My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Locked you in?..

Design flaw there. No windows and bedsheets to become rope?

My body is trying to tell me i'm ill. But got back to the office to find a rather upset colleague who is in the *suitcase* due to drink related shenanigans. Gotta pull through for the lads. We're off to see Jurassic World (Rnd 2) for happy thoughts.

Just sat for 15 minutes on the phone with an elderly customer who had some firm come and "service" her mobility scooter after repeatedly cold calling her to sell her the service.

Charged her £350 for the service and 2 new tyres. (twice as much as it should have been)

First trip out with the scooter since it was done, and it has broken down with what the error codes tells me is a motor fault.

She tries to call them, number on the invoice not recognised. 

I hate scumbags who prey on old folk.

Had this other day.  Cold caller at the doorstep from a fairly major car garage selling car MOT, service package e.t.c. I told them no thanks, you're not touching my car lol.  They then went next door, told my elderly neighbour I was impressed with what was on offer and bought it, so she did too.  She then popped round after to talk to me about it.  Not quite sure the best thing to do next.  Obviously can't prove anything...

Had this other day.  Cold caller at the doorstep from a fairly major car garage selling car MOT, service package e.t.c. I told them no thanks, you're not touching my car lol.  They then went next door, told my elderly neighbour I was impressed with what was on offer and bought it, so she did too.  She then popped round after to talk to me about it.  Not quite sure the best thing to do next.  Obviously can't prove anything...

I doubt it would go far but I would be visiting the twat and dropping a copy of this on his desk and telling him to give her a refund.

I would be doing it on a Saturday too, loudly, when they are full of customers. Raise a public stink.

In order to buy three heavily outdated palmtops from my work, for a kingly sum of 16 quid (95 PLN), I had to file an official request. Like, print it, put it into an envelope with "Appropriation request for obsolete or damaged equipment", and lug it to the mail room.

Insanity, government-mandated procedures or both, you decide.

US Youtubers decide to test 2 similar classed guns against one another. Somehow the AR styled variant always wins.

So, ok, it feels better because you're used to ARs. I can understand that. New against familiar is a BIG choice for armies and LE around the world.

Next thing they do is change out every AR styled control on their new fav toy to something Magpul or Vickers or whatever because it feels better.

So first you prefer the familiarity of AR controls only to swap them out? How does that validate your previous statement ?

The only other argument you have is that the AR style gun had a better trigger, which is fair enough.

Just tell us you like interchangeable controls and grips. Less confusing.

( Test was SIG MPX vs CZ scorpion Evo )

Yes, I'm in a grumpy picky mood today -.-

Wel yeah ok. But weirdly enough everybody was praising the Evo when it came out. Feeling cheap could be another word for feeling light.

It's what everyone thouhgt of the M16 'plastic' , the FN2000 and Scar-H.

Oh, and the MPX has trouble inserting the mag fluently ( you see them strugling getting it in ).

The MPX is a lot more expensive as well, and so are it's mags. It's cast and CNC finish as well. Let's be fair, it's just a new 9mm AR 7", not really an SMG.

Compare it to the Kriss, the MP5 and UMP, P90 and other SMG's is my opinion.

Suddenly I'm aware that there aren't that many new SMG options. Is it a dying breed?

Yup, mood hasn't inproved :(

Why is it that some cyclists appear to go out of their way to annoy car drivers.  Driving along today.  Some bellend cyclist cycling in the bike lane.  What's wrong with that you ask.  Well, was he cycling in the middle of the lane?  Nope.  Perhaps 300mm from the curb?  Nope.  He was cycling on the bloody line that divides the road from the cycle lane so cars still had to slow down and wait before they could overtake leaving a courteous distance.  *fruitcage* knob.  Of course it took a few cars clearly not giving a *fruitcage* about him and passing with barely any clearance before he got the message and moved over.

Hitman, that's because you have buttock openings in every layer of humanity. 

If I'm in my car, I'm annoyed by pedestrians and cyclist.

If I'm on my bicycle, I'm annoyed by drivers and pedestrians

If I'm on foot I'm annoyed by drivers and cyclists.

And whatever means you take for transport, you will ALWAYS get annoyed by fellow users of taken transport.

Remember no good deed goes unpunished and chivalry isn't dead but repressed by those who just don't give a fruit.

The world need a instant-guilt and/or instant-conscience syringe.  

My ride yesterday was utter *suitcase*.

I set off and did the first 150 km or so to plan but then I developed a strong pain in my right knee when putting down power.

I was unable to maintain speed up hill and my average speed started dropping.

I pushed on for a few more hours and then at 230 km my chain went between the cassette and spokes, jammed and broke into 3 parts.

I have tools and enough links to repair a chain that has broken into 2 parts, not 3.

I walked to the train station (miles).

I paid £52 to get the train back to London.

I got back to Strood after midnight and paid a small fortune to the cab driver to get me and my bike back to my house.

I got up this morning and had to go back to Leighton Buzzard to get my bike bag from the B&B I left it in.

I am now unable to qualify for the PBP.

I can't get my deposit back for the PBP.

I am ###### off and knackered.

Locked you in?..

Design flaw there. No windows and bedsheets to become rope?

Dude, I do have some 40 feet of rough hemp rope on hand, but I'm not *fruitcage*ed up enough to attempt getting three floors down using it. I'm 150 lbs. of basswood sticks and flab, not some *fruitcage* Prince of Persia.

I learned today that the number of "requests for appropriation of damaged or obsolete equipment" already exceeds the number of available devices worth keeping (read: ten laptops and maybe a couple of mobile phones), and they will be considered in chronological order.

Also, the greedy scumbags are still screwing around with my laptop (seriously, how much time does replacing hinges take?! Especially when they got a spare pair along with the laptop itself!).

That, and I'm knackered.

Just as a rough estimate, replacing the hinges on an X series Lenovo laptop takes less than 20 minutes, 30 if it's your first time.

Not as much luck with Asus - a shitton of screws (five different kinds or thereabouts), and the last one is... under the *fruitcage* cooling system. AAAARGH.

Archived