My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's shocking - every workplace should have a first aider.

I was under the impression it was a legal requirement in the UK (numbers based on staff count?). Most of its common sense anyway but apparently no one is qualified.

I'm going to do a course anyway for my own peace of mind as last time I was first aid trained was in the cadets and apparently you pin someone seizing...

We have 2 first aiders, and 2 first aid boxes.

And for people having a convulsive seizure, it's just a case of remove anything they can hurt themselves on, stuck a coat or something under their head and get the ambulance on the way while you let them ride it out.

Mandatory sensitivity course. You know, workplace bullying, discrimination, yadda yadda. Not only I went through one half a year ago, this one is the worst sort of overengineered IT I've seen. Last year I had to take a similar course about corruption in government offices, and that one at least had downloadable scripts on top of badly voiced shoddy Flash animations, so I didn't have to watch that horse*fruitcage*ery. But no, this one doesn't let me read the *fruitcage* script! I am almost certain that it's some higher-up's pet project made chiefly to waste government money, and I have to click through it, on top of my usual work, before Friday.

Really. I don't have time for that. Enough that it upset me so badly yesterday that I had to distract myself with ideas how to build retro-futuristic computing projects.

Also, did you know how the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy interface is controlled in-game? I just realized it yesterday, looking at a massively complex build of one on TheRPF. It's a rotating switch for the menu, a scroll wheel under it on the rear edge, and a button next to the scroll wheel. It's almost like Bethesda had someone design an actual interface for it, instead of "three buttons and uuuuh... what next?" we know from Fallout 3.

Whoever thought that the old Nokia coaxial power plug wasn't the pinnacle needs taking out back and shooting as a traitor to the realm.

I had my Nokia for years as a heavy handed kid, never broke the plug and it goes in to the socket in any orientation.

FUUUU

Friend lost her phone, gave her my old spare. Now a day *fruitcage* later the charging port has broken on my S4...

That's horrific luck

Somewhere I have a dead S4 from which you may extract the charging port and probably an S4 wireless charging back plate if I look hard enough.

Archived