My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

cambelt and waterpump changed on corrado, charger primed, coolant refilled and she fired into life once again!

only to find a major waterleak...

from the waterpump area.

*fruitcage* my life

Probably pinched the oring might want to source one just incase but hay look on the bright side, at least, its running and will be easier second time around ! Did you drill the bolt out with a masonry bit? Or was that someone else on here who rounded out a bolt?

Why do car manufacturers dry fit everything with no anti-seize compounds and assemble engines before the fit them! The should be made to assemble everything in order so you know the pieces that will need replacing at some point can be sorted without removing the whole feckin engine almost!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cambelt and waterpump changed on corrado, charger primed, coolant refilled and she fired into life once again!

only to find a major waterleak...

from the waterpump area.

*fruitcage* my life

I'm guessing, being a volkswagen, the water pump is an absolute *badgeress* to get to and involves ripping half the engine out?

My fridge exploded.

Well, not quite, but the freezer vented all the coolant, started warming up and let out a loud boom last night. Then it went silent.

Almost 300 quid spent on the new fridge. And I still have to ask the next door neighbor if he can keep the contents of my freezer (luckily, just half a bag of fries, two bags of veggies and a pound of chicken) until tomorrow.

That's 300 quid I could have spent on a new lens for my camera, renovating my bathroom or that M1887 clone. Sodding buggery*fruitcage*.

Depending on the age of the old one, better efficiency probably.  Lifespan, much less most likely.

I don't know what they're doing with new appliances but they die so quickly.  Cheap materials I guess.  If you have a fridge/freezer from the 80s, it's probably still going strong. 

Urgh, (I was going to suggest something but I thought better of it) that made me think of something.

Mild annoyance today. Apparently, a drive by survey is enough to justify a valuation. Drive by. Like a take away survey.

*fruitcage* wits.

Sucks...

Any idea what caused it?

Well, my hamfisted attempts at defrosting are not out of the question. Particularly considering that I managed to yank out two halfbrick-sized chunks of ice.

Depending on the age of the old one, better efficiency probably.  Lifespan, much less most likely.

I don't know what they're doing with new appliances but they die so quickly.  Cheap materials I guess.  If you have a fridge/freezer from the 80s, it's probably still going strong.

That thing was roughly half as old as me, so late 90s is a more likely estimate. It was bought as a replacement for an 80s fridge, to boot.

At least it's a new fridge hopefulky A+++ efficiency, so it'll be cheaper in the long run? :)

Nah, just a domestically made A+, but since it has some "No-Frost" system, I won't have to punch, stab and scrape the insides in order to get rid of an entire kitchen sink's worth of ice.

I got kinda screwed by the stupefyingly idiotic layout of my kitchen, though. I had to look for a fridge that would have to be shallow and narrow enough to fit into a corner and don't bump into the sink on the other side of the kitchen when the doors are fully open.

And I'm afraid what I'll find when I get home.

There's something fundamentally wrong with younger people in my society...

Al these single people ageing 25-35.

Much educated women, most very pretty, but most also have HUGE expectations.

Like 90% have those typical 'I'm adventurous!!' kind of pictures on Tinder/Facebook.

Trying SO hard not to be boring.

And I'm starting to absolutely hate the ' Work hard, play hard ' kind of nonsense.

It could turn into a smack hard...

Pretentious little show offs...

Btw, I'm not saying men on FB/Tinder aren't showing various levels of douchebaggery, but I don't see that side.

So no comment there.

Just have your first message be something like 'Hey.  You seem like my kind of person.  Do you want to go white water river rafting/rock climbing?' e.t.c. whatever is local.

Go out with the 'hell yeah' responses.  Boom.  *suitcase* sifted.

So I managed to have the next-door neighbor store my dinner in his freezer, but I still have to empty the fridge, empty the cupboard next to it and move it away to have some maneuvering space. Also, turns out my new electric toothbrush is *suitcase* as instead of running slower and slower to signal that the battery's running out (because a LED signal would be an entirely unnecessary luxury), it just cuts out when you least expect it.

And I'm not sure whether I caught some bug or is it merely the dreaded 'lergy, as expected from this time of year.

Without wanting to offend anyone, I'm not sure autism is a "learning difficulty" as it affects far more than that.

a4591ffa70c19c03b6d5d352930470f0.jpg

This quick Google definition lists it as a "mental condition".

I wouldn't use the term " learning difficulty " nor "mental illness" to describe it.

I certainly wouldn't try to use it as an insult or put down.

Archived