My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I find out you've ever parked in a disabled space, and you're not entitled to, I'll sneak into your house and *suitcase* in all your potted plants. ;)

Would never part in a disabled space but parent and child is a free for all imo. 

Both can be caused by accidents in cars but I have ethics. ;)

Reading comments on Facebook can make my blood boil. Supposedly there are enough jobs for the unemployed, when I asked for proof I got the usual 'find it yourself'. Which made me scratch my head. There isn't enough. Also, cost wise, it costs the government more to top up people's wages, than it does to pay for the unemployed.

Wanted to break a note for some change at a bank today.

Me: Can I break this for 50ps please?

Teller: Sorry, no 50ps.

Me:...20s?

Teller: Sorry, no 20s

Me:..10s?

Teller: Sorry, no 10s

Me: You know you're a bank right?

Teller: Yes, um sorry sir.

I wanted some pound coins the other day - again, bank was out.

And I was once parked in a parent/child space when a woman came up to shouting and swearing about me taking up the space (she had come over from her parked car especially to do this!). When I pointed out to her the small child asleep in the back that did nothing to placate her. Or when I mentioned my wife was in the store with the other child. She was really aggressive about it. Some crazy people out there. Now my kids are more mobile and I don't need a buggy, I don't bother parking in them, it's not worth the poking the crazies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just noticed I have a flat tyre... and I leave for work at 4 am tomorrow. My commute is a 50 mile motorway trip so my space saver is no good. *fruitcage*. Tit. Wank. *badger*s. *albartroth*.

I have driven on donuts longer than the tire says to, I also see people around town driving on them for years before they got new tire.

is it a space saver, though? or is it just steel?

Definitely a space saver limited to 80kph. I pumped it up before I left and it got me to work just about, we've got some stuff in the stores that can sort it. Left it in the workshop to dry out for a while then I'll give it a look over.

Perfect timing as usual!

If I find out you've ever parked in a disabled space, and you're not entitled to, I'll sneak into your house and *suitcase* in all your potted plants.;)

Thank you for offering an amazing service to all of us who actually need the space. When tax discs were still a thing a friend used to put a 'you have my space want my disability as well' and 'I must be retarded because I park in disabled spaces without a badge' stickers sized just right to cover a disc made with high strength adhesive.

Not that I'm condoning it but I understand. Also when did it become blue badge? I still remember when it was orange.

As for what's irritating me today... hospitals. I have this theory in my more cynical and irritated moments that the NHS core values are actually these:

1. Ensure all be autocratic boxes are ticked

2. Ensure all patients feel sufficiently condescended towards and less intelligent than the medical professional at all times

3. Ensure facilities are staffed with the minimum needed staff

4. Treat patients in so far as it doesn't conflict with values 1-3.

There are loads of amazing staff I have dealt with but the system is so needlessly nightmarishly complicated that I end up more stressed and in more pain whilst in hospital than when I'm out.

Reading comments on Facebook can make my blood boil. Supposedly there are enough jobs for the unemployed, when I asked for proof I got the usual 'find it yourself'. Which made me scratch my head. There isn't enough. Also, cost wise, it costs the government more to top up people's wages, than it does to pay for the unemployed.

Don't go on the airsoft pages then. Going by the posts on there I'm surprised some people are able to chew gum and walk at the same time. For example, someone posted a newspaper article where a high ranking officer in the met said that rifs could be handed in if people wanted to dispose of them. Lots of idiots then interpreted it as there's a ban comming

Edit: here's the online article http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/met-launches-gun-amnesty-in-aftermath-of-france-shootings-a3119606.html

What a *suitcasey* *fruitcage* couple of days!

Drive about 200 miles this weekend taking my other half to see her family, Harry Potter world, and others. Plays along with the whole "oh you are getting a special treat for being so nice ;)" get home "oh I'm too tired for any of that" on her phone for an hour or so, then to sleep while I lie there going are you *fruitcage* kidding me!

Great-uncle also looks after his wife who had a stroke a few years ago. Theyre both 80, he's now got Alzheimer's, bowel cancer, kidney stones, and a chest infection, then fell down the stairs and broke his neck. Piece of it floating that will kill him if he so much as sneezes the wrong way. 50/50 chance of making it last night, they plan to discharge him and send him home today apparently.

Then after all that came in to work for a massive *badger*ing about not having answers to questions people haven't asked me.

Gonna be one of those weeks...

I'm sick. Also, I managed to break a newly bought super soaker in three minutes: I poured the water in, pumped the thing a couple of times, then it went pop and leaked water through all possible holes. Apparently the pressure relief valve is nonfunctional, and some tubing came loose inside.

Worse yet, despite the first impression it would make a *suitcasey* plasma cannon barrel.

So last night my dad gets a call from my *albartroth* of a grandfather next door saying that he wants me to come with him in the morning (on the scant day I was supposed to not have to deal with him) to look for a deer he shot but couldn't track (he's colorblind to the point where he can't tell what is blood).  So, I spent 3+ hours lugging around in a snow laden hell of a forest trying to track it for him (having to constantly point out what is and isn't blood) to no avail (even if we had found the poor creature, it would have been mauled by coyotes like the last one he shot).  He jokes on the way home that he would call the house at night when he shoots another one and have me come out then.

My legs have felt worse pain than I have ever had before, more so than a full day at a field covered with ravines.  I've been silently screaming expletives for over 9 hours so far.

Yet tomorrow, I have to get up yet again to go with him on a renovation job that he has no clue what will entail, because he says yes to everything in fear that the clients he works for (scumbag realtors/landlords) will actually hire someone competent to do the job.

To think my father doesn't understand why I can't stand him or his father.  Wish the holidays would go away so I don't have to deal with either of them on them.

So last night my dad gets a call from my *albartroth* of a grandfather next door saying that he wants me to come with him in the morning (on the scant day I was supposed to not have to deal with him) to look for a deer he shot but couldn't track (he's colorblind to the point where he can't tell what is blood).  So, I spent 3+ hours lugging around in a snow laden hell of a forest trying to track it for him (having to constantly point out what is and isn't blood) to no avail (even if we had found the poor creature, it would have been mauled by coyotes like the last one he shot).  He jokes on the way home that he would call the house at night when he shoots another one and have me come out then.

He shouldn't be hunting if he can't do a clean job of it.

What scorch said.

Go round and take all his guns off him now.

It's supposed to be sporting, not letting quarry suffer needlessly for several hours because some *rickroll* can't shoot.

Archived