My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't speak for whatever people say (and I hate this safe space *suitcase* as well!) but with ref to JCDM... the officers who pulled the trigger were not to blame BUT it was based on disastrous intelligence - they thought he was a different bloke (an ethopian!) , allowed him to take two buses and get in the station in the first place  What is unforgivable was the smear that cocaine he had taken 12 hours previously somehow affected his behavior including the lie that he had jumped over the tube barriers (he did no such thing).

No sensible person would demand that police / counter terror ops to go plan 100% of the time. But don't try and lie about it... that's just twatty. 

for what its worth I don't take any of this stuff personally... 1) I have never met anyone who agrees with me on like 3/5 things. 2) Without discussion and argument life would be boring and certainly less advanced! 

edit: added a link for the curious. 

edit 2: whilst im spouting off: While the two blokes who have recently been cleared had to go through everything you'd expect... the officer in charge of the investigation (which was absolutely dismal) was not. In fact Cressida D1ck was made acting deputy commissioner and now works as a Director-general at the foreign office. The military motto of "never reinforce failure" seems to be ignored when it comes to the higher ups! 

Actually the 'padded jacket' thing and report that he jumped the barriers was actually down to members of the public, who mistakenly assumed that the first SO19 guy running into the station (who vaulted the barriers) was the guy the others who came in after him were chasing. That then got repeated as fact by the media, and other police officers, until everything got worked out afterwards.

The whole thing was a complete and utter cluster*fruitcage* based on a screwup by the initial intelligence officer who  took the world's worst timed loo break in the history of law enforcement and ballsed up the initial identification. 

The surveillance officers then thought he was making an attempt to lose a tail professionally by getting off and straight back on the bus at Brixton (which pretty much sealed his fate as up to that point the surveillance officers were planning to lift him). The guys following him up to the station were unarmed and unable to really intervene. If he had been a bomber, they'd have been toast so they had to wait for SO19.

The Met sure as hell isn't perfect, but when the confusion cleared and the facts came out, I don't see anything really different they could have done once he'd been misidentified. Certainly not to justify rolling out the pitchforks for the guys that pulled the trigger.

Actually the 'padded jacket' thing and report that he jumped the barriers was actually down to members of the public, who mistakenly assumed that the first SO19 guy running into the station (who vaulted the barriers) was the guy the others who came in after him were chasing. That then got repeated as fact by the media, and other police officers, until everything got worked out afterwards.

Agreed BUT the witness statements were taken as fact by the police and perhaps more importantly were not corrected until the document leak. Agree 100% with the rest of your post.

LOL I'm not a free man I'm sorry to say and because there's worse police then ours that makes it ok? wtf? I should be greatful for that as well :0) now that's an idiotic point of view. Your left Nut is now being very lightly grilled for the wild animals in my garden :0) as it has nothing to do with me partaking in illegal  activities but the fact that the police have and do so!

Dave put it well.

Yes, you get naughty cops. You get naughty people in all walks of life. Police vetting is not infallible. It can't be with resources available, but it generally works.

I don't know any crooked cops, but then maybe they are good at being crooked. Maybe some fiddle overtime. Maybe some fiddle their partners tax returns etc, but I don't know. Most are jaded, some are off with the job but still have a sense of duty that overcomes that. Some just want to make it to their pension. All just want to work and support their family.

It's easy to say a few rotten apples spoil the bunch, and media loves it when cops *fruitcage* up, but it works both ways. Outside of my friends, I tend to treat people with at minimum a detached view, as the *fruitcage*ers I deal with at work tend to make you hate society. Harsh, but true.

Proportionally, there are far more corrupt or criminal 'civilians' (you get my meaning here, even though not correct) than there are cops.

That comes back to my other post, and lack of respect. I'm in now way advocating a police state, but more robust powers and punishment for breaking the law will, I truly believe, make our society better. Not just for police. Teachers are bound too, and the little darling swearing at them all day and needing a cuddle for their troubles need a good hiding to sort them out, probably putting in care too while their parents are locked up for being, well, *suitcase* parents. That brings me onto social services. There was uproar in the press recently with kids being held in cells over night or for extended periods. Yes. It's wrong. But when I go to little timmys house on a Saturday night who has been reported missing, I get told he will be at his friends house. I only get told that after a few hours of searching known acquaintances when it's time for him to come home and we cost less than a taxi. And he's done it 17 times this month.

Or you get a call around 1500 on a Friday with a list of vulnerable children from social services, who clock off an hour later so it's all our problem for the weekend. *badger*s. According to the wicked witch, it's our job to cut crime. No more, no less.

Chief constables need to grow some teeth and sort us out so we can do our jobs properly and not be tied up doing several other agencies jobs at the same time. May won't go for that though as she is dismantling the UK police system via the media and public hatred to further her own gains, namely privatisation which would benefit... People she knows.

I can hear skarclaw gnashing his teeth reading that, for which I apologise :P, but something needs to be done. Wankers run amok taking the , and plead 'human rights' and all sorts of *suitcase*. What about the rights of the OAP robbed midday in the street? Or the person run over and killed? How does a suspended sentence for assault or 2 years inside for killing someone with a couple of tons of moving metal be correct?

And again!

I'm all outa likes! Unless arnies has used its AI bot to recognise I'm a jaded old cynic and disabled that function for me.

Tell you what, *fruitcage* it. I'm going to take this out on the next person I come across which commited a minor infraction of the law. That person is in a whole world of hurt because I'm a twat and was bullied as a child*

*unfortunate disclaimer that I'm not! and this was a tongue-in-cheek comment. Sorry to disappoint the daily heil...

Archived