My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vodaphone....

[RANT]

...(Meanwhile i'm paying £30 a month for this paperweight)

Note time date stamp.

This has just been resolved.  While phoning about a completely different issue - I only threw it in as a 'By the way, you still owe me about £120 for services not delivered' - they dealt with a 26 month old case but not the one that happened yesterday.

It took me months to sort a warranty fix with them. Was goinground in circles until I called on my birthday, and the woman I spoke to couldn't do enough for me.

me off, but I'm still with them as they are usually great, and I get a job discount!

This and I'd hoped as we also use them for our duty mobiles the signal would be half decent at work. Which it is not.

Mine is personal use, but signal here is spot on everywhere. I get 4g walking dogs on the estuary by me!

I've found that it's very difficult to mess up 'coffee'. (the freeze dried instant soluble stuff, I mean). I was making coffee's for my parents back when I was like, 10. Spoon of coffee. Boiling water. Splash of milk. Done.

Proper coffee is *fruitcage* difficult as *suitcase*. Aeropress' make it easier, but you can *fruitcage* that up with a bad ratio or brew time. What about french press? How many grams of beans to water do you use? Do you put the plunger on straight away or leave it till the pour? Do you stir the grounds or not? How long do you leave it? Do you warm the carafe or not first?

That's not even counting pour-over/chemex, or dialing in an espresso.

Anyway, moral of the story: Tea is terrible. Coffee is King.

I've found that it's very difficult to mess up 'coffee'. (the freeze dried instant soluble stuff, I mean). I was making coffee's for my parents back when I was like, 10. Spoon of coffee. Boiling water. Splash of milk. Done.

Proper coffee is *fruitcage* difficult as *suitcase*. Aeropress' make it easier, but you can *fruitcage* that up with a bad ratio or brew time. What about french press? How many grams of beans to water do you use? Do you put the plunger on straight away or leave it till the pour? Do you stir the grounds or not? How long do you leave it? Do you warm the carafe or not first?

That's not even counting pour-over/chemex, or dialing in an espresso.

Anyway, moral of the story: Tea is terrible. Coffee is King.

I just read what you said and came to a totally different conclusion.

Tea is delicious and refreshing, even when hot.

It is versatile and just as good with or without milk or sugar.

Coffee is a awkward *bramston pickle* to make and even if you miraculously get it right it still tastes like bitter garbage and gives you bad breath.

Coffee is a science to get right and great coffee will change your life, my Kenwood machine is ok for a hot plate machine I'd like a decent French press though or aerator though. Feeling better and so close to being able to use my lovely new bed and I'm making a gun wall when I come back from the USA with a cover for when I go out I think

Kidney appointment tomorrow for the boy and he's having to do something disgusting, transport a container with 24 hours worth of ###### in.

Just done the bi-weekly tyre/car check.. N/S/F is literally down to steel cords its only 3 months old so something must be rubbing but I see no evidence of anything rubbing anywhere. Everything is as it should be mechanically, no bushes are worn, theres no damage to the subframe or wishbones so whats happening? Tracking was done with the new front set and I don't remember hitting any pothole/curb since. 

WHY CAR!? WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!? 

Had something similar on my ibiza when I had its cambelt done last week. Inner edge of tyre literally about to explode.

You say tracking a been done, but might be worth getting it checked again. Is the spring complete? I've heard of a loose but of coil rubbing against a tyre before.

There's no sign of any wear on any other parts inc inner wheel arch..

Just had a new set of Hankook boots fitted, apparently the tracking was slightly out but not that bad. I'll monitor it over time see how it goes.

At least it's legal again now..

My main gripe of the whole experience is that they adjusted everything possible.. Seat, wing mirrors, rear view mirror, steering wheel etc.. Just to drive 5m FORWARD into their workshop and into the ramp! I literally watched him change everything then move it forward. I drive 109 miles/day I HATE readjusting my seat it takes days to get it just right.. And even then it's never perfect, now im back at stage 1. Bastards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do that.... I get changing the seat but to roll 5m into the workshop *fruitcage* it just YSJ it if it takes that lol my.

When I was driving I had the policy of adjust and die because of how hard the Mazda was to get a decent driving position in it was so low. The Astra of my dads I didn't care I could drive that from pretty much any position

Archived