My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Cleaned the fridge yesterday.

Can of coke exploded in there today. *fruitcage* everywhere.

Everywhere.

Heard it go bang, went into the kitchen as I thought something had fallen off the wall. Discovered it as I was on my way to bed.

Cleaned the fridge again.

Must have knocked the dial as it was set to 0.00000001 degree above absolute zero.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drive around until you see a tipper lorry from an aggregate company (they are everywhere) and note his licence plate and company.

Call them up and say their lorry flicked a stone up that was stuck between the double tyres at the back.

They will have a budget for repairing windows and probably an account with autoglass or similar since it happens all the time.

My mate who runs a quarry gets two or three calls a week and just pays them, he only checks if the lorry was on the road at that particular time and day.

Most don't even do that.

I've never had one explode in the regular fridge due to extreme cold (the freezer side yes because parents forget their emergency cooling plan when in a rush), but I have had to clean a fridge several times due to cans knocked over, exploded by falling off a shelf/shelf collapse, etc.

It is indeed a pita.  Some other drinks just don't clean off easily as well.

I rather wish I'd seen Stunt's post before I got it sorted, but it's good advice.

Only cost me £50 excess through my insurance, though, which isn't bad. Might put next year's premium up a smidge, but we're looking at getting a shiny new Motability car soon and they come with insurance included so it won't matter.

Annoyingly, though, the Autoglass clowns sent the wrong glass today, so the guy has to come back tomorrow with the right glass.

There are only two options (one has black trim around it, the other has chrome effect trim) - but they won't send both out on the first trip "as it would cost money to return the unused one."

Um... well, you've STILL done that, haven't you, AND had to pay for a second call-out. So how is that cheaper, genius?

Annoyingly, though, the Autoglass clowns sent the wrong glass today, so the guy has to come back tomorrow with the right glass.

This. They are dumbasses. Did the same with my pickup.

2 models, I made sure I differentiated.

Wrong screen. He writes down correct model before he leaves.

Same guy turns up 2 days later. With a new wrong screen.

A week to get a new windscreen...

The technician said it's very common to get the wrong glass, he gets several jobs a week where he has to rebook. This must cost someone a lot of money - probably the insurance companies - as that technician is getting paid for his time, if nothing else not to mention the cost of returning the wrong part and ordering another one.

I don't see how that could cost less than sending both options out in the first place.

But then, what do I know?

To be fair, his van was full of windscreens, so maybe not an option to carry all 'just in case'.

Still idiots though as I told them what it was. And I still had a *fruitcage*ed windscreen dor a week and got not even a proper apology from the company...

Also, when they say "most times you don't even been to phone your insurance company", do anyway.

Rung mine, and had to pay I think about 60 quid. They said if I believed Autoglass and hadn't called them, I would have had to pay the lot, about £350 or something :(

That has always bugged me about those windscreen replacement adverts.  'Most insurance companies don't need to be informed' Yeah. Great if you've had one replaced with the company before, otherwise you're going to need to call them to find out anyway.

No, what they mean is that THEY (autoglass) have an agreement with something like 95% of insurance companies and THEY (autoglass) will do the claim paperwork for you IF your policy covers glass repair/replacement (most fully comp policies cover this, but not all) - you *should* know this if you checked the level of cover you were buying and/or read your policy documents like you're supposed to...

However, you DO still have to declare it as a "claim" when getting quotes for the next 3-7 years, which will increase your premiums for a while. <_<

Even the chip repair is a "claim" since your insurance company have to pay autoglass to do the job, which costs money. If you didn't have glass cover on your policy, you'd have to pay for it yourself.

In my case, I'm having to pay £50 to have this glass replaced - the insurance company is paying the other £350 (or whatever it is, car glass is apparently insanely expensive) so I can see how they'd not want to be doing it very often.

Here I was about to catch you on that.  :P

Cousin's wedding on Saturday, but the misery of it starts tomorrow.  I'm an usher of some sorts yet have to wear a tux, got to deal with the rehearsal, the ride sickness, etc.

Last wedding I will ever be bothered with hopefully.  Even if there was alcohol I can't drink, and not even Fireknife could make the day entertaining.

The local community Field day is also the day after as well, along with a bunch of other things on the 17th and 18th.

My Tri PRC152 came in today. Its a lovely bit of kit (do need to sort the antenna out though, something for my back).

Unfortunately its being a *bramston pickle*. Managed to program channel 1, CTCSS 1 into it eventually but can't hear my flatmates through the radio. Not even using the PTT or headset atm. It seems to be indicating its receiving a signal though.

Might have to get the guys at talking headsets to look at it and maybe program it for me when my comtacs roll in too.

Yeah. Order placed on Friday but didn't ship until late Saturday/early Sunday as the PTT I ordered was out of stock.

I'm pretty sure I'm just being a muppet with regards to setting it up. Will have another crack at it in a while to see if I can get it to work as I really like it.

Airsofters on Facebook making comments like this as a reply to another player complaining about people without a VCRA defence trying to buy rifs

"Just sell it to them anyway but with a 10% increase in price . If they're that desperate why not profit from it ?"

Airsofters on Facebook making comments like this as a reply to another player complaining about people without a VCRA defence trying to buy rifs

"Just sell it to them anyway but with a 10% increase in price . If they're that desperate why not profit from it ?"

What...

Is suggesting someone break the law in itself a crime? Because morons like that deserve a visit from the police at the very least...

Archived