My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Skoda analyses the data from the ABS sensors.

If one wheel is turning faster than the others it deduces that the wheel has a lower radius and therefore lower pressure.

Works brilliantly.

Peugeot never have done well at technology things...

You're being ironic, right?

Never

lol

euHfi7.gif

Yeah that's faked.

America Must Bern. That's all I have to say for the matter.

Also, I again had all of four hours of sleep. Surprisingly, I'm in better shape than yesterday, but I won't be surprised if I just faceplant into my bed and wake up tomorrow morning.

Afaic the whole world can burn but for the future of constitutionalist is concerned Ted was the best.

No one watches cspan so noone knows.

Afaic the whole world can burn but for the future of constitutionalist is concerned Ted was the best.

No one watches cspan so noone knows.

Fair enough if thats your thing but the Libertarian ticket is the way forward... GOP doesn't give a *suitcase* about the constitution or the founding principles... cheers. 

My Skoda analyses the data from the ABS sensors.

If one wheel is turning faster than the others it deduces that the wheel has a lower radius and therefore lower pressure.

Works brilliantly.

Most VWAG group does this now, it's a really easy way of adding a 'great' 'feature' to cars without actually having to add much hardware - one button and a light on the dash cluster, and a few lines of code in the ABS subroutine, which is already monitoring the wheel rotation speeds.

I have tyre pressure sensors in my car, two of them. One's my left hand, one's my right hand. 

Day off. Wife and son go swimming on a Friday, and then lunch and meet mummy friends.

Was looking forward to spending a good portion of my day in my pants, watching Sci fi and snarfing bacon.

Son woke up late so they aren't going out now so have to interact with them. And my sister in law is coming over after lunch to discuss a toddler event thing all afternoon.

Day off - ruined.

After two weeks, someone told me that the job I was trying to fit into my schedule was supposed to include entering dates in addition to IDs.

AFTER TWO *fruitcage* WEEKS.

I am homicidally livid and if I didn't have an appointment tomorrow morning, I'd drink myself unconscious.

Turned my laptop on.

No screen image. Doesn't even try.

Was working perfectly yesterday evening.

I hate computers.

I cannot afford to repair or replace it, plus if I do get a new one, how do I save the data from the old one without being able to see the screen to initiate data copying or whatever?

*sigh*

Can you plug it into a monitor/TV?  Sometimes when my PC likes to be a little *badgeress* and not display anything to the monitor, it still sends a signal through HDMI so I can see wtf is going on.

If the display is properly *fruitcage*ed, I guess you'd have to take out the HDD and clone it.

Tried VGA cable on upstairs TV which has a suitable socket, no good.

Tried ATX reset, no good.

Linux live disc/usb.

Not sure how Linux is going to help in this situation.

Assuming the HDMI port was working beforehand, and it doesn't work now, it's most likely a system board/GPU failure :(

I concur. Although how things fail while they're switched off is still a mystery to me.

Assuming we've guessed right, I'm not sure that knowing the cause of the fault helps very much.

The laptop is quite old (HP Pavilion dv7-1103ea) so it's possible that parts might be available on eBay or somewhere. Don't know how easy it would be to replace the graphics card and/or main board...

All the normal lights are on and it appears to boot up fine if I put the passwords in at the right times.

No light or beep codes visible (apparently there's a known fault with the dv7 where the GPU overheats causing the solder inside to melt and create a short, which is signalled by the caps lock and num lock lights flashing. Mine is NOT doing that.)

Just no video.

I hate computers.

This.

This more than anything.

They *fruitcage* up for no reason whatsoever, other than the reason of '*fruitcage* you, I'm a computer. *fruitcage* off'.

Computers are *Ubarflock*.

Would that explain the lack of function on HDMI and VGA outputs as well?

Edit - struggling to figure out if the graphics card is built into the main board or separate - I suspect it's built in.

Found a supplier of replacements - £120 for the main board.

No way can I spend that on a laptop that's about 7-8 years old and in dire need of replacement.

But I'm far from sure how much data I'll be able to recover from the drives if I get a new laptop - windows has an annoying habit of things not working if you copy them to a new PC...

Broke up with a girl cause after 2 months of dating (without sex!) She still thought i was chasing the vag rather than actually liking her... I mean... you can do both right? Jaysus! After I had a big chat about previous relationships bla bla she asked whether I was on drugs!

*till racking noise* NEXT!

Edit: if you see a post I made on the 24th january re: my ex and my PC. My pc is still broken! On warranty... just been a lazy *bramston pickle* and not sent it back yet! Same problem as hedge... just didnt do anything when I turned it on one evening!

Two months man, that is impressive.  Women...

Hedge, if you have any external HDDs plugged in, unplug them.  I had an issue the other day where an external HDD was stopping boot for some reason.

Archived