My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Cleaning some bird *suitcase* off my car.  It must have been there a few hours at most.  I don't know what it ate but it must have consumed a tube of super glue.  Now I have to polish out the damn cleaning swirl marks.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found out last night a girl I know is getting knocked around by her bloke.

Not happy about this. Unfortunately for him, I'm a member of a massive gang that absolutely despises domestic abuse.

Is that the police? Seem to recall we've a fair few officers on here and can't recall if you're one of them.

Abuse is totally unacceptable, scum.

That makes me happy.

I can't stand abuse, it probably doesn't help the way I grew up but seeing those abuse awareness adverts on tv actually make me change the channel I get so uncomfortable.

Probably also why I couldn't be a police officer because I don't think I could keep my cool dealing with scum like that.

That makes me happy.

I can't stand abuse, it probably doesn't help the way I grew up but seeing those abuse awareness adverts on tv actually make me change the channel I get so uncomfortable.

Probably also why I couldn't be a police officer because I don't think I could keep my cool dealing with scum like that.

Same. I'd go all "Life On Mars" on them.

I think I've mentioned it before, I am a stroppy bugger yet at work it rarely comes out.

I think it's a pride thing "professional no matter what", but also, if I kick the *fruitcage* out of someone I am in serious do-do...

Been vomiting and since about midday. Everytime I take on anything including water my body throws it back out. Just called work and the manager is furious at me as I'm meant to start at half six tomorrow morning and we've got the Operations Director in. He's managed to sort cover as one of my colleagues has agreed to start at 6:30 and I feel like an *albartroth* towards him for putting him in that position. But I can't move without my insides writhing and can't hydrate myself currently. I'm worried it might be food poisoning and it looks like I'm going to lose a weeks wages.

He must know that I wouldn't have called in sick if I had another option, I can't afford to go off. Now the question is do I try and go to the walk in clinic tomorrow or quarantine myself?

Been vomiting and ###### since about midday. Everytime I take on anything including water my body throws it back out. Just called work and the manager is furious at me as I'm meant to start at half six tomorrow morning and we've got the Operations Director in. He's managed to sort cover as one of my colleagues has agreed to start at 6:30 and I feel like an *albartroth* towards him for putting him in that position. But I can't move without my insides writhing and can't hydrate myself currently. I'm worried it might be food poisoning and it looks like I'm going to lose a weeks wages.

He must know that I wouldn't have called in sick if I had another option, I can't afford to go off. Now the question is do I try and go to the walk in clinic tomorrow or quarantine myself?

Go to the doctor man.

A doctor will just tell you to rest and hydrate. You won't get given magic beans to fix it.

Food poisoning? Needs to run its course.

A virus? Antibiotics won't help.

Get some food in for a few days for when you can stomach it, and buy a bulk bag of bog roll in case it develops into gastro. Not one of those 4-packs, you want at least 12. You will thank me for this advice if it does.

Good luck :)

Aye. Don't know what it is at the moment, was hoping they could tell me. But right now I can't hydrate, haven't been able to for about 12 hours. Considering flat cola as supposedly that might work.

Just my *fruitcage* luck that it was today. Because I can't return to work for 48 hours after last symptoms and its the beginning of my week.

I'll give NHS Direct a call sometime in the morning.

I though that too. Stuck it out for days, eventually caved and went to the doctor. It was Giardia. They gave me something which stopped the effects pretty quickly. So.... Kinda wish I went straight away.

Not only that, they should do a stool sample, and also pass the results onto Environmental Health, so if the cause is not your own *suitcasey* cooking, they can try tracking it down.

Well I can't cook where I live.

My dad and I had a takeaway curry on Saturday night which seems like the right sort of timeframe. Its that or work.

Can't win really, either call it in to work and get *suitcase* for having time off sick (as well as loss of wages) or try pushing through it, potentially exposing my colleagues and customers to whatever it is, as well as needing to nip to the bathroom all the time.

Pretty sure I know someone who had gastro for months. Scary thought.

Yeah, best thing to do, ring your doc, as I remember, they got me to send a stool sample, then diagnosed that, then gave me the anti-parasite meds.

It's ironic, I'd been drinking Turkish and Iraqi tapwater for like 2 straight months with no problems (and Ukraine, Romania, Moldova and Bosnia in the months and years before that), came back to the UK and caught Giardia from a god damned kebab.

Yes I do. That's exactly why I called work and said I couldn't come in. That'd be a whole world of hurt if I got someone else sick, especially a customer. Unfortunately most of our management don't seem to quite comprehend this pretty basic rule.

My ankle's buggered and my doctor wanted me signed off for that, but I declined because I can't lose that much money and I can't pass on a fracture, but this could be infectious.

Just wish I could hydrate myself and catch some sleep, even for an hour.

Can't go to the walk in clinic until 6PM...

"Oh you could register with a GP in town and get an appointment today." Ma'am I don't think you understand my predicament. I've got to be in close proximity to a toilet and don't have time for all that paperwork and general health check right now.

Even going to the shops to grab some more bog roll and some immodium plus (when the Pharmacy is literally over the road) seems impossible right now.

Also dioralyte for when you can keep something down. Yes it tastes foul but is great for rehydration as it also replaces lost electrolytes

I had that in my water bottle at GZ. Certainly kept the dehydration at bay. (the hangover too)

Archived