My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would be surprised by the amount if gear that gets lost once it's been submitted as evidence...

I really wouldn't.

I know a few guys in the met.

I don't think many people would be surprised.

I trust you will investigate the disappearance of evidence and pass it up the chain... after all a cop who knows of dirty cops but doesn't do anything is a dirty cop :)

But be careful though you don't want to end up like Daniel Morgan ;)

I didn't mean cops as such, but the folk that tag and store evidence. It can be called for months later and it's all "ooh, err we can't find it sorry." Case falls apart.

Actually have no idea who handles evidence though, would guess at civvies/police staff and not cops?

ha who knows.. cock up conspiracy?  One example is where 32,000 pages worth of documents related to a fraud investigation regarding BAE selling arms to Saudi Arabia was found in a Docklands warehouse next to a cannabis farm :D

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5074/found-bae-files-lost-in-sfo-blunder-ended-up-in-this-warehouse

I didn't mean cops as such, but the folk that tag and store evidence. It can be called for months later and it's all "ooh, err we can't find it sorry." Case falls apart.

Actually have no idea who handles evidence though, would guess at civvies/police staff and not cops?

Civilian police support staff. My company used to be next door to one of the storage warehouses.

Completely unmarked with an electric gate and card entry system, staff not in any form of uniform. But when they have a large caged delivery turn up and its all stacked evidence bags and a fellow in a small van turn up to remove what are clearly firearms...

Yeah, not that subtle to someone who has spent 40 hours a week for 2 years with nothing else to watch outside his office window. :P

Once again, the same bunch of lazy Ubars fails to assemble and vote on the project, despite having two months to do so, and I learn of this a day before deadline. It's a regular occurence since I started working here, and nobody's particularly bothered about this. Least the consultant who is supposed to oversee them and keep track of deadlines.

Also, OpenTTD doesn't work on my ancient palmtop, and it's a particularly messy case of notworking.

Girlfriend drove her micra into a fence post.

Bumper and front offside panel *fruitcage*ed.

Paint removed from fence post.

Also, who's idea was it for formal attire to be baking hot and tight fitting around the neck?

Because stupid upper class port drinking *albartroth* wipes didn't think about anything more than how dashing they would look at Lord cockfelcher's winter ball or the next Order of the purple helmet dinner in their uniforms and thought nought for the poor sod wearing it day in day out.

This uniforms of their own raised regiments were stupid and they influence today's dress uniforms.

So blame Lord Michael the exceptionally inbred and his raised regiment the Sootikin Guard and his wont for impressing the ladies at Lord and Lady Malbaiseeffleurer's summer ball.

For examples of this look at how the beret has moved from practical almost slouch hat great for keeping the sun out of the eyes and blurring the outline to something useless for anything other than stupid cover on off rules.

Hate this heat and how these new tablets make me feel sweat soaked and tired and just feeling unclean when I wake up.

So one of the morning managers has quit. And the other one is the pub manager's other half so he's not going to work Sundays.

This means I have to, so no more airsoft for me in the forseeable future. I even asked if I could do a 4AM-8AM on Sundays so someone doesn't have to do the open and she said no. Said I was lucky to have them off as long as I did.

My heart dropped this morning.

No, you don't have to just take it. Negotiate. To expect you to work every Sunday is not really on. Just because it makes her life easier doesn't mean you should roll over and take it. Check what your contract says. And maybe discover religion, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So one of the morning managers has quit. And the other one is the pub manager's other half so he's not going to work Sundays.

This means I have to, so no more airsoft for me in the forseeable future. I even asked if I could do a 4AM-8AM on Sundays so someone doesn't have to do the open and she said no. Said I was lucky to have them off as long as I did.

My heart dropped this morning.

As Bovinedog said don't take that *suitcase*. Give this a read and check your contract:

https://www.gov.uk/sunday-working

So, I go out to the car and the rear quarter light is smashed, radiating fracture pattern from a single point of impact near the bottom. Best guess is a stone or something flicked up from one of the lorries that thunder past the house. <_<

So I'll have to get that replaced, money I don't need to lose just before we go on holiday in a couple of weeks. :(

Nah, it's totally shattered, glass fragments everywhere.

Have had to tape some plastic sheeting over it for now, it'll either be an Auto Windscreens job or the little garage I know, depending on which is cheaper, paying the garage man in cash or the insurance excess through the Auto Windscreens.

Fair point.

I get what you're saying, everyone wants the cheapest option, me included.

My post was a little harsh, but I do try and support local business if I can. Even if it was a few quid more, the garage would get my trade :)

I do agree with you on principle - local business generally give better, personal service and are normally struggling.

I always get my service and MoT done by this local place (not least because I get a discount for paying cash) and I know the guy will do good work and not rip me off.

Unfortunately, when you're struggling to get by, you've often got to compromise principles you just can't afford to hang on to.

I'm going to get a quote from the guy and hopefully if it's reasonably close I will give him the work as then I won't need to involve the insurance - sure they *SAY* it won't put your premium up if you make a glass claim, but I think we all know that's not true...

Archived