My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the buses down on the bellarine peninsular............. seriously stick to the *fruitcage* timetable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i waited for the bus for half an hour today and then went to check said timetable... as soon as i walk across the road, there goes my bus ! *fruitcage* !

so i have to hitchike all the way into uni so i dont miss my lecture... thankyou bellarine transport!

• 3 weeks later...

People who respond to threads by saying "you can PM me for info." Wtf? Have you TOTALLY missed the point of a FORUM? If you have this wealth of information POST IT, YOU MORONIC *fruitcage*! I am so sick of seeing someone post "Hi, new to the sport, appreciate any help people can give me," only to get three replies (usually from people who've been airsofting for all of five minutes) saying "I was in the same boat as you, PM me for help." This is a forum. Either post what you have to say, or shut up.

:zorro:

• 2 weeks later...

Jordin is decent but lacks control, Blake can't sing worth poop, and Melinda is the pro who delivers every week.

Melinda gets the boot.

What... the... hell...

That *beep* is rigged.

In terms of vocals, my top 3 would've been Melinda at the top, and Phil and Jordin there just to fill space. Though it is nice to see a beatboxer get some mainstream attention, Bla-eera-lake in the finals is a joke.

the GOD DAMN NHS

5 years ago my dentist decided that there was more money going private, so like the greedy little swine he is he did it. obviously a 4 bedroom house and a jaguar wasn't enough for him. so i had the choice, pay extortionate prices OR have no dentist. i wasn't in a position to choose so i ended up with no dentist.

2 years ago, one of my partially through wisdom teeth had rotted inside my gum where no ammount of brushing could have prevented and it basically crumbled. the pain was worse than than anything i have ever felt. i searched in vain for an NHS dentist but non of them would accept any new patients so i was left in agony. eventually my mum fronted £250 for a private dentist to pull it out

now another two of my wisdom teeth have suffered the same fate last christmas, ive been in agony since december on and off, been living on pain killers. in january my missus managed to get me in at her NHS dentist as she got our son in too. but guess what, in JANUARY! they said they couldnt see me till may. WTF? so i waits, in agony for about 2 of 7 days a week, and i go to see him.

he sits me in his chair, has a look, does some x-rays and says that he cant do it on the NHS, but will give me prices of basically the same as NHS prices, which is no good, ive got a bloody exemption card for the NHS so i dont have to pay for anything at all, so why cant i bloody get it? Hmmm? so now i need to find £300 to have two teeth out that have been giving me grief for half a god damn year.... what the hell is the point of the NHS? why have i been in agony for 6 months when i have a card that gives me FREE dental care?

oh one more rant

WTF IS THE POINT IN WISDOM TEETH??????

Another rant about everyone's favourite delivery company, coupled with everyone's favourite government taxing branch...

I present to you...A MYSTERY!

Observe:

Date - Time - Location - Tracking Event

18-05-2007 - 18:46 - National Hub - Sorted in hub

18-05-2007 - 08:49 - International Hub - RELEASED WITH CHARGES

18-05-2007 - 08:46 - International Hub - En route to delivery depot

17-05-2007 - 21:39 - International Hub - AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

17-05-2007 - 21:39 - International Hub - AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES

17-05-2007 - 21:22 - International Hub - Arrived in destination country

12-05-2007 - 14:28 - CAPE ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) - Left origin country

11-05-2007 - 14:20 - Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA

What I want to know is, where the F*** was my parcel for the 5 days it should have been crossing the Atlantic? I mean, last time I went to the US, I don't remember the journey taking nearly a week. Maybe I just slept it off.

Have Parcel Farce been using it to relieve their sexual tensions for a week as it sat in their pre-customs warehouse? Did USPS lose it? Will the PACA supposedly contained within actually be there, or will PF have replaced it with a turd in a box and hope I won't notice? What state will the box be in?

UPDATE:

The story continues...

I ring up, asking if the parcel is up for delivery today. I get some miserable t****r, who just asks for my name and address and no tracking number. He claims it hasn't arrived at the depot yet, and basically tells me 'tough luck'.

Lies, as it arrived there at midnight, according to the tracking.

I rung up again to have a go at this f***ing idiot. I get a different guy, and go through the same routine, but he asks for a number. 5 minutes later, he has the parcel in his hands and arranges for it to be collected in the next hour.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL, OH NO!

It appears Customs & Excise, having shat on the box for 5 days in their depot (I assume...), released the parcel with £40 OF CHARGES. The item is worth $140, which is £70. That's about 60% charges. The rate is 17.5% as far as I know, plus a Parcel Farce handling fee (wonderful) of about £5.

What the F*** are they playing at?

So anyway, I'll have the thing soon, and then it's time to write a scathing letter to HM C&E asking for a refund.

Any and all people responsible for the designs of the Transformers in the new movie. Why do they all transform from vehicles into piles of walking scrap? Could no one find a less aesthetically pleasing look for them? The concept of these things is thirty years old. The designs have advanced from the often fairly statue-like original toys to the latest fantastically posable Alternators line. So why why why do the latest ones look worse than ANYTHING I've ever seen. Christ, they make the GoBots look good.

:zorro:

the way a certain country's (i wont name it) immigrants over here have to have replicate everything just for themselves. they have their own pubs, own social clubs, churches, shops etc, i mean people talk about us being multi-cultural, then they come over here and as good as set up a parthide (spelling?)

you could just save more, and live on tesco value beans for a month. then you get your mp5 AND bike.

beleive me, I try explaining the "if you save for it, and go a little without, you can buy it!" principle to my wife and its like I've just tried to explain chaos theory to her.

In latin.

While at the bottom of a well.

seriously...

Archived