pull over so we can fight but I'm too busy being puzzled about he's still alive and not dead from driving like a *Ubar*.  I then peel off and see him cut across the third lane in front of someone else to go right.  I'm sure the bell end has no idea how to use a roundabout.

Had a road rage incident today too. At a roundabout, some *beep* is in the left lane for going left/straight across, I'm in the middle lane to go straight across and he just starts driving into my lane. I fumble with the horn as I'm not used to it's location yet as I haven't had the car long but I'm focusing on moving into the (luckily) free right hand lane. Eventually do get the horn and give him a good 10 second blast. It's a massive roundabout so we stop at some lights and I give him some abuse and suggest he takes some driving lessons. He's screaming at me, making various gestures e.t.c. I cannot fathom what makes him think he has any right. I think he offers to pull over so we can fight but I'm too busy being puzzled about he's still alive and not dead from driving like a *Ubar*. I then peel off and see him cut across the third lane in front of someone else to go right. I'm sure the bell end has no idea how to use a roundabout.

The amount of nobs that wander lanes on roundabouts is frightening.

As for horn-searching? I now will not buy a vehicle that does not have the horn in the middle of the steering wheel, in prime rage-smashing position.

On the end of a stalk? That's for the French.

I like horn on the floor where the clutch goes in an auto.

Whenever you go for brake and clutch in an emergency you get brake and horn.

Awesome.

That's actually a really good idea. Should be easy enough to wire into the circuitry on cars these days that strobe the brakes and put the hazards on when you brake heavily (Emergency stop)

A bit of string wired to the horn, and tied around the middle finger of your dominant hand would work well too.

At least it would for me!

Just remembered I got the rage too this morning (was before my brew hence memory lapse). I pull into the village where my shop/office is, and there's the familiar glow of bmw headlights about 0.2 nano metres off my bumper. All the way through the village, and I'm bang on 28 just for added annoyance. Hit a straight (still 30mph, the only road through) and a savage overtake occurs. Horn, main beam and finger erupt from myself in a sweet symphony of coordination. I look across too and mouth a flurry of educational language...

To the gorgeous, truly gorgeous pharmacist who works at the doctors surgery the next village over. Who I was in the same year at school as. Who I know well. Who was my pharmacist for years and still is to my mum. Who sent me lovely messages when my wife was having so much trouble during/after childbirth (not rude ones, you pervs, lovely ones).

For a millisecond I thought "oh no", but then I thought, "*fruitcage* that. It's dark, it's 2 degrees and the roads are wet. She was driving like a nob in a rear wheel drive car, 5 months pregnant and with a toddler at home. Why should I die because of her?"

I've passed her coming the other way in a morning many times (I have a couple of routes to work) and she always drives like that. I fear it will take something terrible to happen to slow her down :(

So third day of line cleaning today. It went horribly wrong.

Basically across twelve T-bars we have four coolers. They were all off this morning as I needed to clean a single line off of one as it was missed.

Unfortunately I didn't account for this and should've done the single line along with a T-Bar of three lines first as that would've allowed me to turn two coolers on. Instead I did the larger, split T-bars with 7 lines when we only have connectors to do six in total.

Come 10AM when we've been serving booze for an hour I still didn't have a single cooler on. Was bricks waiting for the pub manager to come in but she's been really nice about it saying I'm still training and I've not wasted any beer so its all good.

Ask how much lime we need for a soil stabilisation job, in tonnes.

Get mad answer.

Is that in kilogrammes?

Wait, how did you get the volume?

Length times width times depth.

OK, you know the length and width are in meters and the depth is in millimetres right?

Oops, I'll do it again <get another mad answer>

Is that in kilogrammes?

Yes.

I hate you.

Archived